How to start tour with 1 x still open.  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
marianne

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

How to start tour with 1 x still open.

by marianne » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:28 am

Hello,

1. My client wants here tour to start with 1 x welcome still open. Is there anyway of coding this behaviour into the xml file?

2. Also, on a more complex note, does any one know if it is possible to start with a still photo open and a video embedded inside it. Perhaps this would all have to go into a html page?

3. Finally, has anyone managed to incorporate a slide show into PTP tour from a hotspot click?

If you post any solutions I would be interested to know if they work on mobile devices.

Thanks panoheads!

no avatar
Nelike Imagery

Info

by Nelike Imagery » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:38 am

Hi,

1. Not really sure what you mean by this?

2. I made a quick example how to implement this. See it online here: http://inelike.fi/wp-content/virtuaalikierrokset/openwithimage/
To do this, you need to know some xml coding and Krpano to have Krpano. To see what Krpano is, check here: http://krpano.com/

Here is the code i used:

<plugin name="picture" zorder="5" align="center" edge="center" devices="" scale="1" parent="" y="0" x="0" alpha="1" width="" height="" scalechildren="true" children="true" handcursor="true" customColor="true" keep="true" onclick="loadpano(googlemaps_test0.xml,null,null,blend(1)); set(visible,false); plugin[video2].stop();" onover="" onout="" onhover="showtext(close picture and load panorama);" url="hevosesitys_web.jpg" visible="true"/>

<plugin name="video2"
url="videoplayer.swf"
videourl="Wildlife_2.flv"
width=""
height=""
enable="false"
parent="picture"
preload="true"
pause="true"
zorder="10"
visible="true"
keep="false"
x="20"
y="20"
origin="topleft"
edge="topleft"
scale="1"
rx="0" ry="0" rz="0"
loop="false"
pausedonstart="false"
directionalsound="false"
range="360"
volume="0.3"
onhover="if(ispaused, showtext(click to play), showtext(click to pause));"
onclick="togglepause();"
updateeveryframe="true"
children="true"
zorder="1"
/>

3. For a slideshow you need to get some slideshow yourself. If you want to implement such a thing inside the panorama, easiest is to get swf slideshow. Not sure how much there are which work with panos tho. Other one is to create html slideshow and open it on iframe over the panorama. Those are ways i can think of.

Hope this helped :)

Regards,

Jesse Passoja
Nelike Imagery
www.inelike.fi
Latest panoramas: http://inelike.fi/aiheeton/latest-panoramas/
Last edited by Nelike Imagery on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by bdd » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:37 am

Hi,

I am not sure too to understand your first need.

But I think there is an easier way to have an introduction image with a movie inside without editing the XML file.

In PTP :
Just add your image as a panorama with a planar projection.
Then create a rectangular hotspot containing the whole image, linked to the first panorama of your tour.
And finally create a rectangular hotspot where you place your movie.

Gérald

no avatar
Nelike Imagery

Info

by Nelike Imagery » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:49 am

Ah, of course. Im more used to code things so im not thinking how to do it in panotour :D Use Géralds way to do it :) Unless you want to have 100% control over what you want to do.

Regards,

Jesse

marianne

Topic author
Info

by marianne » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:49 am

Thanks for all of your replies!

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:28 am

Hi Marianne... I would have thought this was easy to achieve..

This is what I would do...

Create a single image tour.. this will be your first main url link... set it to no auto pan.... Therefore its just a single image on a tour...

You can put a button on this to 'Enter Tour'.. this in fact opens a new url to your full tour... there is code on this forum where it will go to the link after a time laps...

I am sure this will work.. if its what you were after... you can alway put a button on this full tour back to the intro which opens that url....

Basically you will have two tours.. one with a single image and the other with the full tour.... with urls to each other...:D

Destiny....
Last edited by Destiny on Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.