Video hotspot won't play  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
the707

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Video hotspot won't play

by the707 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:17 am

I have successfully added a .flv file as a video/hotspot to one of the panos in my project. I attempted to add another video in both .mov and .mp4 format now and the video will not play. I also reduced the size of the video now to 3MB. I have checked the xml and it does show the hotspot/video as:

<hotspot name="spot1" handcursor="false" url="virtualtourdata/graphics/videoplayer.swf" videourl="virtualtourdata/graphics/spots/spot2.mp4" onclick="closeglobalobjects();togglepause();" alturl="virtualtourdata/graphics/spots/spot1.png" altscale="1.0" frame="0" lastframe="19" frameheight="64" framewidth="64" altonloaded="set(crop,0|0|64|64);set(stopSequence,false);animate(spot1,0.1);" onhover="showtext('Click to pause TV');" distorted="true" ath="-71.5731" atv="-16.0982" width="281" height="163" rx="-6.81915" ry="-52.001" rz="13.1685"/>

So I checked virtualtourdata/graphics/spots/spot2.mp4 and the video is there and does play in any normal player.

So why wouldn't this video work or play in my PTP tour? It says .mp4 and .mov are supported in the Kolor tech documents is this not the case?

If the tour is loaded in a mobile browser you can see there is something there by round animated circles over the TV, but when played on normal computer nothing...

Not sure if it's needed but here is the url to the tour:
http://monsoon360.com/tours/salt_river/virtualtour.swf

The pano where the video works is 11_final. The pano where the video is not working is 7_done (video should be on the TV).

Any assistance is much appreciated!

Thank you,

Patrick
Last edited by the707 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
the707

Topic author
Info

by the707 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:06 am

So after some further research of my theory. It appears that only .flv video files work as after swapping the .mp4 or .mov with a .flv version the movie worked right away.

So now the question is, is this a bug or is the documentation wrong?

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by bdd » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:05 am

Its not a bug.
Maybe a lack in our documentation.

We should add these lines, as in krpano documentation :
The video can be in any video format that is supported by the Flashplayer. See here for informations about all supported video formats:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_Video

And as you will see, supported videos are not only a matter of type (extension) but also a matter of codecs.

Gérald

no avatar
the707

Topic author
Info

by the707 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:41 am

Hello Gérald,

Thank you very much for your timely response.

As you may have deduced I am not the mot technically advanced person. I do however try and truly want to learn. I read the page you linked to but it was slightly over my head. If I understand your reply correctly - I need to understand not only the file format but also it's corresponding codec type?

The extension part is obvious. I am not sure however how to determine the particular codec of a video. Could you please left me know how to do this? Also, how am I to know which codecs are good and which are bad?

Thank you very much,

Patrick

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:02 pm

the707 wrote:I am not sure however how to determine the particular codec of a video. Could you please left me know how to do this?

What software are you using to create your videos?

Most video editing software offers CODEC options when creating video files.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
the707

Topic author
Info

by the707 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:32 pm

You Tube Downloader, just a free program I found from cnet. I suppose it is the problem. I had hoped to simply display the you tube video but since it is not possible i now have to try and strip the video from you tube first and then add it as a hotspot.

Perhaps you could recommend a few good programs for video file conversion? Thanks for your help here.