placing a video in PTP  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
klausesser

Topic author
Liked in: 64 posts
Info

placing a video in PTP

by klausesser » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:35 pm

Hi!

Yesterday i tried to place a video in a pano. A movie-screen is thought to play the video. It´s impossible to place it exactly inside the screen in the equirectangular image in a way that it fits into the movie-screen.
I tried to build the pano the same way as it already exists - but 1) the extremely ugly link-buttons are terrifying and setting hotspot-view and default view seem to be wrong: when i jump to zhe next node it starts at the default-view and ends at hotspot-view.

Of course i can correct that in the xml . . . . but then i can use KRPano instead of PTP.

Somebody posted a hotspot-sequence of the pulsing circles like in the previous versions of APT. I tried to use them instead of the #### :cool: which is included as hotspots . . . no success.

I definitely don´t want my panos to look this way.

So the switch to the actual PTP version makes it VERY uncomfortable to build tours in exactly the way we could do this in previous versions.
Building new tours for a client who already has some tours in the "old" look (buttons) it´s essential to build tours exactly in the "old" way - nobody of my clients like the new kind of buttons at all!

I tried to use my standard navigation buttons which i made in Photoshop in 2.5 - it´s a mess. They don´t scale between "normal" and "fulscreen" - when i switch to fullscreen the buttons are much too small.

i tried to correct that in the xml - but didn´t succeed. Even to place them exactly doesn´t work for me.

You made a very fine product - but it definitely has it´s madness. Maybe it´s simple to compensate - but without a documentation that deserves it´s name a product isn´t commercially/professionally useful.

How can i get the white pulsing circles back to be used as hotspots?? I tried to use the sequence of circles somebody linked here but it didn´t work.
I put the sequence into the PTP folder beneath the other hotspot-buttons . . no success.

This is the way it shold look like - www.360impressions.de/OrangeCinema/BaselTour.html - i´m going to link the way it looks the "new" look in an hour . . .

best, Klaus

here´s the PTP version: here it is: www.360impressions.de/OrangeCinema/BaselPlus.html
Last edited by klausesser on Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:00 pm

klausesser wrote:Somebody posted a hotspot-sequence of the pulsing circles like in the previous versions of APT. I tried to use them instead of the #### :cool: which is included as hotspots . . . no success.

Do you have that link for the APT-style pulsing circles? I'd like to have a look and see how one might use this with PTP.

Building new tours for a client who already has some tours in the "old" look (buttons) it´s essential to build tours exactly in the "old" way - nobody of my clients like the new kind of buttons at all!

I guess you are aware that Kolor has provided an 'add'in' APT-style navigation buttons theme for PTP?:
http://www.autopano.net/forum/t10301-apt-menu-into-panotour-pro

I tried to use my standard navigation buttons which i made in Photoshop in 2.5 - it´s a mess. They don´t scale between "normal" and "fulscreen" - when i switch to fullscreen the buttons are much too small.

i tried to correct that in the xml - but didn´t succeed. Even to place them exactly doesn´t work for me.

You made a very fine product - but it definitely has it´s madness. Maybe it´s simple to compensate - but without a documentation that deserves it´s name a product isn´t commercially/professionally useful.

How can i get the white pulsing circles back to be used as hotspots?? I tried to use the sequence of circles somebody linked here but it didn´t work.

You could create your own theme or extend the APT-style theme - take a look at the APT-style theme mentioned above, compare that with the default set of themes and I'm sure you'd be able to figure out how to do it.
Last edited by mediavets on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:10 pm

mediavets wrote:You could create your own theme or extend the APT-style theme - take a look at the APT-style theme mentioned above, compare that with the default set of themes and I'm sure you'd be able to figure out how to do it.

Hi Andrew!

Yes - i´m aware of that. But did you try to give an actual tour the same (!) look as one you made in the last summer?
Try it and let´s talk again . . ;):cool:

Or build an existing (!) tour again (!) using PTP instead of APT with the same look . . and tell me how much time it took you.

