HELP please about button language options  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Neyo

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

HELP please about button language options

by Neyo » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:08 am

Hi to everyone,
I am new in your forum and after I bought the panotour pro software I decided to read your posts before ask to you, but unfortunately (in search option) I no found any info about my doubt.
I ask to you how I can create two buttons language before to open a virtual tour.
I desire to create this pano.
http://www.torun.pl/spacer/
When I click on a link/virtual, I want to see a video in gray color with inside two buttons language. One in english and one in japanese.
How I can to do it? How I can create the button with one language.
I don't think I must to download to my client two series of panorama with embeded language, I don't think , in this way it will be an heavy project.
I think it's possible to build one serier of virtual tour , but I don't know as I can to choise the language in the beginner
I hope you understand my question as I hope you will hep me in this post.
Many thanks in advance to all will answer me.
Last edited by Neyo on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:35 am

Welcome to the forum...

Do you have Panotour or Panotour Pro?
Last edited by mediavets on Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

asafmordechai

Info

by asafmordechai » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:18 am

nice idea.
I would like to now too Hebrew/English.
I have Panotour Pro.

no avatar
Neyo

Topic author
Info

by Neyo » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:30 pm

mediavets wrote:Welcome to the forum...
Do you have Panotour or Panotour Pro?

I have Panotour Pro, do you think can help me? I hope.

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:04 am

If you have Panotour Pro that means you can externalise the XML and I expect with some clever coding (and perhaps some Javascipt) you could effect some 'language-sensitive switching'. If you what to attempt this then it's probably best to seek guiidance on the krpano forum:
http://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?l=2

But I feel that it would be far simpler just to create two versions of the tour - one in/for each language; and then some simple preamble/preview (a simple third tour perhaps?) that offered the user a choice of language options to switch thereafter to one language variant or the other other.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
Neyo

Topic author
Info

by Neyo » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:19 am

mediavets wrote:If you have Panotour Pro that means you can externalise the XML and I expect with some clever coding (and perhaps some Javascipt) you could effect some 'language-sensitive switching'. If you what to attempt this then it's probably best to seek guiidance on the krpano forum:
http://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?l=2
But I feel that it would be far simpler just to create two versions of the tour - one in/for each language; and then some simple preamble/preview (a simple third tour perhaps?) that offered the user a choice of language options to switch thereafter to one language variant or the other other.

Do you think it's impossible to create a pano as the link? As you note , you can see the first "page" and you can choise the language. How I can add this first page?

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:18 am

Neyo wrote:Do you think it's impossible to create a pano as the link? As you note , you can see the first "page" and you can choise the language. How I can add this first page?

I'm confused.

Are you saying you want to create something like this? Or are you saying this is what you have created but you want it to be different in some way?
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
Neyo

Topic author
Info

by Neyo » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:51 pm

mediavets wrote:
Neyo wrote:Do you think it's impossible to create a pano as the link? As you note , you can see the first "page" and you can choise the language. How I can add this first page?

I'm confused.
Are you saying you want to create something like this? Or are you saying this is what you have created but you want it to be different in some way?

I am saying, I want to create something like this. I desire to put a mask before open the virtual and in this mask I will put the buttons/language. After I push the button/lunguage I prefer, than the virtual will open with the language preferred.
It's possible to do it?
Thanks.

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:02 pm

Neyo wrote:I am saying, I want to create something like this. I desire to put a mask before open the virtual and in this mask I will put the buttons/language. After I push the button/lunguage I prefer, than the virtual will open with the language preferred.
It's possible to do it?
Thanks.

The whole tour is very impressive with many advanced features, but I think just creating a way to select between two different language versions of a tour should be relatively easy.

Basically:

1. Create a separate tour for each language variant; and export each to a separate folder.

2. Create a third tour with just one 'pano' - this is the pano/page from which you select from the availbale language variants. Create a hotspot with a custom graphic for each language option and link each to the URL for appropriate tour. You'll need to use the URL of the tour as it will be when on-line.

Each of the 3 tours will need to be in separate folder/directory to avoid filename conflicts and accidental overwriting of files.

What do you think?
Last edited by mediavets on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
Neyo

Topic author
Info

by Neyo » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:30 am

Yeah maybe it would be a solution , but if I do 3 tours, it's means I will delivery 3 folders too heavy even if at today I no understood if I must delivery all folders that create Panotour Pro. In the past I delivered with Pano2Vr only 2 files, one html and one swf. Now I understood the folders with cubes are important, but I don't know exactly what I must delivery to my clients. Also I think to delivery all folders, it will be dangerous because someone can "touch" some files and all panos linked will not works. So, at last, turning to the language, maybe I think there is another solution, but please help me to find it. My idea is: it's possible to put two buttons inside the pano and putting the pictures with the flags people will decide the language with two different voices. I explain you better. People enter inside tour and then can decide (pushing the buttons) if desire to hear one or other language. It would be a solutions?? One tour , two voice/language.
Thanks again

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:33 am

Neyo wrote:So, at last, turning to the language, maybe I think there is another solution, but please help me to find it. My idea is: it's possible to put two buttons inside the pano and putting the pictures with the flags people will decide the language with two different voices. I explain you better. People enter inside tour and then can decide (pushing the buttons) if desire to hear one or other language. It would be a solutions?? One tour , two voice/language.
Thanks again

Then you'll have to do it with custom coding.

I did a quick search of the krpano forum and found this, it may be relevant:
http://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=457&highlight=languages
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
Neyo

Topic author
Info

by Neyo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:42 pm

mediavets wrote:
Neyo wrote:So, at last, turning to the language, maybe I think there is another solution, but please help me to find it. My idea is: it's possible to put two buttons inside the pano and putting the pictures with the flags people will decide the language with two different voices. I explain you better. People enter inside tour and then can decide (pushing the buttons) if desire to hear one or other language. It would be a solutions?? One tour , two voice/language.
Thanks again

http://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=457&highlight=languages

Hi, I have read in the forum krpano , they use to put an intro screen that include two buttons languages (before to enter in the virtual). My question is: can I add an intro screen with Panotour Pro, because I don't have KrPano . Thanks again.

no avatar
Neyo

Topic author
Info

by Neyo » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:34 pm

Neyo wrote:
mediavets wrote:
Thanks again

Hi, I have read in the forum krpano , they use to put an intro screen that include two buttons languages (before to enter in the virtual). My question is: can I add an intro screen with Panotour Pro, because I don't have KrPano . Thanks again.

Please someone can give some suggestions about buttons/language to add into a intro screen before the virtual.
How I can do it.

no avatar
Neyo

Topic author
Info

by Neyo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:20 am

Please someone can give some suggestions about buttons/language to add into a intro screen before the virtual.
How I can do it.
Many thanks in advance