Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:29 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:52 pm 

Adrien F wrote:
klausesser wrote:
P.S.: opening in Safari tells "fatal licensing error".

How do you generate content for iPhone/iPad as you are not registred?

By selecting the template ""mobiledevices.html" . . . . no error message told me it would make no sense.

What means: "mobile devices compatibility" isn´t clear at all.
What´s also not clear to me is the item: "Restricted domains" - in my understanding of the english language it means kind of "forbidden" or "limited".
So what the hell does that suppose to me?
"you must enter at least one domain to use . . . "
What does that tell me?

Adrien F wrote:
The help button beside the "Mobile devices compatibility" check box states clearly :"You need to be registred to use this feature", and it should be disabled. What's more you only need to check this box and it does all the necessary stuff for mobile devices export.
So, no iPhone/iPad compatibility until the registration key update site is out, which should be today or tomorrow. Until then the demo version should allow you to use all the other features.

The "help" button shows me some rather confusing informations. Only at the bottom i find "you need to be registered to use this feature" . . . i didn´t read it, sorry. Maybe you should state that at the beginning of the help text and not at the end.

best, Klaus (tomorrow - tuesday - i will be at the Photokina and will say hello :-) )

Last edited by klausesser on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:24 pm 

APT and PTP currently support English and French as the only language choices for the UI.

Are there any plans to expand the list to match the choices available for APP/APG?

FWIW with Pano2VR "the user interface is available in Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish."

Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:56 pm 

mediavets wrote:
As far as I'm ware Panotour adn Panotour Pro (PT/PTP) can now handle the following types of imput image:
[...]
3. Cube faces derived from equirectangular panoramic spherical projections using third party software (APT/APG cannot currently generate cube faces) - a feature new to PTP and not found in APT.
But at present Panotour doesn't handle:
3. Image strips and so on, such as can be created (and handled) by Pano2VR ("Pano2VR supports cylindrical, spherical (equirectangular), cube faces, cross, T, strip and QuickTime VR as input formats with the added ability to convert between these formats for retouching the cube faces.").

I have to point out that Panotour (at least the Pro version) actually handles Importation AND exportation from/to cube faces. Go into the File>Import or File>Export section.
We chose to only handle separate files for the moment. And this format is as defensible as the others (T-strips, ...) if not simpler and better. Theoretically speaking, you are more likely to handle 6 separate pictures of 6000px (or even 50000px if you push the limits of Photoshop) in your retouch software than a single one six time larger.

mediavets wrote:
If this custom EXIF tag is found by APT/PTP then it is used to set the pano Input FOV values which are the key to the correct display of the partial pano image when generating a Flash virtual tour.

However most image editing programs remove the custom EXIF tag so that if any post-processing is performed between stitching and use of the panio image as input to APT/APT, a common scenerio, then APT/PTP will no longer find the Pano Input FOV data and these values will default to those for a 360x180 spherical image which will of course be incorrect for any other sort of panoramic image.

This has been a issue from the outset but because APT was only available bundled with APG it could be considered 'excusable' because APG did create the custom EXIF tag, even if it may be removed by third party image editing software, so if the user made a note of it before post-processing the pano they could still manually enter the correct pano Input FOV values in APT.
[...]
PTP will alert the user to the fact that pano Input FOV data has not been found (see screenshot - quite why it came up with that horizontal FOV value, which is quite wrong, I don't know) but how is the user supposed to determine what the correct values should be?

As far as I can see the only safe and relaible way to handle partial panos in PTP will be always to create 360x180 spherical projections of a partial pano - despite the fact that the image does not cover 360x180 - and then use the PTP Hotspot Editor crop tool on the pano after import into PTP.

I should point out that this issue - determining the FOV of a partial pano input image - is not unique to APT/PTP. You have to enter the Horizontal FOV value manually for partial panos with Pano2VR too; but the program appears to calculate the Vertical FOV once given the Horizontal FOV - I guess APT/PTO could (be made to) do that too?

A few beta version back (maybe beta 9, if not 7) we announced that Fov information were now computed from the EXIF (as usual), and then from the image ratio (if no EXIF info available). And setting an horizontal or vertical fov info should compute the equivalent other one. If not then it is a bug, could you confirm it?

So, normal behavior (considering input image is spherical projection) :
Case 1 - Input image has EXIF info (direct from either APP or APG) : right FOV info should be specified
Case 2 - No exif info, image is width:3000px height:1000px; we set horizontal fov to 360° and compute vertical FOV accordingly : hFov:360° vFov:120°
Case 3 - No exif info, image is width:1000px height:3000px; we set vertical fov to 180° and compute horizontal FOV accordingly : hFov:60° vFov:180°
Case 5 - Values are false : change one, it should adjust the other according to the ratio
We have to assume one value (360 or 180, depending on the image) to guess the other, the little icon is there to warn the user values may be false.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:05 pm 

klausesser wrote:
What means: "mobile devices compatibility" isn´t clear at all.

We have chosen this term not to limit this kind of export to iPhone/iPad device, as it may evolve in the future.
The "mobileDevices.html" template is a template to inspire people who want to do web for apple mobile products.
klausesser wrote:
What´s also not clear to me is the item: "Restricted domains" - in my understanding of the english language it means kind of "forbidden" or "limited".
So what the hell does that suppose to me?
"you must enter at least one domain to use . . . "
What does that tell me?

