Absolute Beginner question - taking over an existing project?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
creiter

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Absolute Beginner question - taking over an existing project?

by creiter » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:50 pm

Hello,

My situation is the following:

We are creating a tour for a school website. One of the pupils has created a tour with the demo version; since we were satisfied with this we bought the software to finish and publish it. The pupil himself could not buy the software.

So now I am trying to transfer his project to my computer.

I've got the project file (kpt) and all the files he used for the tour, and have placed them at the same path.

However when I open the project in Panotour Pro I see absolutely nothing.

I've had a look at the KPT file in a text editor, as it has an XML structure, and the paths to files mentioned are correct.

So, what is necessary to move a project to another computer to take it over?

best regards,

Christian

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:41 pm

Welcome to the forum...

Are you both using the same versions of Panotour Pro?
Last edited by mediavets on Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
creiter

Topic author
Info

by creiter » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:15 pm

Hi,

The project file starts with the tag

<Panotour version="1.8.0.400">

The version I have installed is Panotour Pro V1.8.0 (64bits)

(as shown in the About screen)

So the major version is 1.8 for both.

Is it a problem opening projects created with the Panoutour demo with Panotour Pro?

thanks for your help,

Christian

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:50 pm

creiter wrote:Hi,

The project file starts with the tag

<Panotour version="1.8.0.400">

The version I have installed is Panotour Pro V1.8.0 (64bits)

(as shown in the About screen)

So the major version is 1.8 for both.

Is it a problem opening projects created with the Panoutour demo with Panotour Pro?

thanks for your help,

Christian

I made a quick test and I was able to create a simple tour with the Panotour 1.8 demo version on one system and then move the project and resources to a different system running a registered version of Panotour Pro 1.8 and the project loaded properly.

Both of the test systems were running Windows XP 32-bit OS; and hence 32-bit versions of Panotour and Panotour Pro.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

a a gruntpuddock

Info

by a a gruntpuddock » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:05 am

I suggest you hand the problem over to your pupil, he might spot something you are missing.

Kids all seem to know much more about computers nowadays anyway!

Did he use the 'extended save'? http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/view/Panotour_-_Interface_-_Toolbar
Last edited by a a gruntpuddock on Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.

bdd
Kolor Team

Info

by bdd » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:33 am

When you load the project file in Panotour Pro, you say that the central panoramas view is empty, but are all the others parameters correctly set (logo, map, aspect, control bar, etc...) ?

If yes, then you may have a problem that happens sometimes when upgrading Panotour Pro.
Panorama positions in the central view are sometimes badly resetted when upgrading.
Are you sure that your pupil used the 1.8 version to create his project ?
Did you re-saved this project once you opened it in PTP 1.8, that would explain why your project file begins with 1.8 ?

Gérald

no avatar
creiter

Topic author
Info

by creiter » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:45 pm

HI,

I guess letting the pupil try it will be the best idea. I didn't resave the project after loading it, and it was created with the same version 1.8, but I still can't see anything.

thanks,

Christian

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:11 pm

creiter wrote:HI,

I guess letting the pupil try it will be the best idea. I didn't resave the project after loading it, and it was created with the same version 1.8, but I still can't see anything.

thanks,

Christian

I think Gérald was suggesting that pano images may be loaded but not visisble in the central viewing panel.

Try right-clicking in the central viewing panel and choosing to reorganise...

Last edited by mediavets on Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens