placing a video in PTP  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:07 am

Destiny wrote:emm.. animated gif's did not work for me, besides I do not like them.. they are a very old form of graphic... I have sent you my swf file.. As far as I know, you cannot put a transparent animated gif onto a swf file anyway.. It would not support the alpha channel so therefore it would be black.... Even if you used a transparent animated gif... With regards to a swf in iPod, yes I have tried to put them in too and swf does not work as direct upload, however I have never tried to see if it will work remotely..

D

You are not concentrating! :rolleyes:

See:
http://www.autopano.net/forum/p77700-yesterday-23-40-44#p77700

http://www.autopano.net/forum/p77701-today-00-21-38#p77701

http://www.autopano.net/forum/p77702-today-00-44-47#p77702

I agree that if you try and use an animated GIF as the Display/Object graphic for a point hotspot then the anmiation does not work when the tour is viewed.

But what I reported is that if you use a SWF animation as the Display/Object graphic for a point hotspot and export an iDevice compatible tour then when the tour is viewed on a platform that supports Flash you will see the SWF animation, but when the same tour is viewed on an iDevice (which does not support Flash) you will instead see an animated GIF.
Last edited by mediavets on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:18 am

hey.. I have just uploaded a test with two hotspots one a swf and the other is a yucky gif which looks black but sometimes thing change when they are online.. so I left it there for now... but.. I have never done a remote device like this before so I need you to see if you can open it and if the swf hot spot works...
http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/interactive/2/DestinyTestiPod.html
For some reason it will not load on my ipod.. I am sure the files size is small enough... but since I have never tried this it might me me on the ipod touch...

D

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:39 am

well.. It loaded on my iPod ok now, I typed in the wrong url... so I sent it to my gmail address and opened it from there... the swf hot spot works but it animates a bit slower.. The swf turned from white rings to black, that ok..I will do opposite and see if that changes it.. but it works fine.. a bit slow in animating but I can change that easily in Flash.. The yuck gif also animates but I did not put a url on that.. I just put it on there to see how it looked... It is black square with white rings... so both are opposite or their negative image.. which is interesting... The pano works fine but the image is small.. But on an iTablet with a bigger screen it would view much better.. but I have made the image a little small to load quick so it might pixulate on a bigger screen so I would be making my pano according to the viewing platform it was to be viewed on.. according the size of the screen... The url works on my swf hot spot too.. I just put this page on it.. its trying to open but on my iPod its struggling... but the link to this page shows up as trying to load...

Anyway.. it all works for me..

D

klausesser

Topic author
Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:16 am

Hey!

I´ll evaluate that circle-thing tomorrow - here´s the precisely placed video in the screen:

www.360impressions.de/orangecinema/zuerichbar.html (i used APT here instead of PTP because of the template which i like better).

Circles will be next step . . :cool: - and later a new template which keeps the look and works with PTP . . .

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:43 am

I just tried the hotspot url again and this page opened on my ipod.. :) I just double tapped and can read the comment above... soo cool.. I have never done any of this before..

D

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:01 am

It look really nice Klaus.. I am doing video too.. I have Adobe PremiereCS5 and Final Cut Pro so I have all the software to create and edit great movies.. Yours looks really cool.. did you use a flv for your movie CODEC/format..??? Might I suggest you put a pre-loader on this so the movie has a chance to load.. it is a bit slow my end but a pre-loader will fix that.. That way it looks more professional I think... When it opens the embedded movie is ready to play... Don't bother with a gif hotspot, they are rubbish... if you need me to edit a animated rings I can do that for you.. its just a matter of running a few test to get the best colour and animated sequence timing that looks best.. My rings work fine, I just double click it and it opens the url.. I put that ring hotspot under the window of the link above in other comments.. The gif hotspot I put on one of the white doors.. its yuck. its works though.. but I did not put a url on it but it would still work.. It just will not accept the alpha but there again, other software might make an animated gif that is supported buy ipod but there again, why should you when swf works fine.... Unfortunately I do not have an ipad so I cannot see it on that.. Besides, I made it too small for that.. it would pixulate,blurr.. I would need to make the image bigger for an ipad..

