Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:27 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:07 pm 

Hello, I'm a total newbie here and I'm after some help please. I purchased V1.8 at the beginning of June and I'm really impressed with what I'm achieving. So much so, that I've shelled out for the upgrade to V2.0 today. And that is where my problem lies...the download link from the receipt takes me to the standard download page, where there doesn't appear to be a V2.0 download. Am I missing something? Or just being thick? Can someone please guide me to where I can download V2.0? Thanks in advance, Kevin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:32 pm 

if you bought ptp 2.0 you should find a license for ptp 2.0 in your account ( http://www.kolor.com/magento-support/ )
ptp 2.0 is currently not finished yet.
an internal testing is ongoing currently.
My Information is that Access is not public and only on request available.
Kolor Team will than create an acccount for you (for another Forum) currently available for all testers.
Within this Forum you can find links to download current ptp 2.0 Version.

and it takes some days until your account is created and you get informed Access is working...

Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:58 pm 

Great, thanks for your help. I wish it explained all of this with the upgrade information. Thanks again. Kevin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:02 pm 

PS - I've most definitely got the licence for V2.0! All I want now is to be able to download and use it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:07 pm 

kdharper wrote:
PS - I've most definitely got the licence for V2.0! All I want now is to be able to download and use it

sent you a PM...
Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:35 pm 

Thanks Georg, I followed the instructions you gave me but unfortunately I've not had a response yet. Thanks again for your help. Kevin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:49 am 

Hi.. Did you not receive a confirmation email of your purchase... I would have thought that the download link would be in that...

I must admit.. This is attached screen shot is confusing.. There is no other option to download V2, for obvious reasons I guess..

Adding a * normally means to read something with a * referring to more info... But there is nothing..

So, you logged onto 'My Account' at the top of this forum page and your purchase is in there I am assuming.. with your licence key..
Make sure you keep that information to yourself... ;)

I would have thought that a download link should be in there but its not... I just checked.. I think there really should be one..

Anyway... George has taken action to notify Kolor... You just need to wait I guess, probably until Monday now..

Destiny..

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:34 am 

Hello Destiny,

Yes, I did receive confirmation. No, there wasn't a link to V2. The whole thing is very frustrating. I only purchased V1.8 on June 3rd this year. 6 weeks later I was offered a significant upgrade but at a cost of 50% of the purchase price! I checked this with sales as I would have expected a free upgrade with such a short time scale after purchase. But no, I would have to pay. So, I went and paid. I've now got a licence for V2 but no upgrade. I checked with sales. They said V2 hasn't been released yet. So, I've been offered and paid for an upgrade that isn't available yet...and nowhere, until I checked with sales, was I told that it wasn't available. Why would they sell me something that isn't ready? I think it's pretty poor performance all round!

I'm just very pleased that Georg has stepped in and tried to help

Kevin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:33 pm 

kdharper wrote:
Hello Destiny,

Yes, I did receive confirmation. No, there wasn't a link to V2. The whole thing is very frustrating. I only purchased V1.8 on June 3rd this year. 6 weeks later I was offered a significant upgrade but at a cost of 50% of the purchase price! I checked this with sales as I would have expected a free upgrade with such a short time scale after purchase. But no, I would have to pay. So, I went and paid.

It is not a free upgrade, even for recent license purchasers, because PTP 2.x is considerably more expensive (but also considerably more capable) than PTP 1.8.

Quote:
I've now got a licence for V2 but no upgrade. I checked with sales. They said V2 hasn't been released yet. So, I've been offered and paid for an upgrade that isn't available yet...and nowhere, until I checked with sales, was I told that it wasn't available. Why would they sell me something that isn't ready? I think it's pretty poor performance all round!

I'm just very pleased that Georg has stepped in and tried to help

Kevin

It sounds as if there has been a 'cock up' somewhere.

Which version do you need? OS? 32bit or 64bit?

It's true that PTP 2.x is not yet complete and has bugs, but Kolor has decided to make upgrade licenses available to those PTP 1.x users who wish to use PTP 2.x in its current Alpha state for production work.

And anyone purchasing a PTP license for the first time after July 1 pays the PTP 2.x license fee and gets licenses for both 1.8 and 2.x.

So if people avail themselves of those offers it seems to me that it's only reasonable that they should get access to the Alpha version download.

Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.

Last edited by mediavets on Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:21 pm 

Hello Mediavets,

Thanks for your reply. I can agree with the fact that version 2 may well be a significant upgrade - the reason why I agreed to pay for it. I don't agree with the fact that having paid for it after being offered it by Kolor, I can't even download it, let alone use it. I think you are right and there has been a bit of a cock up somewhere, although I find it odd that the sales people say it is not available yet. Ideally I need a 64 bit version to run on my laptop which is far more powerful than my desktop, although 32 bit would do.

It's a huge shame really as I'm very impressed with the results I'm getting with v1.8 and I'm sure I'll get a lot more with v2.0 when I finally get hold of it, but it doesn't say a huge amount for customer relations.

Thanks for your help and let's see if tomorrow brings any more light to the matter.

Kevin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:11 pm 

It appears the problem has now been resolved - I have download links! Many thanks to everybody that has helped. Kevin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:57 pm 

It seems I have the same problem, I paid for v2 upgrade now, but I can find no way to download it.
Can someone responsible please send me a download link (windows, 64bit) ?

Jens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:01 am 

Jens wrote:
It seems I have the same problem, I paid for v2 upgrade now, but I can find no way to download it.
Can someone responsible please send me a download link (windows, 64bit) ?

Jens

Agreed, it is a very unpleasant surprise to pay for something and being unable to use it. Kolor should either hide this option or make the procedure more clear.
Now it seems like they want the money but cannot deliver (yet).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:13 pm 

Well, unpleasant is maybe a strong word, but at least I find the situation a little bit confusing. I bought the upgrade now since I figured I would probably buy it anyway once it was released, so I thought I might just as well take the oportunity to try out the early version. If there is something specific I must do to get this test version I hope someone from Kolor comes back to me with instructions.
Jens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:55 pm 

Issue is now resolved I have what I need. But maybe the purchasing link for ptp 2.0 should contain some more clear information on the status or otherwise be removed until the public beta is available?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:17 pm 

one working way:

visit http://www.kolor.com/viproom/ and Register. The verification process is done manually and takes some business-days.
additional send an email to support@kolor.com with some lines containing the info (you bought 2.0 upgrade; your username choosen for viproom; your username for you normal Forum + you did start the Register Progress at the viproom.)

if access to viproom is enabled you can see download links, Forums and very Alpha Version of pdf documentation)

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:10 pm 

The PTP 2.0 issue is handled extremely clumsily by Kolor :-(

Everyone want it and has been held waiting for almost a year. At last at Island it is announced.
I expected a beta in the download page july/august, but for now there is none. Is it still in alpha ?

Then it surfaced that Kolor is selling PTP 2.0 now ! People not aware of the fact that PTP 2.0 does not exist is shelling out money. When they discover this they are complaining here in the forum.
Then I read posts that implies they have got som kind of PTP 2.0 alpha (?) and/or special treatment behind the scenes. And now it is revealed that there is a VIP-room and probably some kind of VIP treatment for selected customers.

As a early adopter of APG I am astonished !
I have never experienced something like this (I have used PC and bought software for more than 30 years).
This is rock bottom !

As a Kolor customer since 2008 I did not expect to be put at the end of the line, watching new arrivers to get VIP treatment.
I'm pissed.

regards
leifs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:35 am 

leifs wrote:
As a Kolor customer since 2008 I did not expect to be put at the end of the line, watching new arrivers to get VIP treatment.
I'm pissed.

I must agree. I registered for the "vip-room" (good gracious . . . ) 5 days ago - and was told "an administrator" will check and i´m to receive
confirmation then . . . nothing happened yet.

Honestly: i´m not too full of expectations . . . .

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:54 am 

klausesser wrote:
leifs wrote:
I'm pissed.

I must agree. I registered for the "vip-room" (good gracious . . . ) 5 days ago - and was told "an administrator" will check and i´m to receive
confirmation then . . . nothing happened yet.

Honestly: i´m not too full of expectations . . . .

best, Klaus

I do not speak English, use a translator, just connects to Klaus. It's also my case:
I paid PTP2, I registered for the "vip-room". 2 days ago - and was told "an administrator" will check and i´m to receive...:(

Noro

http://www.myjava2.3-d.sk/ :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:41 am 

leifs wrote:
The PTP 2.0 issue is handled extremely clumsily by Kolor :-(

I agree, it does seem rather clumsy. I should point out that that is a personal opinion, as is what I write subsequently which merely reflcets my current understanding of the situation, and a little 'history'.

Quote:
Everyone want it and has been held waiting for almost a year. At last at Island it is announced.
I expected a beta in the download page july/august, but for now there is none. Is it still in alpha ?

Yes, it still in Alpha - at this time Alpha 11.

It is still incomplete and has bugs. OTOH is has some desirable new features that do work now, especially wider support for mobile platforms.

Quote:
Then it surfaced that Kolor is selling PTP 2.0 now ! People not aware of the fact that PTP 2.0 does not exist is shelling out money. When they discover this they are complaining here in the forum.
Then I read posts that implies they have got som kind of PTP 2.0 alpha (?) and/or special treatment behind the scenes. And now it is revealed that there is a VIP-room and probably some kind of VIP treatment for selected customers.

