Open panos in safari with ipad  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
shine

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Open panos in safari with ipad

by shine » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:17 pm

Hi everybody!
This is my first post in this forum...
My question is really silly, but I've read several posts and I haven't found a right answer.
I've done a pano with panotour and I copied it on my ipad in goodreader app.
It works fine but there is the watermark "KrpanoJS demo version".
I've read that it's right try with the simulator of developer's user agent. I've done this and all it's working well, without watermark.
So, how I can view my panos (also offline if it's possible) with safari instead goodreader?
Thank you a lot in advance for your answers.
Cheers

no avatar
Gordon

Info

by Gordon » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:28 pm

Hi Shine, I don't think it's possible to view on ipad unless you have an internet connection, the goodreader app allows you to view it offline. Thats the beauty of it really. It's not possible as far as I know to view panos offline with safari yet!

Best
Gordon
2000th Member :D

GigaPixel Experimenter
Gigapan Beta Unit, Canon Powershot S5IS, Canon 350D, Nikon D40, Manfrotto Tripod, BT-Serial + Papywizard on Nokia 770, Fully-Operational Merlin the Wizard Unit!!!

no avatar
shine

Topic author
Info

by shine » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:22 am

Hi Gordon! Thank you for your answer... But for me too goodreader would be the best way to view panos, I don't know how avoid the watermark "krpanoJS"... Have you any idea? I've read that the krpano license is embedded in panotour pro license...
I've also read many posts but, sorry, I haven't understood how can I do....
Cheers

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:01 am

shine wrote:Hi Gordon! Thank you for your answer... But for me too goodreader would be the best way to view panos, I don't know how avoid the watermark "krpanoJS"... Have you any idea? I've read that the krpano license is embedded in panotour pro license...
Cheers

The krpano (SWF) player licence is embedded. The krpano (javascript) player for iDevices licence is not and cannot be embedded - as you can see if you view the list of files and folders created by PTP when building/exporting a 'mobile compatible' tour - and that's what's missing and results in the watermark "krpanoJS" being displayed.
Last edited by mediavets on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
shine

Topic author
Info

by shine » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:16 am

mediavets wrote:
shine wrote:Hi Gordon! Thank you for your answer... But for me too goodreader would be the best way to view panos, I don't know how avoid the watermark "krpanoJS"... Have you any idea? I've read that the krpano license is embedded in panotour pro license...
Cheers

The krpano (SWF) player licence is embedded. The krpano (javascript) player for iDevices licence is not and cannot be embedded - as you can see if you view the list of files and folders created by PTP when building/exporting a 'mobile compatible' tour - and that's what's missing and results in the watermark "krpanoJS" being displayed.

Thank you, Mediavets!
But... now it's enough buying the krpano iphone license or I have to buy also the krpano license? I have seen the krpano site and I've read that the krpano iphone license works only if there is already a krpano license...
I apologize you, but yesterday I've read a lot of posts, blogs, news and I'm confused....
Thank you in advance.
Cheers

no avatar
shine

Topic author
Info

by shine » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:23 am

Sorry?....

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:26 am

mediavets wrote:
shine wrote:
mediavets wrote:The krpano (SWF) player licence is embedded. The krpano (javascript) player for iDevices licence is not embedded - as you can see if you view the list of files and folders created by PTP when building/exporting a 'mobile compatible' tour - and that's what's missing and results in the watermark "krpanoJS" being displayed.

Thank you, Mediavets!
But... now it's enough buying the krpano iphone license or I have to buy also the krpano license? I have seen the krpano site and I've read that the krpano iphone license works only if there is already a krpano license...
I apologize you, but yesterday I've read a lot of posts, blogs, news and I'm confused....
Thank you in advance.
Cheers

If you have Panotour Pro - which it seems you do - then you do not need to purchase a krpano iPhone licence. That licence (for the krpano javascript player/viewer) is included with Panotour Pro. It is included, but it is not emebedded, in the ouput generated by PTP when you build a 'mobile compatible' tour.

So to sum up - Panotpur Pro includes licences for the krpano (SWF) panorama player/viewer and for the krpano (javascript) panorama player/viewer required to produce 'mobile compatible' tours that can be displayed on iDevices. You do not need any additional licences.

The krpano (SWF) viewer/player licence is auromatically embedded in the output, the krpano (javascript) player/viewer licence is included in the output but not embedded.
Last edited by mediavets on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
shine

Topic author
Info

by shine » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:36 am

ok, I follow you... In my folder that I have copied on ipad I see krpanoiphone.js (I've built tour with the mobile compatibility)
What I have to do now for erase that watermark that I cannot show to my customers when I show them my projects?
Excuse me if I seem silly.....

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:56 am

shine wrote:ok, I follow you... In my folder that I have copied on ipad I see krpanoiphone.js (I've built tour with the mobile compatibility)
What I have to do now for erase that watermark that I cannot show to my customers when I show them my projects?
Excuse me if I seem silly.....

Here's a screenshot of the list of files and folders created when I output a 'mobile compatible' tour (named test-upload).

You will notice the krpanoiphone.license.js file.

That's what I think is missing on your iPad.

Last edited by mediavets on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
shine

Topic author
Info

by shine » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:57 am

Oh my God! this is the problem... In my folder there isn't that file!
And now? Thank you, Mediavets... I think that I've to contact support team of Panotour Pro...
have a nice day and thanks again.
Cheers

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:22 pm

shine wrote:Oh my God! this is the problem... In my folder there isn't that file!

Are you quite sure?:

1. Are you using a fully licenced and registered version of Panotour Pro?

2. Are you exporting/building the tour to a new folder so that you be certain that all the exported files and folders are in one place? Use the 'Build tour as...' option - see screenshot.

Last edited by mediavets on Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
shine

Topic author
Info

by shine » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:05 pm

Yes! Thank you so much! The right file was in an older folder and I didn't find it.
Now it's all ok!
Thank you again!
Cheers