Linking to tours  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
amser666

Linking to tours

by amser666 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:26 am

Lets say we have a virtual tour with 5 views. When you link to the tour does it always open the first view or can you link to any of the 5 views in the group independantly?
Hope this makes sense!?

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:02 pm

amser666 wrote:Lets say we have a virtual tour with 5 views. When you link to the tour does it always open the first view or can you link to any of the 5 views in the group independantly?
Hope this makes sense!?

You cannot do it with the current version of PT/PTP alone.

There is a plugin for krpano that may enable you to do this if you have Panotour pro so that you are able to edit the XML files:

http://krpano.com/plugins/userplugins/swfaddress/#top
Last edited by mediavets on Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
amser666

by amser666 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:55 pm

Many thanks for the reply Andrew!
I have had a quick read through the details of the SWFAddress Plugin and I'm not quite sure it does what I am looking for.

I'm not too good with the jargon at the moment but I will give it a go...

What I am looking to do is have a simple html page with links to panos. These panos will be contained within a tour made up of a number of panos. Are we saying that when we go to a tour, it is only ever the first pano in the tour that loads??? Can we not link straight to the 3rd pano from a simple html link?

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:04 am

amser666 wrote:Many thanks for the reply Andrew!
I have had a quick read through the details of the SWFAddress Plugin and I'm not quite sure it does what I am looking for.

I'm not too good with the jargon at the moment but I will give it a go...

What I am looking to do is have a simple html page with links to panos. These panos will be contained within a tour made up of a number of panos. Are we saying that when we go to a tour, it is only ever the first pano in the tour that loads???

That is correct.

Can we not link straight to the 3rd pano from a simple html link?

As far as I know it can currently only be done by making use of the SWF address plugin.

Many people have requested the functionality you seek - whether it may be implemented in PTP Version 2 I don't know.

If you don't wish to have the panos linked in a tour then you could create single pano 'tours' for each pano.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro 1.8