D

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:02 am

Hey Klaus.. I up'ed the frame rate to 24fps, also dropped a few key frame, as a normal link the hotspot fires along really fast. However, when it runs on my ipod, its really slow.. I do not know the reason for this... It might work better on an ipad...

D

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:13 am

mediavets wrote:You are not concentrating! :rolleyes:

But what I reported is that if you use a SWF animation as the Display/Object graphic for a point hotspot and export an iDevice compatible tour then when the tour is viewed on a platform that supports Flash you will see the SWF animation, but when the same tour is viewed on an iDevice (which does not support Flash) you will instead see an animated GIF.

Me not concentrating... cause me just girl..!!

On the other hand..... :rolleyes: Yes, I know Flash is not supported as a direct swf file.. However, as I understand it, it is when sat on top of a html platform and more so in html5.. I find it really hard to believe that the hardware can transform a Vector graphic into a basic Bitmap graphic... The two graphics are totally different.. A Vector graphic has not pixels. So, that one has lost me!! There again, you can turn a Vector into a Bitmap really easily but you cannot turn a Bitmap into a true Vector... So, perhaps the hardware only interoperate it as a gif rater than as a real gif...

D

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:54 am

well thats really strange.. You will have to tell me how quick the hotspot on this link work on your iDevice... I waked the fps up to 60 and it made no difference on my ipod..
The rest of it work fine... It has to be something within ptp...

D

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:37 am

Destiny wrote:
mediavets wrote:You are not concentrating! :rolleyes:

Me not concentrating... cause me just girl..!!

On the other hand..... :rolleyes: Yes, I know Flash is not supported as a direct swf file.. However, as I understand it, it is when sat on top of a html platform and more so in html5..

No, Flash is not supported on iDevices in any shape or form.

I find it really hard to believe that the hardware can transform a Vector graphic into a basic Bitmap graphic... The two graphics are totally different.. A Vector graphic has not pixels. So, that one has lost me!! There again, you can turn a Vector into a Bitmap really easily but you cannot turn a Bitmap into a true Vector... So, perhaps the hardware only interoperate it as a gif rater than as a real gif...

D

It's not the hardware transforming the graphic type.

When you check the Mobile compatibility option in PTP and exports a tour PTP creates two separate versions of the tour - one for platforms that support Flash and the other for iDevices which do not support Flash.

When you view the tour by accessing the HTML file a (Javascript) script is run to determine the browser user agent and depending on the value of the user agent the script loads the appropriate version of the tour.

If you view the tour on a regular desktop/laptop system (rather than an iDevice) using the Safari browser you can toggle the browser agent and you'll be able to see that a different version of the tour is loaded - see screenshots and note how a different hotspot graphic is displayed depending on user agent selected and hence version of tour being loaded.

PTP merely substitutes the black pulsing circles animated GIF point hotspot graphic in place of whatever SWF animation you may have chosen as a point hostpot display/object for the iDevice version of tour when it exports the tour - look in the <tourname>data/graphics/spots folder and you'll see both the SWF and the animated GIF files.

The reason the hotspot graphic is displayed in a different colour and pulses at a different rate on the iDevice in your tour is because it's not the SWF animation, it's an animated GIF. It's easier to appreciate what's happening if you use a SWF that nothing like pulsing circles and then you'll see that your SWF is simply replaced with the black pulsing circles animated GIF in the iDevice version of the exported tour.

Last edited by mediavets on Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:41 pm

mediavets wrote:It's easier to appreciate what's happening if you use a SWF that nothing like pulsing circles and then you'll see that your SWF is simply replaced with the black pulsing circles animated GIF in the iDevice version of the exported tour.

I don´t understand - you say the iDevice-part takes the black circles which are stored as animated GIFs: where are they? Where are they coming from? I tried to import white circle as .swf for "normal" use but didn´t succeed . . where do i get the white-circle animated GIF and where do i place it to be recognized by PTP?
As for now PTP just shows me it´s own spots. When i try to load self-made spots i can´t find them.

