Editing xml files and the starting panorama...  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
esotericvision

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Editing xml files and the starting panorama...

by esotericvision » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:51 pm

Hi,

I'm thinking about purchasing PTP but I need to know if I can do the following:

1. I've been trying to edit xml files but the demo version of PTP will NOT generate xml files. They are always embedded in the .swf. When I build a new tour with the "embed xml files" UNCHECKED. It fills itself in. Are my settings wrong somewhere? Is it the demo version?

2. I've been using KR Pano with my own html files. I usually give the client a build with the each different panorama as a an onstart. That way it's a bit easier to integrate it throughout a website. So how do I (can I) build a tour with PTP that can give a different onstart for each panorama yet use all the same basic shared files/panos? Is it still possible to embed this all into one swf?

3. Will I be able to do the same with iphone/ipad/html5 builds as in question 2?

Best Regards,

Ben

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:25 pm

Welcome to the forum....

esotericvision wrote:Hi,

I'm thinking about purchasing PTP but I need to know if I can do the following:

1. I've been trying to edit xml files but the demo version of PTP will NOT generate xml files. They are always embedded in the .swf. When I build a new tour with the "embed xml files" UNCHECKED. It fills itself in. Are my settings wrong somewhere? Is it the demo version?

It's because it is a demo version.

2. I've been using KR Pano with my own html files. I usually give the client a build with the each different panorama as a an onstart. That way it's a bit easier to integrate it throughout a website. So how do I (can I) build a tour with PTP that can give a different onstart for each panorama yet use all the same basic shared files/panos? Is it still possible to embed this all into one swf?

3. Will I be able to do the same with iphone/ipad/html5 builds as in question 2?

I don't really understand your questions 2 and 3. Do you mean you wish to be able to have/use a pano specific URL to access each pano within a tour?
Last edited by mediavets on Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
esotericvision

Topic author
Info

by esotericvision » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:25 pm

First thanks for replying. I kept thinking I was doing something wrong with the xml files. Secondly, yes. I want to be able to use the same build to access each specific panorama onstart. In other words, a different url to start each pano first without having a completely different build/swf. What are your thoughts?

Does anyone have a build with NO embedded files or xml files that I can play with?

Ben
Last edited by esotericvision on Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by bdd » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:51 am

Hello,

To be able to open a tour directly on a specific panorama, you need to use domain restriction and then to modify the HTML template we provide to add some JS code.

You can alos use a krpano plugin available here : http://krpano.com/plugins/userplugins/swfaddress

We plan to ease such feature, without extra coding, in a future version of Panotour Pro.

Gérald

no avatar
esotericvision

Topic author
Info

by esotericvision » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:07 pm

thanks!

no avatar
kevshu

Info

by kevshu » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:31 am

Depending on your site, you can easily do this without swfaddress plugin.
If you change the XML file name example: pano0.xml or pano5.xml, with pano.swf, it will load that xml file first. Open up the html template from one of your builds, and add the xml variable and give it a try.
Code: Select all
<script>
                    embedpano({target:"panoDIV",xml:"<name of XML file>.xml",swf:"<name of SWF file>.swf",width:"100%",height:"100%"});
</script>

Using some php you can use a variable in the address bar for xml location. Now of course this only allows you to start at your default starting location in each scene.

Edit...
It loads, but it doesn't load all the main settings from the main xml file, so it's not very functional.
Last edited by kevshu on Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin Schumacher
Canon 5Dmk2, 15mm Fisheye, 24-70mm, 100mm Macro, 100-400mm, Nodal Ninja 3
Orion GoTo Mount, BT Ver2 Module, Papywizard on Fujitsu LifeBook U810

no avatar
esotericvision

Topic author
Info

by esotericvision » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:16 pm

hey thanks. i appreciate it.

no avatar
akphoto

Liked in: 1 post
Info

by akphoto » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:26 pm

I'm thinking about purchasing PTP.....

Don't rush to buy. In First is expensive, and Secondly, has many problems.

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:34 am

:mad:!!
Not true....!! ptp is very stable and does not have many problems... Its just about the best software application in the world for designing and authoring a virtual tour together. SInce I have owned ptp it has gotten better and better.. ptp has some outstanding features, but I admit I would like to see more, but I am sure they will come in time... There are not that many software application where you can edit the xml files for further editing where you can add your own innovations or content...

I do not believe for what ptp does, that it is expensive.. For what you are getting and what it can do for your tours I believe its well worth the money.... The kolor support is world-class with many on this forum putting in a lot of their own time to assist others too... "in so so many ways!"... Some users do have some issues but they are mostly not the application itself but rather a lack of knowledge or their hardware.... Sometimes a new version is released a few people experience an issue, but its to be expected that there might be a few teething problems... These are often fixed very quickly... You will notice there is an area to report bugs.. At least you have a forum to report them to.. Many software applications experience the odd bug... That is way we get upgraded versions or notice to downland updates... It happens with most software apps...

I would take No notice of akphoto... Buy ptp and enjoy it!.... and also join in with this forum where many will help you...

Destiny..

akphoto wrote:

I'm thinking about purchasing PTP.....

Don't rush to buy. In First is expensive, and Secondly, has many problems.
Last edited by Destiny on Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:34 am

Ben... Here is an example of editing the xml code for your own use, just click on the 'Info' button to see how personal editing can be added to your panos .... http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/RoundShot/RoundShotTest0.html
They are not my panos images, they are from RoundShot.. .. I just did this as an example of thumb navigation... you will also notice the buttons are different to the default sets.. you can create your own with practice.. You are able to edit most things in ptp to create your own theme...

In the past I have had the odd issue with my ptp.. the last being the window tools were all over the place when I upgraded.. but the support in fixing this issue was very quickly resolved... It was just a matter of updating things... The point being, not only I received support from kolor,I also received advice and support from members of this forum.. You too can enjoy this support when you buy kolor software... Don't get me wrong.. there are things I would like improved but on the whole its great software....

Destiny...
Last edited by Destiny on Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)