In late March Kolor invited a (very) small group of users to participate in a (very) private early alpha test - the VIP room is that name of the forum setup to facilitate that process, I think the name reflects Alexandre's sense of humour (you may recall that until recently he described himself as an Absolute beginner in his Kolor Forum ID). There's nothing very special or VIP about those who participate, other than that some are willing to invest some time and energy in testing, providing feedback, reporting bugs and proposing new features. The early Alphas would have tried the patience of a saint - you would not have enjoyed them.

After PTP 2.x was revealed at the Conference in Iceland Kolor decide that PTP 2.x was sufficiently advanced to extend the membership of the Alpha test group and, after Alexandre's somewhat 'veiled' hint/suggestion on the main forum, many applied to join. Theer are now over 250 members of the VIProom forum, so it's not exactly aneexclusive 'club' (was it Groucho Marx who quipped that he'd never wish to join a club that would accept him as a member?).

More recently Kolor acknowledged persistent demands from some of these Alpha testers to be able to use the Alpha versions (warts-n-all) for production work, and decided to offer licenses for PTP 2.x applicable to the then current Alpha and all subsequent releases.

Since July 1 PTP 1.x users have been able to purchase an upgrade to PTP 2.x, which enables current PTP 1.8 users also to use PTP 2.x Alpha (current and later) releases for producton work.

Since July 1 purchasers of a new license for PTP 1.8 pay for and receive a license for PTP 1.x and a license for PTP 2.x.

Kolor sales correctly tell users that PTP 2.x is not yet released - by which they mean there is not yet a final fully supported release. Howver license holders may use the current and subsequent releases, even for production work if they wish, accepting that the software is still incomplete and has bugs.

AFAIK the only way to obtain the latest PTP 2.x alpha release at the moment is to become a registered member of the VIProom forum, this provides access to download links and serves as the only support medium at present.

The VIProom forum is not predominantly a support medium, the software is in Alpha status (incomplete and with bugs) and undergoing rapid development and is therefore not suppoted in the way a final release would be. The VIProom forum is, as stated previously, a means for users to provide feedback, report bugs and propose new features. Support is principally peer-support to allow the development team to continue with their work.

However at present there doesn't appear to be a very smooth 'mechanism' for communicating and actuating this.

Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.

Last edited by mediavets on Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:46 pm 

mediavets wrote:
However at present there doesn't appear to be a very smooth 'mechanism' for communicating and actuating this.

I guess that´s what we can call "understatement" . . . :cool::cool:

best, Klaus

Last edited by klausesser on Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:36 pm 

On the positive side: My membership in the VIP room was handled within minutes ( just lucky I guess ;) ) and the alpha version is looking very promising (based on just a few days testing and for my simple basic needs)

Jens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:36 am 

gkaefer wrote:
visit http://www.kolor.com/viproom/ and Register. The verification process is done manually and takes some business-days.
additional send an email to support@kolor.com with some lines containing the info (you bought 2.0 upgrade; your username choosen for viproom; your username for you normal Forum + you did start the Register Progress at the viproom.)

There are two important things in Georg post.
gkaefer wrote:
The verification process is done manually

gkaefer wrote:
additional send an email to support@kolor.com with some lines containing the info

As PTP2.0 is a version under development, we want to validate each user of this version.
That's why the validation is done manually.
As it is done manually we have to "recognize" you.
So the best process is not to register first and then to send us a mail containing the alias you used, but to send us the mail first, and then use an understandable alias that will allow us to recognize you.
Avoid alias like supershark, cutekitty or pano360.

Thanks a lot.

Gérald

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:52 pm 

much love to the team but i am going to need a refund for now i bought the upgrade expecting 2.0 and live pano for a job this weekend. i cannot eat 540$ of my clients $. why would you put live pano on my account if it wasnt ready. please email me to make arrangements for a refund. i will def buy the software but only when it is ready. email kahlilcalavas (at) gmail

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:16 pm 

ipnotica wrote:
much love to the team but i am going to need a refund for now i bought the upgrade expecting 2.0 and live pano for a job this weekend. i cannot eat 540$ of my clients $. why would you put live pano on my account if it wasnt ready. please email me to make arrangements for a refund. i will def buy the software but only when it is ready. email kahlilcalavas (at) gmail

Licenses for Livepano and PTP 2.x, for which Livepano is an add-on, are available for production work, and people are using them.

PTP 2.x is in development, currently Alpha 15 - incomplete and with some bugs - but people are choosing to use use it for production work 'as-is'.

Kolor decided to make licences available after many users trialling the software wanted to use it for production work in its current state of development.

But if you want to contact Kolor about a refund then you should use the contact form to be found here:

http://www.kolor.com/contact.html

Last edited by mediavets on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.