Cubefaces to sphere in PTP  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
klausesser

Topic author
Liked in: 64 posts
Info

Cubefaces to sphere in PTP

by klausesser » Wed May 09, 2012 5:12 pm

Hi!

Usually i use the KRPano-droplets to make an equirect. to cubefaces, retouch the Nadir and make the faces to equi again.

Now i did that using PTP. Making cubefaces, editing and re-importing them to get an interactive pano works great - but i then realized i need to edit the pano in terms of colors afterwards.

I was surprised not to being able to generate an equirectangular image with PTP. So i lost all the editing on Nadir because i had to use the KRPano-droplet to make faces anyway and edit the Nadir again for making an equirect. image which i use in PTP.

That´s kind of stupid i mean.

Is there a way to handle the cubefaces generated by PTP to KRPano for making them an equirect. image? I tried - but the droplet refused the faces. Guess it´s a different oder or naming?

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Wed May 09, 2012 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Wed May 09, 2012 6:29 pm

soory KLaus I think there will be now way...
I did request this "exoprt pano to equi" feature for ptp several times since 2010 without success....

Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Wed May 09, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Wed May 09, 2012 9:38 pm

gkaefer wrote:soory KLaus I think there will be now way...
I did request this "exoprt pano to equi" feature for ptp several times since 2010 without success....

Georg

Hi Georg!

Well -- then the "export cubeface" option doesn´t make much sense. I very often need the equirectangular image for additional
editing afterwards or maybe months later to make another version.
I need to keep an editable equirectangular image instead of cubefaces.

Guess the option shouldn´t be a problem at all - since KRPano offers it.

I will keep using the KRPano-droplets.

best, Klaus

no avatar
deedee7

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by deedee7 » Wed May 09, 2012 11:15 pm

Exactly, I second that.
It would be a very useful feature.
Please include it in the PTP!

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Thu May 10, 2012 12:08 am

Klause.. Now I have given mention to this fact on more than one occasion and you knocked it as to why would I want it.. So why are you only now suggesting that it is kind of stupid..

I have also made mention in future request #12 http://www.kolor.com/forum/t14041-destiny-future-requests-for-ptp-added-features

At that time you suggested using droplets to turn into a equirectangular, but cubic faces from ptp do not work, I already made mention to this fact.. So you cannot create a equirectangular image as you already knew. I also tried re-naming order of the cubic faces but that did not work either... I got that information from creating cubic faces from krpano's convert to cubic faces..

To me there are many uses, from final editing and use for print..

http://www.kolor.com/forum/p95924-2012-03-06-11-09-29#p95924 #8

Destiny..

klausesser wrote:Hi!

Usually i use the KRPano-droplets to make an equirect. to cubefaces, retouch the Nadir and make the faces to equi again.

Now i did that using PTP. Making cubefaces, editing and re-importing them to get an interactive pano works great - but i then realized i need to edit the pano in terms of colors afterwards.

I was surprised not to being able to generate an equirectangular image with PTP. So i lost all the editing on Nadir because i had to use the KRPano-droplet to make faces anyway and edit the Nadir again for making an equirect. image which i use in PTP.

That´s kind of stupid i mean.

Is there a way to handle the cubefaces generated by PTP to KRPano for making them an equirect. image? I tried - but the droplet refused the faces. Guess it´s a different oder or naming?

best, Klaus
Last edited by Destiny on Thu May 10, 2012 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by bdd » Thu May 10, 2012 8:06 am

This request will be a new feature of the next major release of Panotour Pro.

But Klaus, you should be able to use the krpano droplets with the cube faces created by Panotour Pro.
The naming convention used by krpano is not the one we use when we export cube faces, but we accept krpano convention when you import cube faces into Panotour Pro.

Gérald

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Thu May 10, 2012 11:33 am

bdd wrote:This request will be a new feature of the next major release of Panotour Pro.

But Klaus, you should be able to use the krpano droplets with the cube faces created by Panotour Pro.
The naming convention used by krpano is not the one we use when we export cube faces, but we accept krpano convention when you import cube faces into Panotour Pro.

Gérald

Hi Gérald!

Yes - i´m working around a way right now to cope with that while keeping the krpano convention.

Importing krpano-faces into PTP works fine anyway.

i just was irritated - thought it had been implementet meanwhile along with the ex-/importing feature of faces.

thanks and best, Klaus