Looking for PTP ressources, templates... already developped by kolor  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
gerpho

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Looking for PTP ressources, templates... already developped by kolor

by gerpho » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:02 pm

Hi

I'm looking for templates of things that have been done already, that it would sound stupid to re-develop.
I saw that there were request quite similar to mine here and there on the forums, but the answers exist, all on the superb paris 26 Gigapixel show (http://www.paris-26-gigapixels.com/index-fr.html). As far as I understand, these were developped by or with Kolor, so the codes should be available somewhere.

Namely (see screen copy) :

- nice animated pop up windows (flash ?) with trasnparent background, fancy colours, scoll bar and everything
- a button for show/hide hotspots.
- an automatic "guided tour", moving from one point of interest to another, pause and then a new one and so on.
- retractable navigation bar

I know that including this in the PTP GUI is a lot of work, but releasing the code itself would help those not quite familiar with all the subtelties of XML (like myself :( ) to move forwards faster than trying to undestand what and where I should modify the XML code generated by PTP, and re_inventing everything.

Philippe

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:35 pm

My feelings exactly... But recently kolor have provided a "how to" guide.. Ok for those who done't mind getting down and dirty with code.. but totally useless for those who feel very uncomfortable about coding... Which I would suggest were the majority of ptp users.. I am of the firm belief that there should be an online library of the elements of themes and interactions which could be mixed and matched as needed... Even if it had a single button or hotspot, with the code next to it and then an example of what it did would be great... There doesn't have to be lots of buttons, just the one as a template guild... The reason why I suggest just an example and not lots of different themes and buttons etc, would be to maintain having the opportunity to keep our own themes unique.. I would hate think we would al use the same content and do the same things all the time.. How boring.. Bit like monotonous pinging rings really... It could be done but there would also be a lot of work in doing it.. I guess there could be a kind of Theme Shop, where you could pay a small fee to use them... :cool:

http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/view/Creating_your_own_theme_templates

http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/view/Use_your_own_graphical_theme

Destiny

gerpho wrote:Hi

I'm looking for templates of things that have been done already, that it would sound stupid to re-develop.
I saw that there were request quite similar to mine here and there on the forums, but the answers exist, all on the superb paris 26 Gigapixel show (http://www.paris-26-gigapixels.com/index-fr.html). As far as I understand, these were developped by or with Kolor, so the codes should be available somewhere.

Namely (see screen copy) :

- nice animated pop up windows (flash ?) with trasnparent background, fancy colours, scoll bar and everything
- a button for show/hide hotspots.
- an automatic "guided tour", moving from one point of interest to another, pause and then a new one and so on.
- retractable navigation bar

I know that including this in the PTP GUI is a lot of work, but releasing the code itself would help those not quite familiar with all the subtelties of XML (like myself :( ) to move forwards faster than trying to undestand what and where I should modify the XML code generated by PTP, and re_inventing everything.

Philippe
Last edited by Destiny on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
the707

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by the707 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:02 am

ditto.

Would be willing to pay for custom templates.