How to organize Panorama List ?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Toni

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

How to organize Panorama List ?

by Toni » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:45 am

Hi,

Please I'm making a virtual tour with 32 scenes, but the panorama list got to big, boring and confusing.
Please what's the code I need to insert in the XML section of the plugin to separate some panos ?
I would like to put a line or just a text between some of the panos.
Or maybe organize it in a folder structure, or even change the white background color for some of them.

What are my options or what I can do ?

Thank you !
Toni

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:22 am

I cant give a direct solution for modifying the xml code...
sticking with panotour you could split your panos (you say scenes - currently panotour does not work with the krpano concept of scenes - this will be so with panotour 2.x coming at photokina)
into 2 groups. group one you load to panotour project 1.and all panos of second group you load to panotour project 2. you finally get 2 tours sitting in parallell directories on your local harddisc. you than only need to go to the plugins inside the xml code and add an entry for the pulldownlist naming it like "next" and linking it to the entry pano of the other folder...

with panotour 2.x the scenes concept will be available and what you wanna achieve should be possible from GUI.

Georg

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:00 am

Toni wrote:Hi,

Please I'm making a virtual tour with 32 scenes, but the panorama list got to big, boring and confusing.
Please what's the code I need to insert in the XML section of the plugin to separate some panos ?
I would like to put a line or just a text between some of the panos.
Or maybe organize it in a folder structure, or even change the white background color for some of them.

What are my options or what I can do ?

Thank you !
Toni

Hi Toni!

Not sure to understand you correctly: You mean the look of the panorama-list (aka "combobox")? You have 32 panos/names and you want to visually seperate the names by adding a line or so between the names in the list?

You could do that only by editing the xml. Here you find the item "rowcount" - type in the number of rows you need including the faked ones. Then try to fake some entries between the existing panos to seperate them so that the list shows the spacers but they have no url for being triggered. Somebody some time ago showed me an edited list he made this way as i believe - i don´t remember completely how he achieved it but i mean he did it that way.

Sorry for not being more precise!

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:00 am

Hi Toni... To be a bit more precise and logical....Try this... Make sure you change the names to your names assuming you have named your pano's which is a must, you can add or delete as you want according to your pano quantity.... You can also change the Y value to add a second row if required...
Also, make sure you create a new combobox swf file and name them accordingly... Here I have 0-16 xml files.. you will need to make sure you have all these files the list, and also delete what you do not want or you will get errors...

Destiny....

<!--************** Pano list 1 ******************************************************************-->
<plugin name="combobox1" url="virtualtourdata/graphics/combobox1.swf" preload="true" keep="true" align="righttop" x="10" y="10">
<item name="combobox0" caption="Pano1" onClick="mainloadpano(virtualtour0.xml);"/>
<item name="combobox1" caption="Pano2" onClick="mainloadpano(virtualtour1.xml);"/>
<item name="combobox2" caption="Pano3" onClick="mainloadpano(virtualtour2.xml);"/>
<item name="combobox3" caption="Pano4" onClick="mainloadpano(virtualtour3.xml);"/>
<item name="combobox4" caption="Pano5" onClick="mainloadpano(virtualtour5.xml);"/>
<item name="combobox5" caption="Pano6" onClick="mainloadpano(virtualtour6.xml);"/>
</plugin>
<!--************** Pano list 2 ******************************************************************-->
<plugin name="combobox2" url="virtualtourdata/graphics/combobox2.swf" preload="true" keep="true" align="righttop" x="240" y="10">
<item name="combobox7" caption="Pano7" onClick="mainloadpano(virtualtour7.xml);"/>
<item name="combobox8" caption="Pano8" onClick="mainloadpano(virtualtour8.xml);"/>
<item name="combobox9" caption="Pano9" onClick="mainloadpano(virtualtour9.xml);"/>
<item name="combobox10" caption="Pano10" onClick="mainloadpano(virtualtour10.xml);"/>
<item name="combobox11" caption="Pano12" onClick="mainloadpano(virtualtour11.xml);"/>
</plugin>
<!--************** Pano list 3 ******************************************************************-->
<plugin name="combobox3" url="virtualtourdata/graphics/combobox3.swf" preload="true" keep="true" align="righttop" x="470" y="10">
<item name="combobox12" caption="Pano13" onClick="mainloadpano(virtualtour12.xml);"/>
<item name="combobox13" caption="Pano14" onClick="mainloadpano(virtualtour13.xml);"/>
<item name="combobox14" caption="Pano15" onClick="mainloadpano(virtualtour14.xml);"/>
<item name="combobox15" caption="Pano16" onClick="mainloadpano(virtualtour15.xml);"/>
<item name="combobox16" caption="Pano17" onClick="mainloadpano(virtualtour16.xml);"/>
</plugin>
Last edited by Destiny on Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Toni

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by Toni » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:19 am

Thanks a lot Georg, Klaus and Destiny. Issue solved :-) Gerald from the support team helped me with this code:

<item name="title" caption="name" onClick="mainloadpano(yourfile.xml);selectiditem(combobox#);"/>

Not perfect but it's ok for now. But next version of Panotour Pro is going to support groups !

Thank you !