A word of warning for potential Kolor software buyers.  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
deedee7

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

A word of warning for potential Kolor software buyers.

by deedee7 » Tue May 01, 2012 9:22 am

Hello.
This is to warn anybody who wants to buy Kolor software and pay by wire. I purchased PTP license on April 25th directly from Kolor and when inquired about the ETA of my key Mr. Guillaume Tilloux from Kolor Customer Service responded that it may take up to 12 days. Furthermore, he explained that the delay is not Kolor's fault but the bank's fault (CREDIT AGRICOLE DES SAVOIE ).
I understand that Kolor is not in control of wire transfers as I do understand that they can't validate any order without the payment receipt from their bank. However, 12 days is unheard of for any bank for such a ransaction! SEPA (within the EU) wire transfers are normally completed within 1 or 2 business days depending on the time of the transfer and my bank confirmed that the money had been received CREDIT AGRICOLE the next day after I had wired it. If CREDIT AGRICOLE follows some extremely unusuall practices a word of warning on your store page would be nice. Or just change the bank!
I suppose 12 days is not a big deal for most and it looks like I'm making a federal case out of it but I when I showed a completed tour (demo ver.) to a customer and he paid I made a commitment to put it online within a couple of days. I never expected that I might wait almost 2 weeks for my license!
Now, Kolor might make me look like an a.. in front of my customer.
I'm sorry I'm posting it here, but Mr. Guillaume Tilloux is not responding to my emails anymore.

vincen
Kolor Certified Trainer

Liked in: 4 posts
Info

by vincen » Tue May 01, 2012 9:41 am

deedee7 wrote:If CREDIT AGRICOLE follows some extremely unusuall practices a word of warning on your store page would be nice. Or just change the bank!

well french bank are in all matters really slow for just regular national operations (due to lack of realtime connections between banks in france !), but for international it's really bad with most of them and Credit Agricole is definitively in the worse ones :D
For your knowledge, I receive faster wire transfer of foreign EU customers than french ones, most of time (hopefully I use a bank that works with modern tools ;)
Last edited by vincen on Tue May 01, 2012 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blog: http://www.skivr.com
Nodal Ninja 4 R-D16 on Benro Tripod + Ultimate R1 on Nodal Ninja P2 + Nikon D800 + Nikkor 10.5 + Nikkor 14/24 f/2.8 +Pentax 645D

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Wed May 02, 2012 7:40 am

To deedee7,
It happens that wire transfer can take time. But I agree with you, 2 weeks is far too long. I'll see with the bank why for this case it tooks such long time.
Note 1 : We always answer to email. So yours will be answered too.
Note 2 : In France, unfortunately, May is crippled with free days which slow down the answering of course.

no avatar
deedee7

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by deedee7 » Wed May 02, 2012 2:52 pm

Got my key today. Thank you for your response.