krpano Bing Maps Plugin  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
mediavets

Topic author
Liked in: 130 posts
Info

krpano Bing Maps Plugin

by mediavets » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:19 am

Klaus has produced a Bing Maps plugin that can be used as a direct substitute for the Google Maps plugin for which API keys are no longer available:

http://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&postID=36143#post36143

Is there any prospect of Kolor integrating this plugin in place of the Panotour Maps plugin in the near term?
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
yves360

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by yves360 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:52 pm

Yes, it will be very helpful to know if Kolor think to work on a Bing plugin or if they stay with OpenTourMaps
because I'm really missing the satellite-view!

no avatar
panomano

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by panomano » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:06 pm

Hi,
I have tried the Open Street Map option and that seems to work OK except for me the zoom slider control acts really wacky? Not sure if that is a bug with OSM?

Anyway, I also tried the method of simply replacing the original PanotourMaps.swf file with the Plug-in available on the KRPano site for Bing maps and changing the key in xml and that seems to work also except it seems the radars aren't working properly. If I switch panos the "radar" stays on the original pano and doesn't switch over to the new pano selected. Also I am not sure where I need to place the new license for the plugin so that on top of the bing map is the KRPano logo.
Klaus says:
"just rename the googlemaps.license.xml to bingmaps.license.xml"
I do not know where that is at?

Ron Rack

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:02 am

panomano wrote:Hi,
I have tried the Open Street Map option and that seems to work OK except for me the zoom slider control acts really wacky? Not sure if that is a bug with OSM?

Anyway, I also tried the method of simply replacing the original PanotourMaps.swf file with the Plug-in available on the KRPano site for Bing maps and changing the key in xml and that seems to work also except it seems the radars aren't working properly. If I switch panos the "radar" stays on the original pano and doesn't switch over to the new pano selected. Also I am not sure where I need to place the new license for the plugin so that on top of the bing map is the KRPano logo.
Klaus says:
"just rename the googlemaps.license.xml to bingmaps.license.xml"
I do not know where that is at?

Ron Rack

this cant work: googlemaps plugin ISNOT = panotour maps (googlemaps plugin)
panotour pro users does have the possibillity to export krpano license, but the krpano googlemaps plugin is a seperate product, seperate to buy and with seperate license.
so if you do have a krpano googlemaps pluging than the binmaps plugin can be used with the krpano googlemaps plugin without paying additional, you can rename the license as klaus is describing in his posting on krpano.

yes you can do create a googlemaps enabled tour with panotour and entering a binmaps api code and exporting the tour will work locally (I can verify that it does work locally), but never online, because no license is there (as only panotour user). it works locally but radar is not visible and other issues, I expect because the flags and valid values are not equal so you can reuse the code from panotour...

and if you've a googlemaps plugin license than you have to replace the panotour maps (googlemaps) code block from main xml file created by panotour, just renaming the swf name will not do the job, because flags are used not available in the krpano/binmaps plugin... so easier to replace complete block with krpano only code...

so we've to wait until the panotourmaps feature (googlemaps plugin) coming from kolor or from third party plugin programmer (cant say it) is also bingmaps ready...
Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.