Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:55 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Linking to tours
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:26 am 

Lets say we have a virtual tour with 5 views. When you link to the tour does it always open the first view or can you link to any of the 5 views in the group independantly?
Hope this makes sense!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:02 pm 

amser666 wrote:
Lets say we have a virtual tour with 5 views. When you link to the tour does it always open the first view or can you link to any of the 5 views in the group independantly?
Hope this makes sense!?

You cannot do it with the current version of PT/PTP alone.

There is a plugin for krpano that may enable you to do this if you have Panotour pro so that you are able to edit the XML files:

http://krpano.com/plugins/userplugins/swfaddress/#top

Last edited by mediavets on Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:55 pm 

Many thanks for the reply Andrew!
I have had a quick read through the details of the SWFAddress Plugin and I'm not quite sure it does what I am looking for.

I'm not too good with the jargon at the moment but I will give it a go...

What I am looking to do is have a simple html page with links to panos. These panos will be contained within a tour made up of a number of panos. Are we saying that when we go to a tour, it is only ever the first pano in the tour that loads??? Can we not link straight to the 3rd pano from a simple html link?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:04 am 

amser666 wrote:
Many thanks for the reply Andrew!
I have had a quick read through the details of the SWFAddress Plugin and I'm not quite sure it does what I am looking for.

I'm not too good with the jargon at the moment but I will give it a go...

What I am looking to do is have a simple html page with links to panos. These panos will be contained within a tour made up of a number of panos. Are we saying that when we go to a tour, it is only ever the first pano in the tour that loads???

That is correct.

Quote:
Can we not link straight to the 3rd pano from a simple html link?

As far as I know it can currently only be done by making use of the SWF address plugin.

Many people have requested the functionality you seek - whether it may be implemented in PTP Version 2 I don't know.

If you don't wish to have the panos linked in a tour then you could create single pano 'tours' for each pano.