hotspot alignment problems  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:24 pm

what is your zooming level when you set the 4 points of the hotspot?
does it help if you first set the 4 points zoomed out to maximum very inprecise and than in next step zooming 25% or so in - than correcting the points covering the final position more precise followed by zooming in again some % etc.
also you can change the angle viewing on the spot you want to edit, does this give a 4th point closer to the desired position?
regards,
Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
jl-kol

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by jl-kol » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi georg
I have tried most of the things you suggest but will try 'imprecise to 25%' but it seems an illogical way to work on this problem...
regards
JL

gkaefer

Info

by gkaefer » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:59 pm

jl-kol wrote:Hi georg
I have tried most of the things you suggest but will try 'imprecise to 25%' but it seems an illogical way to work on this problem...
regards
JL

yep. and I tested my suggestion - without success. And more in my example it was almost impossible to create rectangles. this must be a bug. If I see a rectange object in my pano there should no snapin behaviour exist - this makes it useless. for me no problem I change to polygon, but I did not have to use the flyouts until now...

in screenshot: why is it inpossible to position/snapin the bottom left point on the logical final position of the rectangle?

regards,
Georg

no avatar
jl-kol

Topic author
Info

by jl-kol » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:04 pm

Thanks georg
I tried ultra-zooming but the problem persists. Your test shows that it is not 'just me' & points to a bug!
If one cannot snap to Mozart that really is a problem.

bw

JL

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by bdd » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:56 pm

Hello,

JL and Georg, is it possible for you to send me the panoramas on which you are not able to set the rectangular hotspots correctly ?

We will add your panoramas in our test cases for our algithm if we reproduce your problem.
And of course we'll try to enhance this algorithm.

You can send them to contact[ a t ]kolor.com.

Gérald

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:04 pm

mediavets wrote:
Just for information, we do not distord the rectangular hotspot in the tour, we just rotate it. So we have to compute the rotation from the 4 points you give us. The more precise you are, the more precise the rotation will be.

Gérald

I don't really underestand what it is you are saying here - "we do not distord the rectangular hotspot in the tour, we just rotate it. So we have to compute the rotation from the 4 points you give us" - what are the implications of this?

Agree - i also don´t understand the meaning of this. When i implemented the videoclip into the screen here it was very well distorted as it had to be to fit the screen perspectively: http://www.360impressions.de/ZuerichBar.html

So: isn´t that granted any more? Or what´s the meaning?

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

bdd
Kolor Team

Info

by bdd » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:42 pm

Klaus, Andrew,

My following sentence was just to inform "how" the "distortion" is done.

Just for information, we do not distord the rectangular hotspot in the tour, we just rotate it. So we have to compute the rotation from the 4 points you give us. The more precise you are, the more precise the rotation will be.

Panotour does not try to compute 4 corners that will be described into krpano configuration file, ie we do not try to set the top left corner of the displayed object ("video, image, flash, etc...3) at the top left corner set in PanotourPro, the top right corner at the top right, etc...

Panotour takes the 4 corners set with the rectangular hotspot tool, and computes a rotation (on 3 axis) to apply to the displayed object to let him match those corners in the generated tour.

This is possible only if the 4 corners are placed correctly in PTP. There is a "tolerance" distance, but we reduced it in the 1.7.0 due to some reported bugs. PTP users thought they placed correctly their 4 corners, but they got an awfull "distorded" spot in their tour.
If you never saw this bug yet, it is either, because like Georg you did not use this feature, or because you placed "correctly" your 4 corners in PTP.

I confirmed too that the 4 corners will be placed better if you zoom a lot in the hotspot editor.

Gérald

no avatar
jl-kol

Topic author
Info

by jl-kol » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:48 pm

Hello Gerald
I'm glad that you are looking in to this problem. Compared with 'straight' krp your method of hotspotting for flyouts is very elegant - which is why I bought it!
I am sending you one pano (of 3) via a large file transfer service, and you can see an uploaded partly functioning flyout version on:
http://john-law.net/projects/hotspots/
This has several successful flyouts and some problematic ones + the effect of making hotspots in the wrong order where the flyout image reverses or inverts.
I have tried my problem example zoomed in on a 30" screen with all the background painted out - but no luck.
If you want a tester for any developments...
Thanks for your help in advance!
JL

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:42 pm

bdd wrote:My following sentence was just to inform "how" the "distortion" is done....

