iphone/ipad tour - do you usually check the box?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
deedee7

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

iphone/ipad tour - do you usually check the box?

by deedee7 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:24 am

I'm thinking, why not make every tour iphone/ipad compatible in my workflow?
Assuming, all my tours are uncropped 360x180 are there any disadvantages of checking the iphone/ipad comatibility box, besides a bigger tour size?
What is your take on the matter? Do you usually check the box in your workflow?
Thank you.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:16 pm

deedee7 wrote:I'm thinking, why not make every tour iphone/ipad compatible in my workflow?
Assuming, all my tours are uncropped 360x180 are there any disadvantages of checking the iphone/ipad comatibility box, besides a bigger tour size?

Larger tour size is the only disavantage from a technical standpoint.

Whether a tour designed to work well on a Flash-enabled PC with a large relatively hi-res display works well on a handheld device with a much smaller, lower resolution, display controlled via a touch interface is another matter.

The krpano viewers incorporate the code which enables a different UI to be delivered to different platforms but Panotour Pro does not yet offer a means to specifiy this via its GUI.

So at present it might be more effective to develop a separate version of a tour to target the i-Device platforms.
Last edited by mediavets on Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
deedee7

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by deedee7 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:41 pm

The krpano viewers incorporate the code which enables a different UI to be delivered to different platforms but Panotour Pro does not yet offer a means to specifiy this via its GUI.

Looks like another point on future PTP wishlist :)
Thank you for your answer.