Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:29 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:32 pm 

I have been a krpano user for over 3 years now. I started when it was version 1.0.5 many moons ago. This new product is looking very nice ! As a hard core krpano user I am liking what I see here. I have given this a test run on a small project I am working on. So far so good. What I do not see is a way to actually place and create static image in order to create a skin so to speak. I also gave flashificator a test run and it is ok also. FPP as a backend just does not give enough of the customization I am used to with krpano. One feature I did like was the way adding graphic images works. You click to add the image. It can be either a 3d image or a 2d image. 3d means it is set inside the pano, 2d mean it is set by screen coordinates instead. very nice to be able to switch back and forth with a click. krpano would concider the 2d hotspots as plugins. Is there or will there ever be a way to code plugins with panotourpro or is it only limited to hotspots?

p.s. this may be a little premature question i am still searching for forums for tutorials and tips.

I look forward to joining this community.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:13 pm 
Administrator

I'm not sure about what you want but you can try this :
* draw a rectangular hotspot (begin by the top left corner)
* associate a "display object" (your picture you want to integrate in 3D) in hotspot properties widget
* associate the same picture in "link object"

The picture will be integrated in 3D and will move in center of the screen when clicking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:28 pm 

no that is not what i mean. but as I play around i have more questions.

how can i place a static image in the upper right hand corner and leave it there for all panos. based on screen coordinates not pano coordiantes ?

when adding hotspots I dont see a way to adjust them with all the krpano features. align and edge and origin settings. also how to move them inside the pano like the arrow hotspot how to get it to lay on the floor like a rug. are these thing possible yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:28 pm 

renan wrote:
I'm not sure about what you want but you can try this :
* draw a rectangular hotspot (begin by the top left corner)
* associate a "display object" (your picture you want to integrate in 3D) in hotspot properties widget
* associate the same picture in "link object"

The picture will be integrated in 3D and will move in center of the screen when clicking.

I believe that what he means by a 'skin' is an image that overlays the panos of the tour - a form of decoration.

You can see an example of such a feature - in this case done with Pano2VR - on this page, look for "Langleite Blomster, Tynset" towards the bottom right of the page:
http://tactus360.com/examples.html

Last edited by mediavets on Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:30 pm 

vn2009 wrote:
how can i place a static image in the upper right hand corner and leave it there for all panos. based on screen coordinates not pano coordiantes ?

Panotour would term that a Logo.

Last edited by mediavets on Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:00 pm 
Administrator

To draw "2D hotspot" (plugin in krapano term) is not currently possible.
We focus on "3D hotspot" which are most difficult to place.

In current Pro version, "2D hotspot" can be precoded by adding your own menu template (krpano code) in an existing or in a new theme template.
Documentation is not done but comments are made in existing templates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:14 pm 

vn2009 wrote:
no that is not what i mean. but as I play around i have more questions.
also how to move them inside the pano like the arrow hotspot how to get it to lay on the floor like a rug. are these thing possible yet?

I think you achieve what you want using a Rectangle hotspot with a Display/Object graphic.

Last edited by mediavets on Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.