Panotour does not try to compute 4 corners that will be described into krpano configuration file, ie we do not try to set the top left corner of the displayed object ("video, image, flash, etc...3) at the top left corner set in PanotourPro, the top right corner at the top right, etc...

Is there some advantage in not doing it this way - which would seem the most obvious way of doing it - but instead by applying a 3-axis rotation?
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

gkaefer

Info

by gkaefer » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:24 pm

jl-kol wrote:Hello Gerald
I'm glad that you are looking in to this problem. Compared with 'straight' krp your method of hotspotting for flyouts is very elegant - which is why I bought it!
I am sending you one pano (of 3) via a large file transfer service, and you can see an uploaded partly functioning flyout version on:
http://john-law.net/projects/hotspots/
This has several successful flyouts and some problematic ones + the effect of making hotspots in the wrong order where the flyout image reverses or inverts.
I have tried my problem example zoomed in on a 30" screen with all the background painted out - but no luck.
If you want a tester for any developments...
Thanks for your help in advance!
JL

Hi Gerald,

and here is mine:

the tour contains 5 panos, I included in the zip file the cube stripes of the one I used for my test is in the zip file and also the krp file of the complete tour.
http://www.gigapixel.at/test/pano-mozartplatz-02-1.zip (45mb)
and the tour (without the test hotspot) is online in same directory:
http://www.gigapixel.at/test/build.html
(klick in pano to pause autotour, then klick on "=" button above the minimized mainmenu to stop autotour and enable normal pulldownmenu, select the entry from pulldownmenu "Mozartplatz - White noise installation - pano 2" - the one of two closer to the Mozart-Statue...

PS: This behaviour is not limited to the one pano, I find more than one place in the other panos of this tour too. I've the feeling its a combination of object size and angle of viewing that influences the rectangualr hotspot tool to not be able to place the hotspot on correct corners....

Liebe GrüàŸe,
Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bdd
Kolor Team

Info

by bdd » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:08 pm

Thanks Georg, I got your panorama.
I tried to set a rectangular hotspot at the same place you tested on the statue, and got same result as yours.
I'll add your panorama in our check list and we'll try to improve the algorithm.

I just have a small question, was the statue on a stich border? The bottom left corner, the place you tried to set your fourth corner, seems to have a stich error.
Our algorithm seems to work better on a part of the panorama that was not stich and blend, and I think it is quite logical.

Gérald

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:25 pm

gkaefer wrote:http://www.gigapixel.at/test/build.html
(klick in pano to pause autotour, then klick on "=" button above the minimized mainmenu to stop autotour and enable normal pulldownmenu, select the entry from pulldownmenu "Mozartplatz - White noise installation - pano 2" - the one of two closer to the Mozart-Statue...

Hey Georg!

Takes endless long to load (32k cable) - couldn´t explore it. But maybe there is an issue at the provider . . extreme traffic or so :cool:

best, Klaus

gkaefer

Info

by gkaefer » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:27 pm

klausesser wrote:
gkaefer wrote:http://www.gigapixel.at/test/build.html

Hey Georg!

Takes endless long to load (32k cable) - couldn´t explore it. But maybe there is an issue at the provider . . extreme traffic or so :cool:

best, Klaus

maybe the case - the ISP does have a 34mbit uplink from salzburg to munic (interoute) and a 30mbit to vienna (via Deutsche Telekom)
I ve only 5-6mbit downlink at home and did not got such a delay... just retested after reading your mail)...
... mybe try it later again.... can you do a traceroute to www.gigapixel.at from your mac? wich traceroute (on win7 "dos" commmandline its the tracert command) you can see where the bottleneck is on the way...(0ms is best, 2000ms responsetime is worst and means that the hop before has the problem..., and asterix in result say that the traceroute package does not got through - which is normal on firewalls etc...)

lg
Georg

showing, that I accessing my site from salzburg go to vienna, than to munich and than to salzburg to my website....

