publishing  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
PeterPandi

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

publishing

by PeterPandi » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:34 pm

hi,
I want to publish the tour i am working on to show it to you but i publish the swf file and i get this error.which files i have to publish and where?

http://manuelterra.com/page2/assets/El%20Libro%20Oriental.swf

thx again

klausesser

Liked in: 63 posts
Info

by klausesser » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:51 pm

PeterPandi wrote:hi,
I want to publish the tour i am working on to show it to you but i publish the swf file and i get this error.which files i have to publish and where?

thx again

You have to put ALL content including an index.html on the server into the same folder and link to the folder. If you have it on the server without a dedicated folder you nevertheless must have it ALL together on your webspace.

The error-message says you didn´t do so.

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:23 pm

PeterPandi wrote:hi,

thx again

The simplest way to ensure tha you upload all the necessary files is always to output each tour to a new folder. Then upload all the files PTP creates in that output folder to your Web server, maintaining the folder/file structure.

To minimise potential problems I recommend that you avoid accented characters and mixed case in file and folder/directory names, and also avoid spaces in file and folder/directory names.
Last edited by mediavets on Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
PeterPandi

Topic author
Info

by PeterPandi » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:24 am

okay assume ALL means ALL including the panos which are quite heavy 5 pictures hdrs tiffs, so ill jpeg them.regards

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:44 am

PeterPandi wrote:okay assume ALL means ALL including the panos which are quite heavy 5 pictures hdrs tiffs, so ill jpeg them.regards

No, no, no...

You don't include the original pano images.

As I said export the tour to a new folder - not the folder containing the input images.

Do this using the Build tour as... option and create the new folder into which you save the tour before the first build of the tour.

Last edited by mediavets on Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
PeterPandi

Topic author
Info

by PeterPandi » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:28 am

I am doing that right now, I assumed that it would be worth doing it for testing if it worked.made a new folder and built a tour as, just as you said.thx!