Does the size have effect on stuttering?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
as@aeo

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Does the size have effect on stuttering?

by as@aeo » Wed May 16, 2012 12:24 pm

Hello,

I definitely need help. I use autopano Giga with panotour 1.8. Actually I have no problems with my results of autopano. the pictures are sharp and have less mistakes. The size of the pictures I get out of autopano is between 2MP (~4800x2400) and 25MP (~18.000x9000). Now I try to make a 360°-Pano out of this with panotour but since several weeks of pushing and pulling adjustments, none of my ready tours run reliably smooth and fluently. As html, as swf, on my PC, on the notebook and in the internet, the scrolling and rotating in the 360°-pano is hooking and jerking appreciable.

In the beginning I thought the problem is the size of the picture rendered in autopano. But even with 2000px in width nothing changed - and the quality is ugly with this resolution. So I fixed the size of every single jpeg used in autopano before setting them together. No change. Than I used photoshop between autopano and panotour to optimize the pano-jpeg. My panos have the size of 500 to 900KB now!!! And still it does not run fluently. Right now, my ready panos can't zoom, are sadly bad in quality, are not edited in photoshop (all because of saving size) - and they don't run fluently...

I suppose the size does have effect on the panos behavior, but there are so many beautiful 360°-panos in the web, perfectly edited, perfectly sharp and bright, you can zoom in and it runs perfectly smooth. There must be a way to get this running smooth in spite of pushing the size through editing and a high resolution - please tell me how this works! I have no further idea..

To more: I changed the size of the cutting-size to 300 (after trying every step between 0 and max) - some panos do run better with that, but still not fluently..

hope on your feedback
Adrian

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Wed May 16, 2012 2:42 pm

Can you provide a URL to one of your tours so we can see the issue you are reporting?
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
hankkarl

Info

by hankkarl » Wed May 16, 2012 3:16 pm

What sort of PC are you using? processor speed, memory, graphics card? OS? If vista or win 7, tell us the windows experience index (control panel -> system and security -> system).

What sort of internet connection do you have? what is your line speed per http://www.broadbandreports.com/speedtest?java=1

Have you tried it on an android or iPhone?

no avatar
as@aeo

Topic author
Info

by as@aeo » Wed May 16, 2012 5:35 pm

Thanks for your response!

My PC works with a 3,2GHz Six-Core, 8GB DDR, 4TB HDD, and a Readeon 6970 with 2GB, my Internet-speed is 32.000 - should be enough:/, I don't think it has to do with that. It does not run fluently on other PCs too..

Here are some examples:

http://makami-images.de/panorama/
http://makami-images.de/panorama/1
http://makami-images.de/panorama/2

the last one is big - a try to compare the sizes..

I've got the feeling, that sometimes it runs fast and sometimes it jerks. On devices with lower power like notebooks, it runs much worse..

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Wed May 16, 2012 9:38 pm

All seem OK to me on Windows XP 32-bit 4GB RAM with latest Firefox and 1.5Mbps Internet connection.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
hankkarl

Info

by hankkarl » Thu May 17, 2012 2:26 am

I see a stutter. dual xeon 5504 16GB DDR3 (Dell T7500) 3.84 Mb dsl (at this time)

Stutter seems to happen in same place all the time in both ff and ie.

And now that I'm looking for it, my panos seem to stutter also, but more than yours do. see http://hankkarl.com/Mystic-Seaport-VT/virtualtour.html
Last edited by hankkarl on Thu May 17, 2012 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.