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:14 pm

mediavets wrote:I guess you are aware that Kolor has provided an 'add'in' APT-style navigation buttons theme for PTP?:
http://www.autopano.net/forum/t10301-apt-menu-into-panotour-pro

Yes - i´m aware of that also. Did you try to build your own theme with the "add in" in 2.5?
Last edited by klausesser on Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:24 pm

klausesser wrote:
mediavets wrote:You could create your own theme or extend the APT-style theme - take a look at the APT-style theme mentioned above, compare that with the default set of themes and I'm sure you'd be able to figure out how to do it.

Hi Andrew!

Yes - i´m aware of that. But did you try to give an actual tour the same (!) look as one you made in the last summer?
Try it and let´s talk again . . ;):cool:

Or build an existing (!) tour again (!) using PTP instead of APT with the same look . . and tell me how much time it took you.

best, Klaus

Here's a one pano 'tour' creted with PTP 1.5 using the add-in APT-style theme - choosing just the two buttons you usually use - and the black animated hostpot graphic from APT specified as the custom display/Object for the point hotspot (which can be anywher on the file system).

You could use your white animated hotspot graphic in the same way.

I think this shows that you could easily reproduce the same 'look' as you had with APT?

Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:42 pm

mediavets wrote:You could use your white animated hotspot graphic in the same way.

I see - thank you! Silly question: in which folder do i place the hotspots? Maybe i put them in the wrong folder when i tried to do what you did!
There are two seperate folders: "Kolor Templates" and "Templates". Which one is correct one for the purpose?

"choosing just the two buttons you usually use" i usually use the flash-animated buttons - the white pulsing circles which are included in all previous versions of APT. I guess i can´t choose them - can i?

best, Klaus

made a single pano after trying to place the video precisely into the movie-screen. Because one can´t zoom in the editor window an exact placing is nearly impossible.

www.360impressions.de/OrangeCinema/BaselFilm.html

"APT-style" folder: where to place on Mac OS10.6?
Last edited by klausesser on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:17 pm

klausesser wrote:made a single pano after trying to place the video precisely into the movie-screen. Because one can´t zoom in the editor window an exact placing is nearly impossible.

Yes you can zoom in the Hotspot Editor window.

First (if you wish) pop it up to fullscreen (screenshot 1).

Then you can zoom in/out using Alt+mouse-wheel-scroll just as in the Panorama Editor of APP/APG. Not sure how that's implemented on a Mac single-button/no-wheel mouse but I expect you know. Now that should be big enough to place the rectangular hotspot reasonably precisely? (screenshot 2).

Last edited by mediavets on Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:57 pm

klausesser wrote:
mediavets wrote:You could use your white animated hotspot graphic in the same way.

I see - thank you! Silly question: in which folder do i place the hotspots? Maybe i put them in the wrong folder when i tried to do what you did!
There are two seperate folders: "Kolor Templates" and "Templates". Which one is correct one for the purpose?

"choosing just the two buttons you usually use" i usually use the flash-animated buttons - the white pulsing circles which are included in all previous versions of APT. I guess i can´t choose them - can i?

best, Klaus

The 'two buttons you usually use ' I mentioned were the two buttons I showed on the APT-style nav bar in the example tour screenshot - Fullscreen and Rotation.

Now regarding the animated white pulsing circles hotspot hotspot graphic SWF file. You can have that SWF file anywhere in your filesystem because you will slecet it via the Display/Object/Other... file selection process. (screenshot 1)

"APT-style" folder: where to place on Mac OS10.6?

Use Edit/Open templates directory to open/locate the Templates directory/folder in which you need to place the various elements contained in the APT-style ZIP file. (screenshot 2)

UnZIP it (somewhere, doesn't matter where) and then copy the contents of the various folders into the similarly named (and structured) folders in the Templates directory. (screenshot 3)

Close and restart PTP and you should find the APT-style theme available form the drop down list. (screenshot 4)

Andrew Stephens

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:06 pm

mediavets wrote:Not sure how that's implemented on a Mac single-button/no-wheel mouse but I expect you know.

You mean the 5 button mouse with a 3D scrollball which is called the Apple Mighty Mouse (standard)? Or the one with integrated trackpad-surface which is called Apple Magic Mouse? :P:cool:
Anyway i prefer to use a tablet with a 5 button-pen . . ;)

Honestly: i tried to zoom in the editor hotspot-window using the classical ways: arrow-keys and scroll-wheel as well as some tablet-keys.

