Tour Navigation with Subnavigation  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Marcus Hartmann

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Tour Navigation with Subnavigation

by Marcus Hartmann » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:58 pm

Hi,

this is my first post. I hope you can help me with your experience. Frist, I am not a coder:(

I have made 35 Panos and want to group them in 7 chapters. Each chapter is a kind of littel tour. In one, each viewpoint can see the next one...just 5 Meters away. Navigation is easy. Point to Point.
At some other chapters the viewpoints are in different rooms, so there is not direct connection. How to navigate them? In a small tour, you can easily do this with a map.
But with 35 viewpoint the map looks confusing! Is there a way to use a second map (a submap)?

Another question is, if there is an option to have "next", "back" and "home/start" button at the controls. Just to give the user the possibility to follow the tour without navigation.
A "autoswitch funktion =x seconds" would be also very helpful.

I found a very nice inteactive menu... this would solve the navigation [url]http://www.diginetmedia.de/vr/flash/aust…aprun_4030.html[/url] but how can this be done in PTP?

Every Idea is welcome!!!

thanks,
Marcus
:)

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:46 pm

Welcome to the forum...

Marcus Hartmann wrote:I found a very nice inteactive menu... this would solve the navigation [url]http://www.diginetmedia.de/vr/flash/aust…aprun_4030.html[/url] but how can this be done in PTP?

That URL seems to be broken?
Last edited by mediavets on Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:54 pm

Marcus Hartmann wrote:Hi,

this is my first post. I hope you can help me with your experience. Frist, I am not a coder:(

I have made 35 Panos and want to group them in 7 chapters. Each chapter is a kind of littel tour. In one, each viewpoint can see the next one...just 5 Meters away. Navigation is easy. Point to Point.
At some other chapters the viewpoints are in different rooms, so there is not direct connection. How to navigate them? In a small tour, you can easily do this with a map.
But with 35 viewpoint the map looks confusing! Is there a way to use a second map (a submap)?

I seem to recall someone doing something like that.

Basically you would create seven separate 'chapter' tours, and the another tour which comprises a visual chapter 'index' image/map. That allows each 'chapter' tour to have it's own map, which in each case should offer a link back to the 'index' tour.

Another question is, if there is an option to have "next", "back" and "home/start" button at the controls. Just to give the user the possibility to follow the tour without navigation.
A "autoswitch funktion =x seconds" would be also very helpful.

Panotour Pro (PTP) does not currently offer such features from the GUI.
Last edited by mediavets on Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
Marcus Hartmann

Topic author
Info

by Marcus Hartmann » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:10 pm

Link again: http://www.diginetmedia.de/vr/flash/austria/tauern_spa/html/de/tauernspakaprun_4030.html
I will try seven tours and one master... does that mean the player will start again, when changing the tour?

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:27 pm

That is one of the most sophisticated tours I've seen created for krpano. Lots of clever features in the UI.

The person who created this must know krpano inside out.
Last edited by mediavets on Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
Nelike Imagery

Info

by Nelike Imagery » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:48 am

Hi,

as Mediavets said, that tour is coded by hand with krpano. If you know the xml code and know how to make it, it's not so complicate. I've done something similar (except dropdown menus): Check here:

http://imagery.fi/virtualtours/keskustademo/keskustademo.html

Put mouse over the menu on top and other one drop down. Pure handcoded, took me couple days to get it work right.

Regards,

Jesse Passoja
Nelike Imagery
www.inelike.fi
Latest panoramas:http://inelike.fi/aiheeton/latest-panoramas/