Polishing with krpano - any issues?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
MikeMcFarlane

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Polishing with krpano - any issues?

by MikeMcFarlane » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:26 pm

Hi, second question of the night. I'm finding Panotour Pro really useful for constructing large complex tours, but it is apparent from the outset that a lot of xml coding is necessary to produce something special. That's fine. I've got my head round creating themes which improve the look a lot. However, the full version of krpano offers a lot more control and plugins, such as google maps, which are really appealing.

I'm interested in the sort of workflow people are using. Do people start in Panotour then 'polish' the xml using krpano plugins etc, or are the more complex tours just created from scratch in xml?

If you are using Panotour to start, are there any pitfalls, problems, dubious code it produces etc?

Can I add the full version plugin code into the themes xml to automatically generate the tour, or will I always need to edit xml at the end?

Any sites or forum posts I should particularly check out?

Thank you.
Mike
Bio: Generation fluxer - farmer, mechatronics engineer, project manager, climbing shop manager, landscape photographer, programmer, virtual panographer, cyclist, life lover.
Twitter: MikeJMcFarlane
email: moo@moosooboo.com
www: www.moosooboo.com

no avatar
konakid

Info

by konakid » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:15 am

Bump!!!

klausesser

Liked in: 63 posts
Info

by klausesser » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:22 am

konakid wrote:Bump!!!

????

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
konakid

Info

by konakid » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:09 am

klausesser wrote:
konakid wrote:Bump!!!

????

best, Klaus

Just "bumping" the topic - asking again if anyone had some info regarding the original question.
Last edited by konakid on Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:31 am

MikeMcFarlane wrote:Hi, second question of the night. I'm finding Panotour Pro really useful for constructing large complex tours, but it is apparent from the outset that a lot of xml coding is necessary to produce something special. That's fine. I've got my head round creating themes which improve the look a lot. However, the full version of krpano offers a lot more control and plugins, such as google maps, which are really appealing.

Kolor has promised lots more 'plug-in' type functionality via the GUI in the next version, including Google maps support .

As you will be aware, PTP is essentially a command code generator for the krpano player and as such will support all the functionality of which ever version of the krpano player it incorporates; but not all that functionality can be accessed via the PTP GUI.

I'm interested in the sort of workflow people are using. Do people start in Panotour then 'polish' the xml using krpano plugins etc, or are the more complex tours just created from scratch in xml?

I think people here would use PTP to create the basic tour and then hand code to embellish it.

If you also have a krpano license I guess you could use a MAKE VTOUR droplet as an alternative starting point, although I think those droplets generate a very different structure of code than PTP, making heavy use of scenes.
http://krpano.com/docu/xml/#scene

If you are using Panotour to start, are there any pitfalls, problems, dubious code it produces etc?

The main thing to be aware of is that code added by any means other than editing templates will be overwritten (and lost) if you later rebuild the tour. But I'm sure you know that.

Can I add the full version plugin code into the themes xml to automatically generate the tour, or will I always need to edit xml at the end?

I don't know.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.