But i´ll give it a try again.

best, Klaus

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:30 pm

klausesser wrote:Honestly: i tried to zoom in the editor hotspot-window using the classical ways: arrow-keys and scroll-wheel as well as some tablet-keys.

But i´ll give it a try again.

best, Klaus

How do you zoom in the APP/APG Panorama Editor? - the same combination of keys/wheels/buttons or whatever should perform the same function in the PTP Hotspot Editor, at least it does with Windows 32-bit versions of APP/APG and PTP.

As I mentioned it's Alt+scroll-wheel with Windows XP.
Last edited by mediavets on Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:30 pm

Hi Andrew!

You´re completely right - my fault: i used a mouse with a deactivated scrollball . . . :rolleyes::cool:
Now i can zoom in very good for placing the video inside the movie-screen.

The button-thing i´ll check tonight (who needs sleep . . :cool:)

best, Klaus

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:35 pm

klausesser wrote:The button-thing i´ll check tonight (who needs sleep . . :cool:)

best, Klaus

Good luck...can you send me the white pulsing circles SWF please?
Andrew Stephens

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:39 pm

mediavets wrote:
klausesser wrote:The button-thing i´ll check tonight (who needs sleep . . :cool:)

best, Klaus

Good luck...can you send me the white pulsing circles SWF please?

Yep - i´ll have to look for them.

best, Klaus

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:00 pm

Hey Andrew!

You can find it here - that´s what i found:
www.360impressions.de/hotspot_ani_white_64x64x20.png
www.360impressions.de/hotspot_ani_black_64x64x20.png

I´ll have to make a sequence from it first. Didn´t find one.

best, Klaus

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:57 pm

klausesser wrote:Hey Andrew!

You can find it here - that´s what i found:
www.360impressions.de/hotspot_ani_white_64x64x20.png
www.360impressions.de/hotspot_ani_black_64x64x20.png

I´ll have to make a sequence from it first. Didn´t find one.

best, Klaus

You'll find the white variant here:
http://www.360impressions.de/OrangeCinema/BaselTourdata/graphics/spots/spot0.swf
Last edited by mediavets on Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:49 am

klausesser wrote:Hi!

Hi Klaus...

I sent you an email with Circle.swf attached, I made it about right I think.. but if you need a different colour or a bit more editing then let me know.. When you are in ptp, go to other for you hotspot and chose a swf file.. Mine defaults at 100x100 but if you want it bigger you can in ptp.. You might see it run very slow as a swf but if you put it into ptp its ok... don't know why that is.. I will play with speed and tweening a bit more to find out why...

D :)

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:39 am

Hey boys.. I am starting to play with interactive content within my VR movies.. This ticket seem to be on those lines...

Check this link out.. don't take any notice of the stitching, I realise its not right but I wanted a test image to use.. I am having problems with my XY to put the cursor on the interactive sea creature but I do not think it is possible in virtual space since its is a variable factor..

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/interactive/DestinyInteractiveTest.html

D

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:28 am

A very interesting thing when putting video into a Pano... I just did with audio.. I can site there viewing the movie but as I turn the scene the sound fads away as if I were walking away.. This feature is really really cool... It provides more realism.. easy to put video on a TV screen within the scene.... or as the projector above which looks really cool.. it loads a bit slow though.. perhaps you will need to use a different CODEC...

D

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:49 am

Destiny wrote:A very interesting thing when putting video into a Pano... I just did with audio.. I can site there viewing the movie but as I turn the scene the sound fads away as if I were walking away.. This feature is really really cool... It provides more realism.. easy to put video on a TV screen within the scene.... or as the projector above which looks really cool.. it loads a bit slow though.. perhaps you will need to use a different CODEC...

D

You just need to optimise your video to reduce the file size and hence the lod time - that some combination of image size and CODEC and bitrate.

What are you using to create the video?
Andrew Stephens

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:24 pm

Destiny wrote:
klausesser wrote:Hi!

Hi Klaus...

