A tour with 70 images, is it possible?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
pu2wxp

A tour with 70 images, is it possible?

by pu2wxp » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:33 pm

I have a query from a client to create a tour with 70 images!
Is there any limitation in Panotour PRO?

will be possible to create this tour with this size?

We will need something special to host it?
Luciano Correa
Vista Panoramica
Campos do Jordao SP Brasil

asafmordechai

by asafmordechai » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:39 pm

look at that.
i have a problem of the hebrew font, but the tour is working 65 images 35 MB.

http://www.autopano.net/forum/t10555-problem-after-export-the-name-is-different

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:42 pm

pu2wxp wrote:I have a query from a client to create a tour with 70 images!

How large - resolution and filesize - will each of the pano images be?

I suspect it will depend on the size - resolution and filesize - of each of the 70 pano images AND how much RAM your PC/Mac has that you will be using to create the tour.

Don't try and embed everything when building the tour.

I don't think so.

Whether it is 'sensible' to have 70 panos in a single tour is another matter...I am trying (and failing) to envisage a single VT that would require/need/justify 70 panos....just the navigation would be a 'nightmare'.
Last edited by mediavets on Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

pu2wxp

by pu2wxp » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:23 pm

mediavets wrote:
pu2wxp wrote:I have a query from a client to create a tour with 70 images!

How large - resolution and filesize - will each of the pano images be?

I suspect it will depend on the size - resolution and filesize - of each of the 70 pano images AND how much RAM your PC/Mac has that you will be using to create the tour.

Don't try and embed everything when building the tour.

I don't think so.

Whether it is 'sensible' to have 70 panos in a single tour is another matter...I am trying (and failing) to envisage a single VT that would require/need/justify 70 panos....just the navigation would be a 'nightmare'.

Hi Andrew,

This is the story ...

My client wants 10 images from the main street of the city linked in, and images of 60 stores in the route. So each picture of the street would have six stores linked.
I am thinking about of rendering images of street with 28.000x14.000 and internal with 18.000x6.000 pixels.
Because I need to publish them on 360Cities and Google Earth too.

But of course I might not need to use it all on local tour.

The COMPUTE OPTIMAL SIZE of an image with a width of 28,000 this is below:

But I thought I would use this setting:

I'm using an iMac 24 "Core 2 Duo 2.8MHZ with 6 GB of RAM

What you think?
Luciano Correa
Vista Panoramica

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:27 pm

pu2wxp wrote:This is the story ...

My client wants 10 images from the main street of the city linked in, and images of 60 stores in the route. So each picture of the street would have six stores linked.

So perhaps make 10 tours and front them with another?
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

pu2wxp

by pu2wxp » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:38 pm

mediavets wrote:
pu2wxp wrote:This is the story ...

So perhaps make 10 tours and front them with another?

I did not understand,

You say to build 10 separate tours and then have an external link to each one?

This would be possible?
Luciano Correa
Vista Panoramica

no avatar
rbackhaus

by rbackhaus » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:50 am

maybe what media vets is saying or not,....create the 10 tours, Im assuming each tour/streetssection will have 6 tours of some business. You would just need to create a hotspots linking to and back from each of the seperate tours you create and hand code/edit the hotspot to reflect that folder. You could add the hotspot initially and code it afterwards. So from your first tour you could link to the xml of a second seperate tour(tour2 for example in the below code). Though it might be easier to do it all in one tour, this would work if need be.

<hotspot name="spot11" onclick=" loadpanorama(tour2/harb12.xml,null,null,BLEND(1));......

rob

pu2wxp

by pu2wxp » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:17 pm

rbackhaus wrote:maybe what media vets is saying or not,....create the 10 tours, Im assuming each tour/streetssection will have 6 tours of some business. You would just need to create a hotspots linking to and back from each of the seperate tours you create and hand code/edit the hotspot to reflect that folder. You could add the hotspot initially and code it afterwards. So from your first tour you could link to the xml of a second seperate tour(tour2 for example in the below code). Though it might be easier to do it all in one tour, this would work if need be.

<hotspot name="spot11" onclick=" loadpanorama(tour2/harb12.xml,null,null,BLEND(1));......

rob

Rob,

Thank you dude!

It is a nice thing to do, I think!
Luciano Correa
Vista Panoramica

pu2wxp

by pu2wxp » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:27 pm

rbackhaus wrote:maybe what media vets is saying or not,....create the 10 tours, Im assuming each tour/streetssection will have 6 tours of some business. You would just need to create a hotspots linking to and back from each of the seperate tours you create and hand code/edit the hotspot to reflect that folder. You could add the hotspot initially and code it afterwards. So from your first tour you could link to the xml of a second seperate tour(tour2 for example in the below code). Though it might be easier to do it all in one tour, this would work if need be.

rob

Hi Rob,

I make a change to another tour, calling XML of another tour.

ok, but I have two restaurants here on the same client which I call the tours, but the link must function as a hotspot, but starting a new tour as a "<plugin name =" logo ", calling the HTML of another tour.

