Fatal: License Error  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
manuel rosario

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Fatal: License Error

by manuel rosario » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:42 am

Hello,

I have apg 2.5.1 and ptp 1.5.1 and krpano license (viewer and panotools) . I have a macbook pro.

I made a tour, open PTP 1.5.1, checked idevice compatibility and put my domain name and proccessed.

I put all processed files in a specific folder in my site. Run and tried on my mac, click the *.html and it say

"Fatal : License Error"

Any suggestion please.

Thank you,

Manuel
Canon EOS20d, 50d, sigma 12-24, samyang 8mm FE, 4GB ram, 2.53 GHz MacBook Pro 13.3 Snow 10.6.8, Panosaurus, Nodal Ninja NN3II, AutopanoGiga+PTP, KRPano Unlimited, Photomatix4, onOne PhototoolsPro 2.6 and Perfect Resize 7, Noiseware Pro, Topaz Suite, PS CS5.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:59 am

manuel rosario wrote:Hello,

I have apg 2.5.1 and ptp 1.5.1 and krpano license (viewer and panotools) . I have a macbook pro.

I made a tour, open PTP 1.5.1, checked idevice compatibility and put my domain name and proccessed.

I put all processed files in a specific folder in my site. Run and tried on my mac, click the *.html and it say

"Fatal : License Error"

Any suggestion please.

Thank you,

Manuel

Do not enter any restricted domain name.

Do use the generic HTML template.

Avoid any accented characters in file or folder names.

Your krpano and krpano tools licences are 'redundant' now (by which I mean no longer required to enable any feature of PTP) as PTP incorporates embedded krpano SWF and js players licences.

Last edited by mediavets on Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
manuel rosario

Topic author
Info

by manuel rosario » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:11 am

Hi Andrew,

Follows your steps and it worked. I tried this viewing in my macbook tru safari. I will try to view later in an ipod touch 4. I will come back and report what happen. Thank you very much for your quick response.

Best regrads,

Manuel
Canon EOS20d, 50d, sigma 12-24, samyang 8mm FE, 4GB ram, 2.53 GHz MacBook Pro 13.3 Snow 10.6.8, Panosaurus, Nodal Ninja NN3II, AutopanoGiga+PTP, KRPano Unlimited, Photomatix4, onOne PhototoolsPro 2.6 and Perfect Resize 7, Noiseware Pro, Topaz Suite, PS CS5.

no avatar
manuel rosario

Topic author
Info

by manuel rosario » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:42 am

Hello,

Here are results of my test on idevices.

It worked ok in an ipod touch 4.

1. Hotspots worked, will try to put onhover on the spots if it will work.
2. Drop down list did not work.

I will try to compile in krprotect so there will just be the html and swf that I have to put in a folder in the server. I will come back again what will happen.

Best regards,

Manuel

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:59 am

manuel rosario wrote:Hello,

Here are results of my test on idevices.

It worked ok in an ipod touch 4.

1. Hotspots worked, will try to put onhover on the spots if it will work.
2. Drop down list did not work.

That's not news.

onhover will not work on iDevices, the concept of hover/mouse-over is not viable with a touch interface, nor will the drop down list (panoramas list) because that depends on the combobox SWF plug-in and as you know Flash is not supported on iDevices.

http://krpano.com/iphone/#supportedfunctionality

I will try to compile in krprotect so there will just be the html and swf that I have to put in a folder in the server. I will come back again what will happen.

Best regards,

Manuel

That won't work either because Flash is not supported on an iDevice so it can't do anything with that SWF file.
Last edited by mediavets on Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
manuel rosario

Topic author
Info

by manuel rosario » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:11 am

Hi Andrew,

Thank you much for the tips and limitations. At least I am successful in publishing a virtual tour on idevices.

Best regards,

Manuel

no avatar
DigiPhot

Info

by DigiPhot » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:28 pm

I have the same problem
on my computer all works fine
online on the iphone all works fine
online on my computer (mac, safari) a FATAL: LICENSE ERROR

From the answers above:
- Do not enter any restricted domain name. > why?, what is the use of restricted domain name?
- Do use the generic HTML template. > I copied it, renamed it something.html, also copied the directory generic and renamed it something
all contents are basically the same, should work, shouldn't it?
- Avoid any accented characters in file or folder names. > ok

no avatar
manuel rosario

Topic author
Info

by manuel rosario » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:57 pm

Hi DigiPhot

When I am making tour (not idevice compatible) I usually use KRPano KRProtect. I am including a domain name, but in the case of making it idevice compatible, I do not include a domain name, as mentioned.

You may want to view my tour, both in your mac (safari) and your ipod touch 4 (or iphone) .

http://manpro360.com/documents/JVIPOD4/jvtour.html

Best regards

Manuel.
Last edited by manuel rosario on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:46 pm

DigiPhot wrote:I have the same problem

From the answers above:
- Do not enter any restricted domain name. > why?, what is the use of restricted domain name?

My understanding is that it is intended to allow playback only from the specified domain, to prevent piracy of a tour. I don't know if it is compatible with 'mobile compatible' output.

- Do use the generic HTML template. > I copied it, renamed it something.html, also copied the directory generic and renamed it something all contents are basically the same, should work, shouldn't it?

I am struggling to understand why you did this. What are you trying to achieve?
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
DigiPhot

Info

by DigiPhot » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:03 am

mediavets wrote:
DigiPhot wrote:I have the same problem

From the answers above:

My understanding is that it is intended to allow playback only from the specified domain, to prevent piracy of a tour. I don't know if it is compatible with 'mobile compatible' output.

- Do use the generic HTML template. > I copied it, renamed it something.html, also copied the directory generic and renamed it something all contents are basically the same, should work, shouldn't it?

I am struggling to understand why you did this. What are you trying to achieve?

What I want to achieve is personal and/or client specific settings for the index file such as header, frame size etc.
This works well, the removal of the restricted sites was sufficient
(was different from my site and I haven't tested if adding my site to the restricted sites works)

Regards, Hans