Actually i use AutoPanoTour to keep the look i use for the last 2 years. I´m just trying to build a template which looks like my usual templates - but it isn´t iDevice compatible.
Building a tour in PTP i don´t get my own template running.

I´m really pissed off about not having any documentation which is understandable.

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:55 pm

klausesser wrote:
mediavets wrote:It's easier to appreciate what's happening if you use a SWF that nothing like pulsing circles and then you'll see that your SWF is simply replaced with the black pulsing circles animated GIF in the iDevice version of the exported tour.

I don´t understand - you say the iDevice-part takes the black circles which are stored as animated GIFs: where are they? Where are they coming from?

PTP has the built-in ability internally to create/export them. You'll find them in the exported tour folder <tourname>data/graphis/spots

I tried to import white circle as .swf for "normal" use but didn´t succeed . .

You can use these custom SWF files as Display/Object/Other selections for point hotspots. And they will be displayed when viewing on platforms supported by Flash, but on iDevices you'll get the black animated GIF displayed.

where do i get the white-circle animated GIF and where do i place it to be recognized by PTP?
As for now PTP just shows me it´s own spots. When i try to load self-made spots i can´t find them.

Use Display/Object/other to select your custom SWF graphic. It doesn't matter where this file resides on the file system.

Actually i use AutoPanoTour to keep the look i use for the last 2 years.

That much is eeasy using the add-in APTstyle theme for PTP so long as you don't need/want idevice compability as well. And I've desc[ribed how to install that add-in APT style theme.

I´m just trying to build a template which looks like my usual templates - but it isn´t iDevice compatible.
Building a tour in PTP i don´t get my own template running.

I´m really pissed off about not having any documentation which is understandable.

I suggest you work from the add-in APTstyle theme and then add the additional functionalty you seek modelled on those features/functions in another theme - say, the 2D theme.
Last edited by mediavets on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
rbackhaus

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by rbackhaus » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:23 pm

Can I zoom in the hotspot editor with a laptop, windows 7,...no luck yet,...???

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:41 pm

rbackhaus wrote:Can I zoom in the hotspot editor with a laptop, windows 7,...no luck yet,...???

You should be able to zoom in the Hotspot and 3D Edtitors using Alt+scroll-wheel just as you do in the APP/APG Panorama Editor.

You can also 'pop' either of those panes to fullscreen and back again.
Last edited by mediavets on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
HansKeesom

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by HansKeesom » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:41 pm

Not sure if you already got video working.

I have video working at http://hanskeesom.com/panoramas/abc/

I use http://www.ipad-emulator.com/ to test it for Ipad and that looks good. Have no Ipad myself. Anyone cares to test the above link so I can know whether this emulator works

cheers,

Hans
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:05 pm

HansKeesom wrote:Not sure if you already got video working.

I have video working at http://hanskeesom.com/panoramas/abc/

I use http://www.ipad-emulator.com/ to test it for Ipad and that looks good. Have no Ipad myself. Anyone cares to test the above link so I can know whether this emulator works

cheers,

Hans

Hey Hans!

I got it run here: www.360impressions.de/orangecinema/zuerichbar.html

but it doesn´t run on iDevices.

best, Klaus

no avatar
HansKeesom

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by HansKeesom » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:36 pm

It is working on http://www.ipad-emulator.com/ so that would mean it is not a good emulator :(
....... You have tested it on ipad/iphone?
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:40 pm

Can you please explain this more...

mediavets wrote:That much is eeasy using the add-in APTstyle theme for PTP so long as you don't need/want idevice compability as well. And I've desc[ribed how to install that add-in APT style theme

Hey Hans.. getting video and circle hot spots to run is easy.. the issue is iDevices... Klaus needs to keep his theme going with clients... But there is an issue with iDevices...