I handle this code to call the XML and it worked perfect, but this way it loads the image of another tour, but does not carry other elements such as logo, combobox, thumbnail menu, etc..
So I need to call another html to load the same page, so to open the new tour with all its elements.

See safari0.xml, but I need to call the safari.html
Code: Select all
<hotspot name="spot2" hview="-0" vview="0" fovview="90" hcenter="210.852183" vcenter="-3.4105" onclick="action(closeglobalobjects);set(plugin[data].autorotate,get(autorotate.enabled));set(autorotate.enabled,false);ifnot (stopSequence === undefined,action(interruptAnimation););lookto(get(hcenter),get(vcenter),get(view.fovmin),smooth(400,20,100));loadpanorama(safari0.xml,null,null,BLEND(1));lookat(get(panoview.h),get(panoview.v),get(panoview.fov));set(autorotate.enabled,get(plugin[data].autorotate));" url="perettidata/graphics/spots/spot1.png" onhover="showtext(Conheça nossa outra casa!);" ath="210.148" atv="-3"/>

Thank you for help!
Luciano Correa
Vista Panoramica

no avatar
rbackhaus

by rbackhaus » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:29 pm

Are you just looking to link/open to another html page like this?????

<hotspot name="spot2" onclick="openurl(http://www.tour.com/safari.html,_blank)"/>

If you want to keep all on the same web page you could just copy the xml you want to keep from one restaurants xml to the others, you just have to watch where your logos and hotspots are being called from. You may have to copy the folder where your logo and hotspot icon is and copy it to the the second tour folder and maybe edit the xml and hotspot paths so they can be found.

pu2wxp

by pu2wxp » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:45 am

Yes, exactly, I want to keep all on the same web page!

Look, I have 2 tours and 2 web sites!

1- Osteria: http://www.vistapanoramica.com.br/mobile/osteria/peretti.html

2- Safari: http://www.vistapanoramica.com.br/mobile/tour-safari/safari.html

Both will be on site of each restaurant.
But the client wants the user to enter the Safari tour, and a way to user can also visit the Osteria's tour.
But without leaving the site of restaurant Safari.

The opposite also.

The user on the site of the restaurant Osteria, can visit the Safari tour without leaving the page at the Osteria.

Got it?

Working with this there is no monotony, every job brings a new challenge to meet customer needs.

I like it!
Luciano Correa
Vista Panoramica

no avatar
rbackhaus

by rbackhaus » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:02 am

gotcha,....

Then you need to include both tours on each site(easiest and smoother way I think)

I would go with maybe adding another logo(in the left hand corner or bottom, or come up with a better idea or placement, or keep a logo of both on all panos and some text saying "visit ....",.....or any idea you come up with.

I would link to the xmls and not htmls,...but this will require putting all files on BOTH sites.

Hope i make sense

rob

I've been playing with this but the thumbs are throwing everything off ,....i'll let u know if i find a workaround
Last edited by rbackhaus on Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

pu2wxp

by pu2wxp » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:08 pm

I have to say many thanks to Robert Backhaus!

The code they gave me along with an example that he created, it's easy to link between two different tours, but opening in the same window / page.

Here you are...
Code: Select all

<plugin name="logomap" url="mapicon.png" onclick="action(hideab);action(closeglobalobjects);ifnot(stopSequence === undefined,action(interruptAnimation););loadpano(aa/aa.xml,NULL,NULL,BLEND(1));" keep="true" align="righttop" x="10" y="10" width="43" height="prop" handcursor="false"/>

<action name="hideaa">
        set(plugin[slide].keep,false);
        set(plugin[thumbArray].keep,false);
        set(plugin[strap].keep,false);
        set(plugin[strapArray].keep,false);
        set(plugin[aa0].keep,false);
        set(plugin[aa1].keep,false);     

</action>

<action name="hideab">
        set(plugin[slide].keep,false);
        set(plugin[thumbArray].keep,false);
        set(plugin[strap].keep,false);
        set(plugin[strapArray].keep,false);
        set(plugin[ab0].keep,false);
        set(plugin[ab1].keep,false);     

</action>   

<plugin name="logocamera" url="camera2.png" onclick="action(hideaa);action(closeglobalobjects);ifnot(stopSequence === undefined,action(interruptAnimation););loadpano(ab.xml,NULL,NULL,BLEND(1));" keep="true" align="lefttop" x="10" y="10" width="43" height="prop" handcursor="false"/>

I hosted the example, that Rob did, in a zip file and you can download at this link:
http://www.vistapanoramica.com.br/downloads/linking2tour.zip

You can see the result in this link:
http://www.vistapanoramica.com.br/mobile/osteria/peretti.html
A Tour of Osteria Peretti and of Safari Cafe in same page.

Thanks Rob
Luciano Correa
Vista Panoramica

Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro 1.8