360 Cyclindrical Tour problem  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
alosurdo

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

360 Cyclindrical Tour problem

by alosurdo » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:28 pm

Hi, i am using the demo version of panotour pro and will be looking to purchase it asap, though im struggling for a fix to what i am sure is a basic problem.

My stitching software of choice is Ptgui and i have made a 360 cylindrical panourama.

What i am wanting to do is keep the FOV at 90 and still have it tour as 360 (eg with no up and down movement on the final tour).

I am unsure as to why somethimes i get some movement up and down and how to keep it as a 90 FOV with 360 around in a cylindrical view. (this would actually make the proportions of this pano better looking and not as stretched)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

no avatar
digipano

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by digipano » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:40 am

So what I understand is that you need 90x360 view, for doing that you have to use crop tool in the hotspot editor Image
This Limits the visible area of the panorama to the final rendering. So you drag the top & bottom to crop your image.
http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/view/Panotour_Pro_-_Interface_-_Hotspot_Editor

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:52 am

alosurdo wrote:My stitching software of choice is Ptgui and i have made a 360 cylindrical panourama.

What pano projection type are you using?

Panotour/Panotour Pro only support pimages with a speherical projection or a planar projection.

Note that projection type is unrelated to the image field of view.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.