Panotour needs JPEG Slide Show functionality – with player controls.  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Motorised

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Panotour needs JPEG Slide Show functionality – with player controls.

by Motorised » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:35 am

I need to put together a simple jpeg slide show. A very minor task and something you would expect to be easily accomplished in Panotour. But you’d be wrong. I can’t find a way of doing it no matter how much I tried.
Unless of course I’m missing something here? Is there a plugin for instance? Or any other procedure that I am unaware of?

iSpring seems a perfectly good solution, but it’s too darned expensive and offers too much functionality that I’m never likely to use, or want. Another alternative is Swish, a Flash authoring tool that offers very good value for money. But what I’d really like to do is put together a jpeg slide show in Panotour complete with a sizeable player, and with stop-start and full screen controls.

Anyone got any suggestions?

no avatar
HansKeesom

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by HansKeesom » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:13 pm

I disagree with the expectation that you have. That is not what Panotour is about.

the expected route to go seems to me to make a slideshow in software that can do that and then use panotour to include this slideshow in a virtual tour if you want that.File of swf format can easily be incorparated.

Another discussion we have already had here that Panotour should have a demo mode, automaticly showing all panoramas one by one. If however you import a normal jpg instead of a panorama and use the right projection, such functionality would in fact came close to what you want.are aiming for.
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:34 pm

HansKeesom wrote:I disagree with the expectation that you have. That is not what Panotour is about.

the expected route to go seems to me to make a slideshow in software that can do that and then use panotour to include this slideshow in a virtual tour if you want that.File of swf format can easily be incorparated.

I think it would be useful for tours created using Panotour/Panotour Pro to be able to include slideshows - whether derived from third-party software or some sort of intergrated functionality.

Atr present I don't think it's easy to incorporate the slideshows produced using third-party slideshow software. Have you manged to do it? If so what third party slideshow software did you use?
Last edited by mediavets on Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
Motorised

Topic author
Info

by Motorised » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:15 pm

I’m afraid I have to agree with Mediavets. A slide show on a web page also in *.swf format to accompany a panorama would complement the panorama. Especially as I have a need for it, with the project I'm currently working on. I was going to say I’m amazed that the functionality hasn’t already been incorporated in Panotour, but as we’re only on version 1.7 and it’s a marvellous feat of engineering as it is, I wouldn’t mind betting the engineers at Kolor are already working on incorporating the slide show functionality into a future release. Hopefully by about version 2.0. or sooner.

Meanwhile, while we’re waiting, has anyone got any suggestions on how to proceed with a slide show in *.swf format that's quick and easy? Without having to go to a lot of expense and complexity. Which is what Panotour is all about.

no avatar
HansKeesom

Info

by HansKeesom » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:06 am

start with google http://www.google.nl/search?aq=f&gcx=c&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=slideshow+into+swf

and then http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM8q894jcgk

make a flv-movie from photos and include it as an object in a panorama...

see hanskeesom.xs4all.nl/panoramas/demoSlideShow for the result
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

no avatar
Motorised

Topic author
Info

by Motorised » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:02 am

A word of warning

We’re all capable of amazing stupidity from time to time, but thankfully – or hopefully – we soon realise our mistake and do what we can to limit the damage. Sometimes though it’s not that easy, and the fallout takes a little more effort to rectify.
I followed Hans Keesom’s links and quickly came across anvSoft Photo Flash Maker Platinum. Following common sense I downloaded the trial version and carefully read the features section on the website. According to the web pages, it was capable of everything I wanted to do. It certainly ticked all the right boxes. Fully Customisable, Fully Resizable, Exports as a single *.swf, and the winning feature, a fully Customisable Player with Full Screen buttons.

I had a play with the demo version for about a half-hour and although it didn’t do all that it should, I put that down to the fact it was only the trial version and that presumably once it was unlocked full functionality would return.
So after parting with $49.95 I soon had it up and running. Then I began to notice that all was not well. None of the features worked, well they did up to a point. The fully resizable turned out to be fixed aspect ratio, the export to a single file was a downright lie, the customisable player was hopelessly inadequate, and the full screen was a complete joke. The player went full screen but left the content the same size in the middle of the screen surrounded by giant buttons.

Within the hour it was deleted and emails sent demanding a refund. Whether it will happen or not only time will tell. What should have started ringing alarm bells though was the fact I noticed by paying through PayPal in USD there was no VAT, suggesting the supplier is outside of the EU. Probably Chinese. Who knows? But we all know Chinese truth is like Russian truth. A little on the easy side, to put it mildly. I have got PayPal on the job so I’m 50-50 confident/apprehensive of actually getting a refund. But truth be known, I’ve already written it off as a bad experience and one where there’s certainly a lesson to be learnt.

That'll teach me for following the advice of a Calamity Jane.
Last edited by Motorised on Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
HansKeesom

Info

by HansKeesom » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:29 pm

Motorised, I never advised anyone to buy the full version. That is your own decision and it is your responsibility to make a carefull consideration before buying the full version of anything.

Your last sentence seems rather out of order, fortunately the expression is not clear to me as i am not native english.
Last edited by HansKeesom on Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Hans Keesom

no avatar
rbackhaus

Info

by rbackhaus » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:03 am

haskeesom,
Your english interpretation is perfect,.motorised is offensive, to you and as well to any chinese or russians. You simply offered suggestions with a sample result. He seems to be a "drama queen", (another english expression;). Panotour has current limitatioms per GUI,..otherwise the software is limitless with xml editing and and keeping up with KRPano updates, and the smarts to incorporate (which I lack), but not everything is so simple and cut and dry.

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:08 pm

Motorised wrote:I need to put together a simple jpeg slide show. A very minor task and something you would expect to be easily accomplished in Panotour. But you’d be wrong. I can’t find a way of doing it no matter how much I tried.
Unless of course I’m missing something here? Is there a plugin for instance? Or any other procedure that I am unaware of?

iSpring seems a perfectly good solution, but it’s too darned expensive and offers too much functionality that I’m never likely to use, or want. Another alternative is Swish, a Flash authoring tool that offers very good value for money. But what I’d really like to do is put together a jpeg slide show in Panotour complete with a sizeable player, and with stop-start and full screen controls.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Can you precisely (!) tell what you mean saying "jpg slide show"? (there are many was to produce a "slideshow" and there are some ways to link them into a tour).

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel