Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:48 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:40 am 

Hi everyone,

it's my first post on this forum and I didn't find what I'm looking for yet.

I'd like to implement custom hotspot "sequences". What i did up to here is to create my own hotspots based on neutral sequence template (in PS) and then export my project. I go into my "graphic file" get the right path names of my hotspots and insert mine instead of (renaming each one of them).

I know it's possible to insert custom .swf but how to do it in a simpler way? Would I have to create animated gif's in an external software?

Thanks!

Bru

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:08 pm 

Welcome to the forum...

If you have Panotour Pro you could create custom theme, the easiest way to do that would be to work on a copy of an existing theme.

If you take a look at the elements that comprise a theme you will see how PTP makes the animated hotspot graphics work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:19 pm 

Hi Mediavets,

thanks for your answer. I have PTP pro and know how to create custom HTML menu and I already created custom aminated hotspots. My concerns are a bit "picky". Let's say PTP pro would have a "custom sequence" option in the option for hotspots (just like you can choose any kind of file if generic images don't fit you needs). In this case, when you export the project, you could embed all the files into your project instead of getting an .xml file for each panorama and a file for sudivided images. It would be easier to manage it's own custom animations in PTP instead of going into the graphic file and change it manually. I couldn't do this without exporting the project deselecting "embed functions".

I just tried with .gif animations and it sucks a lot. I guess my way is the one with inserting .swf's hotspots.

Many thanks anyway. I already learned a lot on this forum and checked a lot of articles you published!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:39 pm 

If you developed a custom theme, or added your custom animated (sequence) hostpots to an existing theme by following the design of the default themes then you would export your custom animated hotspots with the tour and not have to go into the XML to edit the graphics.

Use Edit/Open template directory and explore there to see how the themes comprise a number of elements (graphics files and XML files) and you will be able to work out how to create you own custom theme or add your own custom animated (sequence) hotspots to an existing theme. It's not 'rocket science' but it involves a little 'detective'/homework to grasp how to do it.

Animated (sequence) hotspot graphics designed and installed according to the design metrics of the existing themes will work in tours displayed on both Flash-enabled platforms and iDevices.

If you instead choose to use a custom SWF animation as a hotspot graphic then it will only be displayed when the tour is viewed on a Flash-enabled platform; on iDevices it will be automatically replaced by a pulsing black circles animated GIF.

Last edited by mediavets on Thu May 19, 2011 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.