D
Last edited by Destiny on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:33 pm

Destiny wrote:Can you please explain this more...

mediavets wrote:That much is eeasy using the add-in APTstyle theme for PTP so long as you don't need/want idevice compability as well. And I've described how to install that add-in APT style theme

D

Kolor has provided an add-in APTstyle theme for Panotour Pro that emulates the appearance of the navigation buttons in Autopano Tour:

http://www.autopano.net/forum/t10301-apt-menu-into-panotour-pro

This doesn't offer all the features of the default set of themes in Panotour Pro - no nav bar buttons for Help (something that didn't exist in Autopano Tour), and no set of static and animated point hotspot button graphics (which also didn't exist in Autopano Tour).

However if you take a look at the files that comprise the APTstyle theme and compare them with the files that comprise the 2D theme you can probably figure out how you could extend the APTstyle theme to match the features of the other themes, or create your own theme from scratch.
Last edited by mediavets on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:39 pm

Destiny wrote:Hey Hans.. getting video and circle hot spots to run is easy.. the issue is iDevices... Klaus needs to keep his theme going with clients... But there is an issue with iDevices...

D

And the answer to that is to extend the add-in APT style theme with animated point hotspt graphics of the form used in Panotour Tour themes.

Take a look at the files that comprise the 2D themes and you'll see how its animated hotspot graphics are made to function - and these work just the same in both Flash and idevice versions of a tour.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
rbackhaus

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by rbackhaus » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:34 pm

Thanks media,...I know the fullscreen "pop",....but I was hoping to zoom in more. I held alt and dragged my laptop touchpad but no help.

Klaus,...I dont think video will work yet on Idevices,....regarding hotspots,....use your white or black swf,..then use the white or black gif for idevices, the code would have to be as an "altsource"

<hotspot name="spot49" url="hotspotfolder/white.swf" alturl="hotspotfolder/white.gif"/>
Last edited by rbackhaus on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:41 pm

rbackhaus wrote:Thanks media,...I know the fullscreen "pop",....but I was hoping to zoom in more. I held alt and dragged my laptop touchpad but no help.

Then I guess you need a proper mouse.

Does the Alt+Drag on your laptop touchpad work to zoom in the APP/APG Panorama Editor?

Klaus,...regarding hotspots,....use your white or black swf,..then use the white or black gif for idevices, the code would have to be as an "altsource"

<hotspot name="spot49" url="hotspotfolder/white.swf" alturl="hotspotfolder/white.gif"/>

Please, please don't confuse poor Klaus any more than he is already confused by this stuff - he might blow a fuse.;)

The substitution of a black pulsing circles animated GIF for any custom SWF point hotspot graphic is quite automatic when exporting iDevice compatible tours.

I don't think Klaus will wish to edit all his hotspots code in the XML to change the graphics used for point hotspots for iDevice viewing.

A far better solution (in my opinion) is to create custom theme - based on the APTstyle theme - with the animated point hotspot graphics Klaus wants specified in the same way as the animated hotspot graphics in the default set of PTP themes as these seem to work just the same whether the tour is viewed on a Flash platform a=or an iDevice.
Last edited by mediavets on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:03 am

Hey Klaus.. I worked out how to put different coloured hot spots on an iDevice that look and work nicely and easy to put in .. do you still need to do this...??
The animated hotspots will only work on an iDevice.. If you open it up in your browser they will only show as coloured circles..

I made a demo Red, Blue, White and Black.. The pano is only made to size for my iPod.. so on an iPad it might be blurry.. Its only a demo to show the different coloured hot spots..

I am working on how to put video on easy too.. Unless you have already worked it out....

D...
Last edited by Destiny on Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:15 am

Destiny wrote:The animated hotspots will only work on an iDevice..
D...

I think Klaus would like a solution that enables the same effect/'look' on both iDevices and Flash devices.

And the way to do that is to use the same approach as is used for animated hotspot graphics in the default set of themes.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:28 am

oh.. show me a demo... So I can see on my iDevice and my browser.. I am still confused as to what you are doing...or saying...

D

PreviousNext