link to first pano  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
PeterPandi

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

link to first pano

by PeterPandi » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:44 pm

hi,
I need a link back to the first pano (master) it cant be a logo,thumbnail,list or hotspot.how can i put an object(say home symbol) as a map and link it back to that first pano?
thx

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:55 pm

PeterPandi wrote:hi,
I need a link back to the first pano (master) it can't be a logo,thumbnail,list or hotspot how can i put an object(say home symbol) as a map and link it back to that first pano?
thx

It is rather unconventional to offer a link directly/explicitly back to the start pano in a tour - why do you want/need this feature?

Why can you not use a thumbnail, logo or list to offer such a feature?

You could use a map - the map image can be any image you like it doesn't nede be a conventional map - you would have to edit the XML to set the initial size to be the same as the open size becuae unfortunately you cannot at present set that initial size via the GUI which is one of my longstanding 'whinges' - and have the map start open and remain open.

Alternatively I gues you could create a custom theme with a 'home' button on the nav bar and manually code the action associated with it to go to the initial pano in the tour.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

klausesser

Liked in: 63 posts
Info

by klausesser » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:00 pm

mediavets wrote:It is rather unconventional to offer a link directly/explicitly back to the start pano in a tour . .

We use a hotspot as link to the start - most of tour-designers use a link back to start. Makes sense. See it in our tours on 360impressions.de

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:16 pm

klausesser wrote:
mediavets wrote:It is rather unconventional to offer a link directly/explicitly back to the start pano in a tour . .

We use a hotspot as link to the start - most of tour-designers use a link back to start. Makes sense. See it in our tours on 360impressions.de

best, Klaus

I don't see a 'Home' hotspot in this tour.

Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:55 pm

mediavets wrote:
klausesser wrote:

best, Klaus

I don't see a 'Home' hotspot in this tour.

Go through the tour - in the end you will find the hotspot:

Last edited by klausesser on Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:06 pm

klausesser wrote:Go through the tour - in the end you will find the hotspot:

I think PeterPandi was seeking to have a hotspot/link to the start (first pano) of the tour in a fixed position on the UI of every pano in the tour.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
PeterPandi

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by PeterPandi » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:58 pm

hi,
the thing is i am building a tour for an art exhibition and the structure i shot it (might do it different if i did it again) is with a master 360 pano in the center of the room + 4 half panos(180 degrees) for each window from which I link to jpeg pictures of the objects exposed, via hot spots.I want viewers to see the other windows, If i had done a full 360 pano for each window the story would be different...
mediavets: when i make the thumbnails they apear oddly (you know the 180 tours with curved ends...) an other option might be the pano list but that might not be that obvious for the internaut...
Klaus: the hotspot might be a solution, combined with a pano list, maybe a moving arrow in the corners...
guys thanks a lot for your help, im quite confident now! that does not mean ill sop making silly questions :)

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:46 pm

PeterPandi wrote:hi,
the thing is i am building a tour for an art exhibition and the structure i shot it (might do it different if i did it again) is with a master 360 pano in the center of the room + 4 half panos(180 degrees) for each window from which I link to jpeg pictures of the objects exposed, via hot spots.I want viewers to see the other windows, If i had done a full 360 pano for each window the story would be different...

I can't visualise it - can we see the work in progress?
Andrew Stephens

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:24 pm

mediavets wrote:
klausesser wrote:Go through the tour - in the end you will find the hotspot:

I think PeterPandi was seeking to have a hotspot/link to the start (first pano) of the tour in a fixed position on the UI of every pano in the tour.

You mean a fixed "home" button? Inside a pano itself?? Not on the site which contains the pano? Ok. :cool:

best, Klaus