Day / Night Transition??  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
alosurdo

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Day / Night Transition??

by alosurdo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:54 am

Hi, i am looking at doing a panoroama from the space spot during the day and one at night. I am wanting to do build the tour as usual, however have a Swithc to Day or Night button in the tools for instance and show the panoroam at either day or night. When you press this button the panorama will load either the day or night at the same place.

as an example http://virtualtourphotographysydney.com.au/bondi/

if you visit this link you can see exactly what i mean.

Also i really like how this person does there virtual tour. Is this sort of functionality available in Panotour Pro???

Thanks

Andrew

no avatar
Nelike Imagery

Info

by Nelike Imagery » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:59 am

Hi Andrew!

Can't really see your example. Left it to load for 5min and it still wasn't done but i can help you out with the night / day panorama switch.

First you shoot day and night panoramas. Export them out from panotour pro. Then you need to create the button to switch the view. Let's say moon to switch to night and sun to switch to day. Then implement it to the tour with xml-coding. Like this:

<plugin name="nightbutton" align="bottomleft" edge="bottomleft" alpha="1" handcursor="true" keep="true" onclick="action(night);" onhover="showtext(Watch nightview!);" url="moon.png" visible="true" width="" height="" y="10" x="10"/>

<plugin name="daybutton" align="bottomleft" edge="bottomleft" alpha="1" handcursor="true" keep="true" onclick="action(day);" onhover="showtext(Watch dayview!);" url="sun.png" visible="false" width="" height="" y="10" x="10"/>

These are the buttons for day and night. Now to create the actions which will be called onclick. They will load the proper panorama, set the button visible="false" and other button visible="true".

<action name="night">
loadpano(nightpanorama.xml,NULL,NULL,BLEND(1));
set(plugin[nightbutton].visible,false);
set(plugin[daybutton].visible,true);
</action>

<action name="day">
loadpano(daypanorama.xml,NULL,NULL,BLEND(1));
set(plugin[daybutton].visible,false);
set(plugin[nightbutton].visible,true);
</action>

Alright. Now you have the buttons for night and day and when you click "nightbutton" it will load the night panorama, set the nightbutton to be invisible and bring the daybutton visible. Then by clicking the daybutton it will load the daypanorama, set daybutton invisible and nightbutton visible. This way you can switch between the panoramas. Kinda simple but hope this helps you out :)

Check more information of panoramae xml coding here: http://krpano.com/docu/
Regards,

Jesse Passoja
Nelike Imagery
www.inelike.fi
Latest panoramas: http://inelike.fi/aiheeton/latest-panoramas/
Last edited by Nelike Imagery on Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
alosurdo

Topic author
Info

by alosurdo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:06 am

Thanks Jesse, i really appreciate you answering my questions.
I am new to the the XML coding side of things, is there any documentation that you know of which i can read so i can enter the code you have posted.

Thanks again

Andrew

no avatar
Nelike Imagery

Info

by Nelike Imagery » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:14 am

Hi Andrew!

i edited my previous post and put a link there. The structure of the xml files usually go like this:

panorama.xml <-- This is the main xml file which is loaded first. Here you can put code what you want to stay, like graphics and that day / night button. Then comes the panorama files like:

panorama0.xml
panorama1.xml
panorama2.xml

These are the panoramas you have. For each panorama, there is one xml file. In these you can add stuff what you want to show only in that particular panorama but just remember to put keep="false". If it's keep="true", it will keep the plugin /hotspot even when you leave the panorama. Just some basic idea for you to start with :) And here are the documentations and forum where you can ask for help. Im there too so i can help you out more if needed.

http://krpano.com/docu/
http://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?l=2

Regards,

Jesse Passoja
Nelike Imagery
www.inelike.fi
Latest panoramas: http://inelike.fi/aiheeton/latest-panoramas/

no avatar
alosurdo

Topic author
Info

by alosurdo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:17 am

Thanks Jesse, i cant tell you enough how greatful i am. Thanks a lot, im sure you will be hearing more from me :)

no avatar
alosurdo

Topic author
Info

by alosurdo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:21 am

One last thing, to get me started (i know how annoying newbies like me can be :) ) I usually export with xml embded. I have unchecked embed all data and embed xml. I then build tour and once its built the embed xml has been checked again. I have checked the export folder and there is no xml file. Any ideas???

Sorry to be a pain :)

Thanks

Andrew

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:34 am

Jesse, does your code automatically take into account the actual fov position?
So lets asume to move on the daypano with mouse some "centimeters" from default starting point to the left.
pressing than on the night button loads the night pano, in above example it also keeps the position from the leaving day panorama...

Georg

no avatar
Nelike Imagery

Info

by Nelike Imagery » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:53 am

@Andrew: Do you have the licence that let's you export the xml files? If yes, the it should work. If no, you need the licence for krpano to uncheck it if i remember right.

@Georg: Easiest way to get this is to shoot the panoramas identically. Shoot exactly the same and then set
<action name="night">
loadpano(nightpanorama.xml,NULL,KEEPVIEW,BLEND(1));

When put KEEPVIEW it will keep the way you are facing and if the panoramas are shot the same, their fovs are almost same and should be facing same as in the one you left from. Simply way to create it :) There are of course code ways to do it but that i cannot do. It's mostly done with java.

Regards,

Jesse

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:19 pm

@Jesse: yes indeed simple solution for this great effect. Why using java or whatever or even the krpano layer method if its done the easy way.
Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
R3lic

Info

by R3lic » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:41 pm

Hi,

I have made a day&night tour according this guide and it works fine on my copmuter but on my iOS devices like iPhone and iPad if I push the night button the navigation buttons and the sun button gone.

What could be wrong?

Thanks!

BR

no avatar
LT Mor

Info

by LT Mor » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:02 am

i would like to see the result :)

no avatar
R3lic

Info

by R3lic » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:13 am

Flash version is working fine.

On iOS I solved the day / night button problem but the navigation buttons still gone.

http://www.3dpano.hu/Balatonboglar_kilato/index.html

BR