Trouble getting tour to load properly when viewed online  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Chinapig

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

Trouble getting tour to load properly when viewed online

by Chinapig » Mon May 14, 2012 12:46 pm

Hi folks

Have just joined the forum, and would appreciate your advice!

I'm using a registered copy of PTP 1.8.0 on a Mac, and trying to get our first project to run properly on our client's intranet server.

The tour is using a total of 16 scenes, with 6 of these being 360-degree panoramas, the rest are 180-degree views or flat graphics. Of the larger panoramas, 3 are approx 7mb each, and 3 are around 24mb.

The 6 main panoramas each contain links to a series of FLV video files - around 9 in each panorama. The FLV files range from around 50mb to 150mb.

We're very happy with the PTP software, and it's doing everything that this first project demands.

The tour runs fine when viewed locally, but having uploaded a copy to our client's intranet server, we're having serious issues with the load time, particularly the panoramas containing the FLVs (still loading after 15/20 minutes), although the flat-screen graphics load quickly enough, as do the mp3 audio files.

We ran some tests half-way through the project, uploading a cut-down version of the tour to our customer's server that used 6 scenes (including two of the big panoramas, each with two FLVs) - simply to test the process - and this loaded and ran pretty quickly.

Can anyone advise me what governs the load time? Is it trying to load all the FLVs in each scene before displaying the panorama at decent res?

The FLVs are triggered by clicking on hotspot links - we presume they simply stream once selected, and don't have to load in their entirety first.

BTW, in the Tour Build, we de-selected "Embed all data" and also "Embed XML files".

We'll run some more tests anyway, to try to isolate the main issue, but any advice, comments and questions welcomed!

Many thanks.

Cheers
Chinapig

no avatar
mrmark

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by mrmark » Mon May 14, 2012 5:05 pm

Hey :)

I have no experience with the flv output but with my panorama's (in flash) the pano's loaded way faster when I 'de-selected' embed all data.

no avatar
Chinapig

Topic author
Info

by Chinapig » Mon May 14, 2012 5:23 pm

mrmark wrote:Hey :)

I have no experience with the flv output but with my panorama's (in flash) the pano's loaded way faster when I 'de-selected' embed all data.

Hi mrmark

Yup, we had hoped that would be the answer, but we'll keep trying. Many thanks for your input - appreciated.

Cheers
C

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Mon May 14, 2012 9:22 pm

and which jpeg image quality level did you choose. 8-10 shoudl be fast and still with quality. level 10 to level 12 is like a hayabusa compared to a harley...
and absolute no embedding (in special with more scenes and with video hotspots or so...)

and dont forget to optimize the cutting size by using the option panorama properties->pictues->picutre->"reduce disortion"

Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Mon May 14, 2012 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Chinapig

Topic author
Info

by Chinapig » Tue May 15, 2012 11:44 am

Hey Georg - many thanks

We used jpg image quality 10 at first, and then tried 8.

And we're now trying the "reduce distortion" option, and will run some more tests. Thanks for the advice - hadn't experimented with that before.

Are we correct in thinking that the tours only load the linked videos when you click on a hotspot? And they don't try to load all the videos used in a scene before you can click and play any one of them? We've presumed that has to be the case, but I guess we could be wrong?

Thanks again for your.

All the best
China

no avatar
yves360

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by yves360 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:01 am

Morning,
I have the same trouble for loading because I have 5 small videos and 5 hotspots (with videos behind) on the first panorama.
All the videos are loading before the pano start and its take a lot of time. After the pano is loaded and I go to the next pano
and come back to the first one the pano beginn again to load all the videos, but only by Safari! firefox and chrome work fine when I go back.
The videos, where are possible to see after clicking on a hotspot, are loading too.
Is it not possible to load the videos behind a hotspot only by clicking on the hotspot?

Thanks,
yves
Last edited by yves360 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.