guidance for custom theme.  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
PeterPandi

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

guidance for custom theme.

by PeterPandi » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:40 am

hi,
please indicate the steps required for making a custom theme, basically i wanna change the ugly standard buttons included.thx

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:52 am

Hello... Do you have photoshop?? I made my silver ones using this software.... you can make any buttons you want but if you change the parameters of the image you will also have to edit the xml script..... Its all very easy once you know how....
Mind you.. according to SOME.. I should leave it to the experts...!! but its ok.. I am just an amateur who can create nice buttons etc... ;) Let me know if you want to know the steps on how to do it..

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/interactive/3/TESTHOT.html

D..

no avatar
PeterPandi

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by PeterPandi » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:13 pm

hi!
yes i use PS on a dailly basis.No problem designing buttons my problem is i now nothing about xml or whatever code is used, if you could explain how to make a simple theme with my own buttons, it would be great!
thx

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:29 pm

Hi Peter.. this is just a quickie to get you going.. I have to bath baby…

1. Go to your Graphic Folder in your pano file – open your 'menu' folder….
2. There you will see all your buttons, as they are created by kolor software… The top image is your up state and the bottom is your over…
3. Drag them into Photoshop
4. Edit as you want but make sure you keep some kind of uniformity or they will not work… Do as you want with them..
5. Replace the image as 24bit pngs to your own images making sure you use the same name… This will make it easier for editing the xml script...
If you want to change your thumb theme that is the 'slide' and 'strap' in your graphics folder.. there is also an 'arrow'… very small but you can still edit that to what you want…
That will keep you busy for an hour or two….

Tomorrow I will explain the next step with editing the xml script…..

Bye…

D..

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:43 pm

Peter,

Destiny has outlined how to change the output produced by PTP.

You could instead create a new theme to add to the default set of themes.

The easiest way to do this is to make a renamed copy of the files that comprise an existing them - say the 2D theme - and work on modifying that, essentially initially by replacing the graphics with your own at the same sizes. That way you'll not need to change any of the theme's XML code.

You'll find the themes files and folders by using the Edit/Open Templates Directory command in PTP. Have a look at the structure of the files and folders and I think you'll easily spot what files comprise a theme.

XML code is just text in an XML format - you can open and edit it with any text editor.

If you wish to understand better what it's 'doing' then you'll need to cross-refer to the krpano documentation:
http://krpano.com/docu/

It is not rocket science.
Last edited by mediavets on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:47 am

Yep.. thats all true what Andrews says.. its all quite easy.. If you do it this way.. when you change something in your pano, your theme will rebuild itself.. So this is the easiest way for sure.... save you heaps of time..

Have fun...

D