Code: Select all
C:\Users\gkaefer>tracert www.gigapixel.at

Routenverfolgung zu gigapixel.at [81.31.132.93] über maximal 30 Abschnitte:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.xxx.x.xxx
  2    55 ms     3 ms     3 ms  a1modem.home [xx.x.x.xxx]
  3    38 ms    17 ms    27 ms  178-190-xxx-xxx.adsl.highway.telekom.at [178.190.xxx.xxx]
  4    17 ms    15 ms    22 ms  SAX-NO03.highway.telekom.at [195.3.93.1]
  5    16 ms    16 ms    21 ms  195.3.118.233
  6    19 ms    19 ms    18 ms  195.3.70.194
  7    97 ms    19 ms    60 ms  vix1.interoute.net [193.203.0.106]
  8    36 ms    34 ms    31 ms  Gi3-0.muc-rob-access-3.interoute.net [84.233.146.193]
  9    54 ms    29 ms    29 ms  PO1-0.muc-rob-access-1.interoute.net [84.233.146.205]
 10    34 ms    33 ms    32 ms  89.202.132.66
 11    32 ms    35 ms    39 ms  fe0-0-rtr02.sbg.at.backbone.co.at [81.31.129.2]
 12     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
 13     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
Last edited by gkaefer on Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gkaefer

Info

by gkaefer » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:54 pm

bdd wrote:Thanks Georg, I got your panorama.
I tried to set a rectangular hotspot at the same place you tested on the statue, and got same result as yours.
I'll add your panorama in our check list and we'll try to improve the algorithm.

I just have a small question, was the statue on a stich border? The bottom left corner, the place you tried to set your fourth corner, seems to have a stich error.
Our algorithm seems to work better on a part of the panorama that was not stich and blend, and I think it is quite logical.

Gérald

dont have the autopano project file anymore to review the borders... but most probably you're right... several stitching errors can be seen on the bootom part of the statue...
Liebe GrüàŸe,
Georg

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:01 pm

gkaefer wrote:can you do a traceroute to www.gigapixel.at from your mac?

Hi Georg!

There´s a tool on my Mac - never used it bit i will try.

best, Klaus

I get this when i open your link:

Code: Select all
„Traceroute“ wurde gestartet …

traceroute to gigapixel.at (81.31.132.93), 64 hops max, 52 byte packets
 1  192 (192.xxx.xx)  17.442 ms  7.817 ms  1.276 ms
 2  10. (10.xxxxxxxx)  5.211 ms  9.775 ms  9.715 ms
 3  1411b-mx960-02-ae10-2010.mettmann.unity-media.net (81.)  6.990 ms  12.260 ms  14.603 ms
 4  13noc-mx960-01-ae3.kerpen.unity-media.net (80.)  8.152 ms  8.879 ms  10.210 ms
 5  7111a-mx960-01-ae8.frankfurt.unity-media.net (80)  10.337 ms  13.800 ms  17.793 ms
 6  de-fra01a-ri2-ae-1.aorta.net (84.116.131.133)  11.574 ms  12.741 ms  29.274 ms
 7  62.157.249.5 (62.157.249.5)  20.005 ms  10.249 ms  13.393 ms
 8  vie-e7-i.vie.at.net.dtag.de (62.154.5.158)  147.126 ms  57.402 ms  76.847 ms
 9  217.6.25.106 (217.6.25.106)  29.360 ms  31.382 ms  35.128 ms
10  fe0-0-rtr02.sbg.at.backbone.co.at (81.31.129.2)  30.967 ms  32.634 ms  36.859 ms
11  * * *
12  * * *
13  * * *
14  * * *
15  * * *
16  * * *
17  * * *
18  *

Last edited by klausesser on Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gkaefer

Info

by gkaefer » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:50 pm

Klaus, to your last screenshot, the entry point of my panotest...

if you wait for 10 seconds (currently set to 10s) than the autotour is starting. this pano slideshow contains the 5 panos... and (currently set to) no transition between the panos.

click with the mouse in my pano and a minimenu is getting enabled on bottom and a "=" on top of it. doing nothing nwo and the slideshow is starting later,
you can click on the "=" to stop the autotour. And this enables the normal pulldownmenu, googlemaps, stacks etc...

