Help. Virtual Tour Loader !  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
markod

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Help. Virtual Tour Loader !

by markod » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:03 pm

Hello!

How to create virtual tour loader (where I can put nice image and progress bar before tour is loading) like in this tour:
http://www.virtuallatvia.lv/Tours/Motormuzejs/EN/tour.html#/10/

Many Thanks!

no avatar
akphoto

Liked in: 1 post
Info

by akphoto » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:24 pm

Such a virtual tour is not possible to collect in Panotour Pro, it's probably Pano2VR.

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:35 pm

markod wrote:Hello!

How to create virtual tour loader (where I can put nice image and progress bar before tour is loading) like in this tour:

Many Thanks!

Hi!

I didn´t make a still-screen as entrance - but thst´s rasy done. Several kinds of links like in your tour also can be done - it´s a mix of
htlm and swf, resp. Java to run on iDevices.

http://www.360impressions.de/TourMW.html

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:36 pm

akphoto wrote:Such a virtual tour is not possible to collect in Panotour Pro, it's probably Pano2VR.

That´s nonsense.

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:55 am

Klaus is actually right in saying......emmm.. it can be done!.. ;) .. its just not that easy to do...

I have just tested some interactive thumbs like the one's in this museum pano with old cars etc... There are issues but it can be done.. Also Klaus is right in saying about the htlm files.. You can do this but you have to link the thumbs to html files.. You can see that they did this too since the url changes after you click on a thumb... also.. you can add a loader to a set time and make your own.. You can make your own up that opens a first intro image page.. You can have a pano blended out in the background and use action script to make it move back and forth to give the illusion auto scrolling pano..... then you can click on this start page to open your tour, which actually opens a new html file.. On this page you can put your interactive thumbs... all this stuff is possible in ptp, but its not easy so you will not be able to do it if you have no idea on how to edit xml or action script.. you will need some skills.. If on other hand you are talking about a One Click solution with no skills required.. then No.. ptp cannot do this.. but it will allow you do do it via access to the xml code...

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/RoundShot/RoundShotTest0.html you can put this thumb nav anywhere in your tour.. I just put it on this menu since it was the easiest to test to see if it worked... and it does... the whole thing is just a test.... even though the panos are a bit yucky.... but they are not mine anyway...

One day I will put a full tour up with fancy loader and thumb navigation like the example museum pano.. but since there is a lot of work in it... I will wait until I have a tour worth doing it with.. If you click on the "Info" button you will see what I mean about thumbs working in apg.. and they do as Klaus says.. they open up a new html file.. I cannot find a way round rather than doing it using this type of thumb nav and opening up a new html file.. It is my hope that apg develops in such a way that allows for this so people like me can go silly... and do amazing things with our tours.. but at the moment.. its very time consuming.... but it can be done!...

Destiny...

klausesser wrote:
akphoto wrote:Such a virtual tour is not possible to collect in Panotour Pro, it's probably Pano2VR.

That´s nonsense.

best, Klaus
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:53 am

Hi... I just changed the xml code on the link above to show you that you can put an interactive thumb nav on a pano page.. its not right since the background needs to be set to alpha but I did it on the quick.. and it all needs to be set on a strap so it can be hidden.. but you will get the point I am making... The first html file you create has your loader on it.. which will then open your still image with some kind of pano happening in the background which is easy to achieve or any other animation its up to you.... Then you clink on that page to go to your tour where there can be interactive thumbs and other stuff.... but like I said, you must have xml and action script knowledge o achieve it... But this show it can be done.... ptp might not have heaps of bell and whistles, but at least you can add your own bell and whistles..

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/RoundShot/RoundShotTest0.html

Destiny....

PS.. Forgot to tell you... I only put the thumbs within the stage on the first pano.. the others have it on the 'Info' button... I like it there better.... :)
Last edited by Destiny on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

no avatar
jeradg

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by jeradg » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:30 pm

klausesser wrote:
markod wrote:Hello!

Many Thanks!

Hi!

I didn´t make a still-screen as entrance - but thst´s rasy done. Several kinds of links like in your tour also can be done - it´s a mix of
htlm and swf, resp. Java to run on iDevices.

http://www.360impressions.de/TourMW.html

best, Klaus

I wanted to see the progress bar... but it loads too quickly!

:( =[