unable to open project  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
PeterPandi

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

unable to open project

by PeterPandi » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:34 am

hi,
my tour is almost ready but this morning I wanted to start testing with custom buttons and I was unable to open my project.the usual window with the kpt file but this opens panotour browser in blank.thx

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:01 am

PeterPandi wrote:hi,
my tour is almost ready but this morning I wanted to start testing with custom buttons and I was unable to open my project.the usual window with the kpt file but this opens panotour browser in blank.thx

Have you moved the .kpt file from the location to which you initially saved it?

If you have you will have invalidated the relative paths to the source files which are recorded in the .kpt file.

How were you trying to open the .kpt file? Drag-n-drop? File/Open? From Windows Explorer?
Last edited by mediavets on Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
PeterPandi

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by PeterPandi » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:19 am

i did not change place, only thing i did was outputting to my site yesterday.today browser is blank, opened via open project, open.i dont know if by accident i modified kpt file,dont know how...anyway all data is there, in the specific folders.i uploaded a copy of the kpt file in my site,i will try to retrieve that...any chance this is a bug? thx

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:35 am

Hi Peter.. Try this.. since I has something similar happen to me... If you haven't deleted/emptied your trash.. go to that and put anything back from yesterday.. Doing that fixed the problem that time.. However.. I did it again but this time i also did what Andrew suggested.. I changed the name and moved my files while organising.. it did not like it and then would not open... Silly me... Had to do it again... Teach me to be so fastidious in organising my files...!!

catch ya..

D..

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:23 pm

PeterPandi wrote:i did not change place, only thing i did was outputting to my site yesterday.today browser is blank, opened via open project, open.i dont know if by accident i modified kpt file,dont know how...anyway all data is there, in the specific folders.i uploaded a copy of the kpt file in my site,i will try to retrieve that...any chance this is a bug? thx

Hi Peter!

Which OS are you using? I sugest to drag the kpt file onto the PTP icon if you´re on Mac. You also can use "Info" to tell the file the application it´s to be opened with initially. Guess these options also exist on Windows!?
Mac uses relative paths - doesn´t matter where the app is located: it ususally starts up when you doubleclick the file or drag it onto the app´s icon in the doc or somewhere else.

Basically keep all in the same folder!

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:27 pm

PeterPandi wrote:any chance this is a bug? thx

No - don´t think so.

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:51 pm

Destiny wrote:Hi Peter.. Try this.. since I has something similar happen to me... If you haven't deleted/emptied your trash.. go to that and put anything back from yesterday.. Doing that fixed the problem that time.. However.. I did it again but this time i also did what Andrew suggested.. I changed the name and moved my files while organising.. it did not like it and then would not open... Silly me... Had to do it again... Teach me to be so fastidious in organising my files...!!

catch ya..

D..

One way to avoid such issues is to use the File/ Save project (extended) as... feature.

This copies all source files to a new folder at the location of the .kpt file with a folder name derived from that of the .kpt file - <.kptfilename>sources

As long as you retain the relative paths to the .kpt file and the related sources folder (.kpt file one level up from the sources folder) you'll be OK.

I guess it might be a good idea to place a copy of the .kpt file inside the sources folder so you could not lose it.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:43 am

That's good info Andrew...

D...