about traceroute... time values are around the mines...
lg
Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:14 pm

gkaefer wrote:Klaus, to your last screenshot, the entry point of my panotest...

if you wait for 10 seconds (currently set to 10s) than the autotour is starting. this pano slideshow contains the 5 panos... and (currently set to) no transition between the panos.

click with the mouse in my pano and a minimenu is getting enabled on bottom and a "=" on top of it. doing nothing nwo and the slideshow is starting later,
you can click on the "=" to stop the autotour. And this enables the normal pulldownmenu, googlemaps, stacks etc...

The point is: the error-message doesn´t go away!

best, Klaus

gkaefer

Info

by gkaefer » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:03 pm

klausesser wrote:
gkaefer wrote:Klaus, to your last screenshot, the entry point of my panotest...

The point is: the error-message doesn´t go away!

best, Klaus

:D sorry Klaus - do you mean the enabled debug mode shown in your screenshot?
if yes: this is a feature.... actually my test of my new theme. and there will be a debug mode that can be enabled and several suboptions can be enabled/disabled showing different blocks of variables... and this is in my test enabled. (actually it was hard work to calculate the panonumber, the loopnumber etc that is displayed actually :)

Georg

PS: I created a new set of xml files with other default settings (slightly different mainmenu; mainmenu enabled with delay after intro finished, 2 intros, no slideshow, no debugmode, english instead french as default...) it uses the same uploaded images from first test, only parallel uploaded xml files...
http://www.gigapixel.at/test2/build.html
Last edited by gkaefer on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:48 pm

gkaefer wrote::D sorry Klaus - do you mean the enabled debug mode shown in your screenshot?
if yes: this is a feature.... actually my test of my new theme. and there will be a debug mode that can be enabled and several suboptions can be enabled/disabled showing different blocks of variables... and this is in my test enabled. (actually it was hard work to calculate the panonumber, the loopnumber etc that is displayed actually :)

Ooops! It´s not a bug - it´s a feature . . . . :D:cool: Nice! ;)

best, Klaus

no avatar
yves360

Info

by yves360 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:30 am

Some news about the problem like JL and Georg have because I have exactly the same problem!
It's not possible to draw a rectangle for a video :(
Clockwise from left to right the first 3 points are perfect but not possible to fix the last one in the corner.
Looks exactly like the pictures from JL in the beginning of this post.
Can I change it manually in the xml and how?
Last edited by yves360 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
jl-kol

Topic author
Info

by jl-kol » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:17 am

Yves
Practically the problem was solved with the last update. Though not quite perfect it is now possible to get a usable 'fourth point' and the others can be nudged to produce a workable video or image flyout.
Practice!
bw
JL

bdd
Kolor Team

Info

by bdd » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:04 am

Bonjour Yves,

Quelle version de Panotour Pro utilises-tu ?
Nous avons fait des modifications dans le dernier update pour améliorer la saisie et le positionnement du 4ième point. Nous avons fait beaucoup de tests avec le projet de John, et d'autres projets internes, mais peut-être as tu un cas compliqué que nous n'avons pas testé.
Donc si tu utilises la dernière version de Panotour Pro, nous sommes intéressés par ton fichier projet (*.kpt) ainsi que par le panorama source que tu utilises dans ce projet. Nous le rajouterions à  notre batterie de tests sur ce problème de positionnement.

Cordialement,
Gérald

no avatar
yves360

Info

by yves360 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:49 am

Bonjour Gérald,

j'utilise la version 1.8.0 sous mac 10.7. Je n'ai pas trouvé de plus récente.
je t'envoi volontiers les fichiers. je fais comment pour te le faire parvenir ( le pano est assez volumineux)?

Un gros merci d'avance :)
Yves
Last edited by yves360 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

bdd
Kolor Team

Info

by bdd » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:21 am

Tu peux nous envoyer tes fichiers par mail à  l'adresse contact@kolor.com , ou bien s'ils sont trop volumineux par FTP en suivant la procédure décrite par Alexandre ici :
http://www.kolor.com/forum/t766-ftp-server

Gérald

Previous