Croping/set Pitch  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Marv

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Croping/set Pitch

by Marv » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:07 am

FYI. I am using the HTML Template "generic.html". (Not that it matters). V1.2.0 RC2

I see that you can "Crop" the top and bottom of an image in the Hotspot editor... and limit the pitch of what the viewer can see. Great... that's just what I need. Nice feature... thanks. But it no work.

I cropped the top and bottom (even hit enter on 2nd test to and make it took)... but it did not crop the image on rendering.
Am I doing something Wrong, or is this because I have "generic.html" selected, or a bug?

Marv.
Marv...

Nikon D700, Nikor 10.5mm DX (Shaved), Nikor 12-24mm DX, Modified Nodal NN180, Home made Nodal Ninja NN5 type Pano head, Really Right Stuff Plate & Clamps, Windows XP.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:00 am

Works fine for me - as you can see in the 3D Editor panel and in the browser- with Panotour Pro RC2 on Windows XP/32.

Last edited by mediavets on Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
Marv

Topic author
Info

by Marv » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:14 pm

I also have Panotour Pro RC2 on Windows XP/32.

Yes, I saw that in another post. That looks like what I did... but it didn't take.
After you 'Crop", do you have to hit "enter" or do anything to get it to "do" the crop command?

NOTE: Not that it matters... I AM NOT using any menues on my Pano screen like you did.
Marv...

Nikon D700, Nikor 10.5mm DX (Shaved), Nikor 12-24mm DX, Modified Nodal NN180, Home made Nodal Ninja NN5 type Pano head, Really Right Stuff Plate & Clamps, Windows XP.

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:30 pm

Marv wrote:After you 'Crop", do you have to hit "enter" or do anything to get it to "do" the crop command?

No. It doesn't actually crop the image it just sets limits to viewing - but I think you know that.

Are you using a Little planet intro?

On a hunch I just explored that and discover that if you use a Little planet intro it overides the crop on the first pano (but not other panos) in the tour when it is first displayed.

If you later return to that first pano then the crop is functional.

This looks like a bug to me.
Last edited by mediavets on Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
Marv

Topic author
Info

by Marv » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:17 pm

mediavets wrote:Are you using a Little planet intro?

On a hunch I just explored that and discover that if you use a Little planet intro it overides the crop on the first pano (but not other panos) in the tour when it is first displayed.

If you later return to that first pano then the crop is functional.

This looks like a bug to me.

Bingo... That's the problem. Yes... I was useing "Little Planet Intro". With-out "Little Planet Intro" it works fine.

Andrew... you want to report that as a bug or you want me too?

Many thanks for discovering that.
Marv.
Marv...

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:41 pm

Marv wrote:Andrew... you want to report that as a bug or you want me too?

Marv.

Please make the report.

Andrew
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
Marv

Topic author
Info

by Marv » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:51 am

Ok... ran into another problem... I now have another project I'm redoing, and I am NOT using the Little Planet Intro.

"Input field of view" is set for 360x180 for all panos.
I did have to set the "Input field of view" to 180 Vertical when I added the correct amount of gray to 2 original 360x 90 panos and cropped them in the Hotspot Editor (used another full 360x180 as a template). (Bottom left image was my single pano test image in thread above).

With the "Mobile device compatibility" box checked... I rendered... but I'm not getting what I would expect in files... as most image folders contain what I would get with-out the "Mobile device compatibility" box checked.
These files do not look correct.

What did I miss.

Last edited by Marv on Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marv...

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:21 pm

Marv wrote:With the "Mobile device compatibility" box checked... I rendered... but I'm not getting what I would expect in files... as most image folders contain what I would get with-out the "Mobile device compatibility" box checked.
These files do not look correct.

What did I miss.

I may be mistaken but I thought that when you check the 'mobile device compatibility' box you get two sets of output created - one set for normal browers supporting Flash and the other for iDevices - combined with the generic HTML template you then have a tour which will automatically detect whether the user is attempting to view the tour with a conventional browser supporting Flash or an iDevice and deliver the appropriate content.

Would that explain what you see?
Last edited by mediavets on Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
Marv

Topic author
Info

by Marv » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:14 pm

mediavets wrote:I may be mistaken but I thought that when you check the 'mobile device compatibility' box you get two sets of output created - one set for normal browers supporting Flash and the other for iDevices - combined with the generic HTML template you then have a tour which will automatically detect whether the user is attempting to view the tour with a conventional browser supporting Flash or an iDevice and deliver the appropriate content. Would that explain what you see?

You are correct on how it should work... and that is the problem. You get two sets of files (maybe more)... and when the viewer goes to your site one of the main files determines which device they are using and then uses the correct files.

See "Rug" screen shot... You get:
A main folder for each of 6 cube faces folders. Inside each main cube face folder is 2 images.... 1ea-"tablet face.jpg" & "mobile face.jpg" and 2 folders... one folder labeled "0" contains the standard cube face view, and the other folder labeled "1" is the cube face view broken into 4 parts (the 4 parts = 1 cube face view).

With Mobile device selected... you get 6 files and 2 folders in the main directory, for a total 50 files in 21 folders.
For my "Convention Center" pano in the screen shot I got 15 files and 2 folders in the main folder, for a total of 317 files in 51 folders. But... I should have had 55 files in 18 folders for each of the 10 pano's. Total is a minimum 550 of files in 180 folders just for the cube faces. Look at my screen shot and you will see what I mean.

NOTE 1:
You will notice that I'm not only missing my "1" folder... but my "0" folder appears to be my "1" folder with 2 partial images in it.

NOTE 2:
On the very first Pano listed which is also the first pano that comes up on the VT Tour... there is a 3rd folder with 16 images.

I have re-rendered (including from a cold boot) with the same results.

Thoughts:
Is it possible it does not like 8 of my 360x180 panos? (It should. At least 5 are perfect Panos).
Is it possible there is some setting I missed?

Marv.

Last edited by Marv on Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marv...

no avatar
Marv

Topic author
Info

by Marv » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:25 pm

Ok Guys... I have been testing more... until I drove my self crazy. I can not find what is causing the problem... this is what I have tried so far. I'm open to ideas. Is anyone tried multi panos in a project with Informational pop ups?
The Panos that I'm trying this on are. (These are non "Mobile Device) http://www.highsierraproductions.com/panoramaAHBall.htm and http://www.highsierraproductions.com/panoramaMammoth.htm

NOTE: All settings remained the same.
1. The first "Tacoma Convention Center" pano in the VT always renders ok and makes 3-4 sub folders for each cube face. But attempts to renders 1 other Pano... and that one is messed up as discribe above. in the last screen shot with the red arrow. (Always same pano).
2. So far all seperate panos in the VT I tried rendered ok by them self. (But no additional hot spots were added for information like the final 8 pano VT).
3. I tried the First Pano and another one and linked together... and low and behold... the first Pano now has a 4th cube folder with 65 files in it (if all 65 files were combined, they would form 1 cube face). 2nd pano ok with 3 cube face folders. (But no additional hot spots were added for information like the final 8 pano VT).
4. Added 3rd pano (the one mentioned in #1 above that made weird cube faces) and low and behold... it rendered ok this time with 3 cube faces. (But no additional hot spots were added for information like the final 8 pano VT).
5. I ran a test on my Mammoth 8 Pano VT and it also only made 3 ea cube face folder on the first pano and no other panos.
Last edited by Marv on Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marv...