I sent you an email with Circle.swf attached, I made it about right I think.. but if you need a different colour or a bit more editing then let me know.. When you are in ptp, go to other for you hotspot and chose a swf file.. Mine defaults at 100x100 but if you want it bigger you can in ptp.. You might see it run very slow as a swf but if you put it into ptp its ok... don't know why that is.. I will play with speed and tweening a bit more to find out why...

D :)

Hi Destiny!

Thank you for sending me the circle.swf! I already have some of them in white and in black - i the point is: they don´t work in PTP as i experienced. And they definitely can´t work with an iDevice-version pano - iPad/-Phone/-Pod can´t handle Flash files (.swf).

best, Klaus

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:20 pm

klausesser wrote:Hi Destiny!

Thank you for sending me the circle.swf! I already have some of them in white and in black - i the point is: they don´t work in PTP as i experienced. And they definitely can´t work with an iDevice-version pano - iPad/-Phone/-Pod can´t handle Flash files (.swf).

best, Klaus

That's not quite the case.

http://www.autopano.net/forum/p77701-today-00-21-38#p77701

http://www.autopano.net/forum/p77702-today-00-44-47#p77702
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:50 pm

klausesser wrote:Thank you for sending me the circle.swf! I already have some of them in white and in black - i the point is: they don´t work in PTP as i experienced. And they definitely can´t work with an iDevice-version pano - iPad/-Phone/-Pod can´t handle Flash files (.swf).

best, Klaus

emm... sorry Klaus, but they do in ptp... I did it yesterday.. If you check this link out with my wearied interactive sea creature, look above the window.. you will see the hot spot you are talking about, I linked it to my email address... I checked it out on my husbands PC and it works fine.. http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/interactive/DestinyInteractiveTest.html

No one made comment about my xy problem... You can move your mouse and sea creature follow your mouse as you move it.. If you put the right hand corner of the window in the centre of view, its the only time I get the mouse over the sea creature so perhaps in virtual space it cannot be done.. Well.. its was worth the experiment anyway..

As for iPad, I am sure they will too but you have to make sure you put an alpha channel on the first layer set to 1... but there again.. I have not tried.. I have an iPod thing which is looks the same as an iPhone, I will upload something and try it out.. The problem is, touch interactive works a bit different, like a kiosk.. If I had Director I could probably do it but I only have a window version not a Mac.. shame...

Any, try my swf Klaus.. others might not have made it right so it did not work for you.. but mine does, I tested it as you can see.. I even put it there for YOU to see.. ;) Destiny is learning VR stuff, but she knows her Multimedia much better....

D
Last edited by Destiny on Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:09 pm

Destiny wrote:
klausesser wrote:Thank you for sending me the circle.swf! I already have some of them in white and in black - i the point is: they don´t work in PTP as i experienced. And they definitely can´t work with an iDevice-version pano - iPad/-Phone/-Pod can´t handle Flash files (.swf).

best, Klaus

emm... sorry Klaus, but they do in ptp...

D

Destiny,

Klaus is correct in stating that iDevices don't support Flash so cannot display SWF files - on the other hand if you specify a SWF animated hotspot Display/Object graphic in PTP and export an iDevice compatible tour then when you view the tour using an iDevice you will get an animated hotspot displayed BUT it's not the SWF file but an animated GIF (and when I tried it my SWF was white and the animated GIF was black).
Last edited by mediavets on Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:37 pm

emm.. animated gif's did not work for me, besides I do not like them.. they are a very old form of graphic... I have sent you my swf file.. As far as I know, you cannot put a transparent animated gif onto a swf file anyway.. It would not support the alpha channel so therefore it would be black.... Even if you used a transparent animated gif... With regards to a swf in iPod, yes I have tried to put them in too and swf does not work as direct upload, however I have never tried to see if it will work remotely..

D
Last edited by Destiny on Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:55 pm

one point I should make... since kolor does not allow their software to create the fla file, we are restricted somewhat as to the parameters we can set the remote devices to... Flash as you you can create content for remote devices including iPods.. but you set it all up at the time of creation... I will make a pano today, as a remote device capabilities and see if my hotspot will work.... The good new I hear, is that kolor will eventually be adapting their software to create the fla file and then we can do all kinds of things... crazy things.. :) when I can I will play with html5 which might solve a few issues with remote devices when it comes to video, swf etc...

D

Next