Mountain Lion Compatibility...  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
jarane

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Mountain Lion Compatibility...

by jarane » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:06 pm

Hi everyone,
I just upgraded to Mountain Lion and re-installed FlashPlayer, but I am unable to open my local APT generated tours (no problem viewing the ones on the web).
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
E.C.

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:39 pm

arrrr.. I have been holding off with any upgrades for this reason.. Hope you find a fix since I would love to upgrade too....

Destiny...

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:09 am

maybe here are some hints... in special about new mac security tool needing signed software (which autopano and panotoru currently are not...)
http://www.kolor.com/blog-en/2012/07/27/kolor-announces-the-compatibility-of-all-software-applications-with-mac-os-x-mountain-lion-autopano-panotour/

did you use the same installed ptp version or did you upgrade ptp also to a more recent version?
(I dont own a mac - so ...)

Georg

vincen
Kolor Certified Trainer

Liked in: 4 posts
Info

by vincen » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:23 am

jarane wrote:Hi everyone,
I just upgraded to Mountain Lion and re-installed FlashPlayer, but I am unable to open my local APT generated tours (no problem viewing the ones on the web).
Any ideas?

What browser do you use ? no issues here with Chrome on Mountain Lion, I play all panos and virtual tours as in the past on Snow Leopard ;) Chrome includes Flash engine.

Vincèn
Blog: http://www.skivr.com
Nodal Ninja 4 R-D16 on Benro Tripod + Ultimate R1 on Nodal Ninja P2 + Nikon D800 + Nikkor 10.5 + Nikkor 14/24 f/2.8 +Pentax 645D

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:25 am

Thats good to hear Vincèn.. However I am still worried... I am using Safari but that is only as up to date as my OS X will allow.. I really want to update.. I have other software too that might be effected.. Its always a risk I guess.... Perhaps back up everything and then try it... At the moment I am using Show Leopard.. I was going to buy Lion but now Mountain Lion is available.. Not sure if I can put Mountain Lion onto Show Leopard without the Lion version.. Perhaps time to contact Apple... I bet the next version will be called Tiger.. ;)

Destiny....

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:41 am

Hi.. I have been trying to find a fix for you but there is just so much stuff on the web.. Perhaps remove Flash altogether and turn off before reinstalling.. I am sure I read somewhere there were issues with one of the recent Flash player upgrades but I cannot find it....

Destiny..

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
E.C.

vincen
Kolor Certified Trainer

Info

by vincen » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:08 am

jarane wrote:I just upgraded to Mountain Lion and re-installed FlashPlayer, but I am unable to open my local APT generated tours (no problem viewing the ones on the web).

If the problem is just with local tours and not with online ones it's just a question to setup correctly rights in Flash to be able to access local files (which is prevented by default in Flash for security reasons !

Vincèn
Nodal Ninja 4 R-D16 on Benro Tripod + Ultimate R1 on Nodal Ninja P2 + Nikon D800 + Nikkor 10.5 + Nikkor 14/24 f/2.8 +Pentax 645D

vincen
Kolor Certified Trainer

Info

by vincen » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:10 am

Destiny wrote:Thats good to hear Vincèn.. However I am still worried... I am using Safari but that is only as up to date as my OS X will allow.. I really want to update.. I have other software too that might be effected.. Its always a risk I guess.... Perhaps back up everything and then try it... At the moment I am using Show Leopard..

My best advice is Keep on Snow Leopard as long as you can, as both Lion and Mountain Lion are mainly "marketing" updates, nothing really new (for users I say !) excepted to transform more and more Mac computers in iCrap devices :( I guess it's soon time to return to Linux, my first love :)

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:20 am

I will take that advice Vincèn.... Funny, my friend in France uses the same term, iCrap devices.. I will have to get my head round Linux at some stage... Its supposed to be free and more stable than Windows, my pet hate.. I have Bootcamp on my Mac and when I do get round to going onto Windows 7, i really do not know how anyone gets anything done.. Update after update.... patches and more patches.. My Mac just works.. never crashes... ;)

Destiny..

vincen
Kolor Certified Trainer

Info

by vincen » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:13 am

Destiny wrote:Funny, my friend in France uses the same term, iCrap devices.. I will have to get my head round Linux at some stage...

The main issue with Linux right now is that such great tool as Lightroom doesn't exist on Linux and no real similar products so it's a real issue ! at least APG and PTP works fine on Linux :P

Vincèn

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:17 pm

vincen wrote:My best advice is Keep on Snow Leopard as long as you can, as both Lion and Mountain Lion are mainly "marketing" updates, nothing really new (for users I say !) excepted to transform more and more Mac computers in iCrap devices

I´m, afraid you´re right . . . :| The path Apple follows actually maybe good for them . . . but not for us i mean.

But Linux is not an option.

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
jarane

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by jarane » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:29 pm

Thanks all,
so far I only tried to play a tour created on my main computer (still on Snow Leopard), I have not yet installed any version of PTP on my MacBookPro.
The problem happens only with .swf LOCAL files. Over the internet it all plays well.

It is possible to play local PTP created tours but ONLY if you create an html page to contain it. It will not recognize a .swf file.
Most of my older tours are created previous to the html-capable PTP, and the original files are scattered all over the place.

I am running Safari 6.0 and, of course, the latest version of Mountain Lion (10.8)

Thanks again,
E.C.
Last edited by jarane on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:01 pm

Hi.. This might just be your swf player settings.. If you make a swf file, and place it inside a ptp pano, it will not work until its uploaded.. However, the pano will still play even though its swf. I suggest you right mouse over your pano and see if there are options..

Destiny..

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:26 pm

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
E.C.

Guess it´s not - or not only - a problem with MacOS but with the old files - APT=AutoPanoTour has gone for years!

Do you have the SAME content local as you have on the web?

best, Klaus

(btw.: i always wait at least half a year before i switch to a new OS - am still using 10.6.8 after skipping Lion)
Last edited by klausesser on Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel