Question  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
klausesser

Topic author
Liked in: 64 posts
Info

Question

by klausesser » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:19 pm

Hi!

I´m working on a pano - www.360impressions.de/Hafen/Hafen85.html- which i didn´t render as a full sphere but cut sky and ground some degree.
APG writes the limited angle into the exifs and PTP uses the limitation when it makes it inzteractive. VERY GOOD!
But i can´t activate"mobile devices" - and i need it to work on iPad.

Any idea? :cool:

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:18 pm

The Mobile compatibility feature in PTP only works with panos that have a FOV of 360x180.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:11 am

mediavets wrote:The Mobile compatibility feature in PTP only works with panos that have a FOV of 360x180.

Ah - ok! then i must render a whole sphere (with empty parts) and limit the angle in the xml i guess . .

Thank you, Andrew!

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
rbackhaus

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by rbackhaus » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:18 am

Klaus,
That is correct,..you can photo shop or gimp the blank spaces and limit the view. It will work.
Rob

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:53 am

rbackhaus wrote:Klaus,
That is correct,..you can photo shop or gimp the blank spaces and limit the view. It will work.
Rob

Hey Rob!

Thanks! I did so already with usual Flash pano - but when i tried to limit a vertical fov in the xml of the mobile version it didn´t work . . . guess i should do it again . . ;):cool: Maybe the syntax changed.

best, Klaus

no avatar
rbackhaus

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by rbackhaus » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:01 pm

limits will work, iphone seems to be more sensitive to code errors

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:29 pm

rbackhaus wrote:limits will work, iphone seems to be more sensitive to code errors

This suggests that it should be possible to have the crop feature in PTP generate iDevice compatible code?
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:52 pm

mediavets wrote:
rbackhaus wrote:limits will work, iphone seems to be more sensitive to code errors

This suggests that it should be possible to have the crop feature in PTP generate iDevice compatible code?

Doesn´t work. iDevice compatibility seems to need a full sphere - you can limit the vert./hor. fov in the xml, but you´ll get a big file though (as you have showing a full sphere).

see it here - done with the KRPanotools: http://www.klausesser.de/360impressions/SchlossEller/iPad.html (only using an iPad/Phone the vertical angle is limited in the stairway)

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:23 pm

klausesser wrote:
mediavets wrote:

Doesn´t work. iDevice compatibility seems to need a full sphere - you can limit the vert./hor. fov in the xml, but you´ll get a big file though (as you have showing a full sphere).
best, Klaus

Yes, it requires 360x180 pano FOV, but as I understand it the PTP crop is a virtual crop which generates FOV limiting XML - but it seems from your reports that the XML it generates is not (yet) iDevice compatible, yet it is possible to code iDevice compatible FOV limits.

So what I was trying to say is that it should apparently be possible for Kolor to modify the XML generated by the PTP crop tool so that it is iDevice compatible?

The output tiles may not be that big because won't the 'blank' areas compress quite efficiently?
Last edited by mediavets on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:52 pm

Hi Andrew!

You´re right! The problem is: when i limit the angle in xml i nevertheless have to build and store a whole sphere.
In my case - the "Hafen85.html" it upsizes the datafolder (containing the image tiles) from about 240MB to about 450MB - though you can see just the same as in the cut-version . . which doesn´t run on mobiles.

I´m just uploading the mobile-version and will post the URL here when it´s finished (loads for about 1 1/2 hours now . . and will take quite a time to go i bet . . :cool:)

Would be great to be able to use the crop-version to present it on iPad - could save much time and webspace.

best, Klaus