How to do a mouse over effect?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
argiro.starida

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

How to do a mouse over effect?

by argiro.starida » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:06 am

Hi,
does anyone know how to do this effect: http://www.360concept.ro/panorame/masini/tur_vw/ (The lights of the car going on and off on mouse over.)
or http://krpano.com/tours/weingut/ (The black curtains open and close on mouse over.)
Thank you
Argiro

Destiny

Liked in: 214 posts
Info

by Destiny » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:29 am

emm.. This car VR has been on this forum before... krpano has some of these features, using xml. . I sure hope if you make an car VR you don't put a huge nadir patch on it.... Not a nice look... and the only way to do this would be bracketed shots..... but I guess you were referring to the concept of the interactive features... I have a feeling that the new ptp will have options for this... The second link is much better which has been done using flash.. it has a blend on a movie mouse over.... Its not too bad.... Nice effect...

Destiny...
Last edited by Destiny on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

no avatar
argiro.starida

Topic author
Info

by argiro.starida » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:01 pm

Destiny thank you for reply. It really is a nice effect. Do you know how to do it? Can you direct me to a tutorial or something?
Thanx

Destiny

Liked in: 214 posts
Info

by Destiny » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:16 pm

Hi... Well, if you are talking about the curtains moving open you just need to learn how to make a movie/button in Flash.. You can go online to make this in a basic form then apply it to your own.. Its a mouse over where the blend is in a timeline to make up the transition. I am almost certain they did it this way. You can then add this to a rectangle hotspot in ptp... you will need to make two panos, one with the curtains closed and the other open. You can then crop out the the open curtains in photoshop to save as a 24bit png. Then crop out the closed and save the same. You then import both graphics into Flash. The Up state is the closed curtains. The Over state is the movie where it will bend to open... If you capture the pano I will try to make up a demo for you.. You can do the same with a door.. If you capture about 10 pano's with the door opening, it will look better for a transition but thats a lot of work for a door opening.. Of if you have 3D software you can do it easy since a door is a door... You just create a sequence of 24bit png images as a movie and import them into Flash.. Use the first image a your Up state and the rest for you Over state movie..

Destiny...
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:22 pm

download the examples from here:
http://www.krpano.com/examples/interface/
you can preview the example "Interactive area in a pano"
Georg

no avatar
argiro.starida

Topic author
Info

by argiro.starida » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:01 pm

Destiny and Georg thank you both your replies!!! I'll try them.
Thanks again!

no avatar
argiro.starida

Topic author
Info

by argiro.starida » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:54 pm

gkaefer wrote:download the examples from here:
http://www.krpano.com/examples/interface/
you can preview the example "Interactive area in a pano"
Georg

Georg hi again,

How can I use the xml file with panotour pro, as I work with this program? Is it possible to combine the two and if yes could you please give me some advice as I am quite new to all these and I a little bit lost?

thanks again
argiro

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:09 pm

in thory you can write your own theme template which can contain xml statements found under http://www.krpano.com/docu/
and than use the templates to create a tour with panotour. But this is until now in ptp 1.8 version limited. but advantage is that rebuilding a tour allways contains your code too.

You of course can create a standard tour with ptp and then edit the xml code by adding xml statements fro krpano.com documentation. Backdraw here is that if you recreate the tour with ptp thant those changes are lost/overwritten.

third option: dont know when next panotour version 2.x can be expected (but photokina is near and this could be a good spot). here some new stuff can be expected, I tip on some kind of theme editor which does make it more easier to edit the themes without having xml/krpano syntax language knowhow

Georg

no avatar
argiro.starida

Topic author
Info

by argiro.starida » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:40 pm

gkaefer wrote:in thory you can write your own theme template which can contain xml statements found under http://www.krpano.com/docu/
and than use the templates to create a tour with panotour. But this is until now in ptp 1.8 version limited. but advantage is that rebuilding a tour allways contains your code too.

You of course can create a standard tour with ptp and then edit the xml code by adding xml statements fro krpano.com documentation. Backdraw here is that if you recreate the tour with ptp thant those changes are lost/overwritten.

third option: dont know when next panotour version 2.x can be expected (but photokina is near and this could be a good spot). here some new stuff can be expected, I tip on some kind of theme editor which does make it more easier to edit the themes without having xml/krpano syntax language knowhow

Georg

Thank you! I'll work on it.
Argiro

no avatar
macalenny

Info

Re: How to do a mouse over effect?

by macalenny » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:37 pm

I too am trying to duplicate this effect on an air craft in which I have the images of the doors both closed and open.

how is it done exactly?

I saw the "interactive hot spot" example on the kr pano site but not sure how to test or replicate.

if I could see all the files used to make the example I might be able to understand, is that possible?

any other tips?

thanks!

no avatar
macalenny

Info

by macalenny » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:38 pm

"interactive area" that is

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:50 pm

macalenny wrote:I too am trying to duplicate this effect on an air craft in which I have the images of the doors both closed and open.

how is it done exactly?

I saw the "interactive hot spot" example on the kr pano site but not sure how to test or replicate.

if I could see all the files used to make the example I might be able to understand, is that possible?

any other tips?

thanks!

I think the example files are in the krpano download?

If you have PTP 2.x you can export your krpano licenses and use it separately with krpano and krpano tools.

no avatar
macalenny

Info

by macalenny » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:04 pm

Mediavets, that's brilliant I did not even know those files were there in the kr pano download folders!

Here is where I am at now,

I have replicated this effect on my own server:
http://krpano.com/examples/hotspotextract/

and I have figured out how to get the hot spot extracted to match and line up etc. with the pano,

however the effect on this example is an animation of the hot spot fading in and then fading back out and so on repeating...

I want to display the hot spot on click.

how would I change the xml in order to do this?

the xml for this example (with the animation as is) is here--->

http://krpano.com/examples/hotspotextract/pool.xml

thanks!

no avatar
macalenny

Info

by macalenny » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:16 pm

well I figured it out, however the mobile view is very messed up.

if you can look on desktop and mobile,

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/115 ... 0copy.html

desktop seems fine,

mobile is warped and completely messed up and I do not know why.

any ideas?

Thanks