impossible to rely on this application!  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
klausesser

Topic author
Liked in: 64 posts
Info

impossible to rely on this application!

by klausesser » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:49 pm

Honestly!

It´s really impossibel to use PTP for "real" work at the moment. Not only it swaps hotspot-view and default-view - it does it as it likes: sometimes it swaps and sometimes it doesn´t.
I generated a tour defining now the default-point as hotspot-view and vice-versa. Some nodes run correct then . . . and others don´t.

So i´m forced to do it all in the xml now . . . .

I´ll use the previous version now and suggest you test a bit more in-deep before releasing . . .

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

DArt
Kolor Team

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by DArt » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:36 pm

I am made test again and it fact it is not a bug only a problem of UI that is not very explicit.

When you click on a hotspot to a panorama, we will load this one using the transition set in the hotspot properties. The point of view displayed after loading depends of the transition.

1) Default: load the panorama default view

2) For transition that specify "panorama view" , it will be the default view.

3) For transition that specify "spot view" , it will be the hotspot view defined.

I have made a new bunch of test and we correctly respect that (with 1.5.0 and 1.5.1).

I am agree that is not very explicit (that is why I say in the other post that it was a bug) but it works like that, sorry for confusion. Could you check your hotspot transition settings and say us if it works as I said for you?

I modify the issue opened to change the UI in order to be more explicit and avoid confusing in future.

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:42 pm

DArt wrote:I am agree that is not very explicit (that is why I say in the other post that it was a bug) but it works like that, sorry for confusion. Could you check your hotspot transition settings and say us if it works as I said for you?

I modify the issue opened to change the UI in order to be more explicit and avoid confusing in future.

Hi!

I try to do another one - what kind of transition should i better use? You offer different kinds of transition - and i rely on that they work as they are named, no?
How you correct that issue is not of my interest - i need it work as it is expected to do.

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:14 pm

Ok - i set the transitions again: this time i use "ZoomIn SpotView to PanoView" - seems to work better . . .
What i don´t understand - and what might be causing the issue - when i use: "set as default parameters" it doesn´t set the parameters as default at all.
I have to set the transitions and all other kinds of settings again for each single node.
What´s also very uncomfortable: i have to go into the xml to change the default hotspots to the white pulsing circles - i can´t choose them in the editor.

best, Klaus

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:43 pm

Funny: this application does what it likes to do - not what i want it to do . .

I uncheck "custom color" for the hotspots - in the pano some hotspots come in "custom color". I set a hostpot view - the transition starts somewhere else. I set a hotspot with a starting angle of 10 - it starts with an angle of 90 . .

And then there are the hotspots themselves: ultra-mega-giga-ugly.

Not much fun - but lots of wastet time when building a tour . . . 6 to 7 times building a tour until it fits. And then editing the xml for changing the ugly hotspots to pulsing white circles and editing the rotation in xml to suit each pano in direction (not every pano needs to spin to the right - sometimes left suits better)

Related to the application´s price this isn´t really acceptable, to be honest.

best, Klaus

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:01 pm

klausesser wrote:And then editing the xml for changing the ugly hotspots to pulsing white circles ...
best, Klaus

What is the form/format of these pulsing white circles hotspot graphics.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:58 am

mediavets wrote:What is the form/format of these pulsing white circles hotspot graphics.

It´s a sequence - png. I don´t know where to place it in the template - and which template to use. I tried all . . no success.

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:40 am

klausesser wrote:
mediavets wrote:What is the form/format of these pulsing white circles hotspot graphics.

It´s a sequence - png. I don´t know where to place it in the template - and which template to use. I tried all . . no success.

best, Klaus

If you fancy sending me the sequence PNG I'll have a go at integrating it in the APT-style theme.

Do you just use a white variant or do you also have a black varaint?
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:03 am

mediavets wrote:
klausesser wrote:

best, Klaus

If you fancy sending me the sequence PNG I'll have a go at integrating it in the APT-style theme.

Do you just use a white variant or do you also have a black varaint?

Hi Andrew!

You can find the sequence here:
www.klausesser.de/spot0.png.zip
I only use the white variant.
Would be great to know where to place it in the template to use it in PTP :) - tried several times.
I use to change the buttons in the "Data/graphics/spots" folder after building the tour by duplicating the sequence to the amount of sequences which are in the folder, rename them to the names of the originals and replace them.

best to you and thanks in advance, Klaus

Last edited by klausesser on Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
jarane

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by jarane » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:34 am

@ Klaus,
I replaced the png files in the original PTP templates folder with my own files by using the exact names of those being replaced and was able to make it work.
(Pretty awkward but it worked).

Best,
E.C.