Maybe "authorized domains" would be better?
This tells on which web domains your visit can be uploaded and seen. This prevent people from stealing a flash visit, display it on their site and claim credit for it.

Adrien F wrote:
The "help" button shows me some rather confusing informations. Only at the bottom i find "you need to be registered to use this feature" . . . i didn´t read it, sorry. Maybe you should state that at the beginning of the help text and not at the end.

This can be changed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:08 pm 

mediavets wrote:
APT and PTP currently support English and French as the only language choices for the UI.
Are there any plans to expand the list to match the choices available for APP/APG?

Yes, we have to contact first all the translators.
We first wait for the UI to stabilize.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:36 pm 

AlexandreJ wrote:
As this software is no more part of the Autopano Giga suite, it has its own key. Check on [THE WEBSITE - AVAILABLE MONDAY PROBABLY]to generate your panotour (pro) key from your APG key and krpano licence.

To sum up:
* APG users will get a Panotour key
* APG users having a krpano (unlimited domains) licence will get a Panotour Pro key

You know when?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:31 pm 

AlexandreJ wrote:
Check on [THE WEBSITE - AVAILABLE MONDAY PROBABLY] to generate your panotour (pro) key from your APG key and krpano licence.

Which Monday? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:29 pm 

Hi Adrien!

Yes - i understand the term: "authorized" domains. It tells me that only those can host and play my tours :cool:

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:09 am 

Adrien F wrote:
mediavets wrote:
As far as I'm ware Panotour and Panotour Pro (PT/PTP) can now handle the following types of imput image:
[...]
3. Cube faces derived from equirectangular panoramic spherical projections using third party software (APT/APG cannot currently generate cube faces) - a feature new to PTP and not found in APT.
But at present Panotour doesn't handle:
3. Image strips and so on, such as can be created (and handled) by Pano2VR ("Pano2VR supports cylindrical, spherical (equirectangular), cube faces, cross, T, strip and QuickTime VR as input formats with the added ability to convert between these formats for retouching the cube faces.").

I have to point out that Panotour (at least the Pro version) actually handles Importation AND exportation from/to cube faces. Go into the File>Import or File>Export section.

Windows XP/32. Panotour Pro 1.5 beta 1

Import and Export of cube faces is not working.

Screenshot show what I see when attempting to import cubefaces.

Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.

Last edited by mediavets on Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:49 am 

Ok, right this is an unexpected behavior. Sorry for that. We will fix it.
However, it seems the export to cube face option works here, what are your problems with it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:16 pm 

Adrien F wrote:
Ok, right this is an unexpected behavior. Sorry for that. We will fix it.
However, it seems the export to cube face option works here, what are your problems with it?

Here is my experience and observations:

1. If I use the Add equi button (not perhaps the most user friendly terminology?) to add a pano image to the convertor's Pano list then the conversion works.

2. If instead I add a pano image to a project, select it, then go to Export cube faces the name of the selected image appears in the pano list but the Export doesn't happen, although there is no indication that it didn't.

3. The default four character file name extension TIFF is not a good choice. Windows filename extensions by conevntion use only three charactes - hence TIF not TIFF. My main image editing program will not recognise TIFF as a valid file extension when one seeks to Open files, so files with the extension TIFF are simply not listed.

4. Why does the example shown when you click on Help talk of exporting on JPG format when the default fiename extension offered is TIFF?

5. If one can Export in a variety of file types why is there not a standard style File type drop down so one can choose filetype.

6. While exporting the convertor dialogue disappears and screen sort of flashes a little, but there is no indication of Export success - the Export dialogue merely disappers. I would find it more helpful if the dialogue remained open and indicated whether the Export had been completed successully - and also it would be very nice if one was offered the option of opening the target folder on completion of Export, because one might very well wish to proceed to editing one of the cube faces after export.

Last edited by mediavets on Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:48 am 

mediavets wrote:
2. If instead I add a pano image to a project, select it, then go to Export cube faces the name of the selected image appears in the pano list but the Export doesn't happen, although there is no indication that it didn't.

You have to click on the name of the pano to select it for export. One might want not to export all his equi of his project to cube faces. So they are not selected by default. However one adding an equi in this menu want to export it, that is why it is selected by default.
mediavets wrote:
3. The default four character file name extension TIFF is not a good choice. Windows filename extensions by conevntion use only three charactes - hence TIF not TIFF. My main image editing program will not recognise TIFF as a valid file extension when one seeks to Open files, so files with the extension TIFF are simply not listed.

I was not aware of that, editing programs I use recognise it perfectly. But we can combine it with your remark n°5..
mediavets wrote:
6. While exporting the convertor dialogue disappears and screen sort of flashes a little, but there is no indication of Export success - the Export dialogue merely disappers. I would find it more helpful if the dialogue remained open and indicated whether the Export had been completed successully - and also it would be very nice if one was offered the option of opening the target folder on completion of Export, because one might very well wish to proceed to editing one of the cube faces after export.

this has been marked as a bug to correct and a improvement suggestion. (issue 252)

It appears the compiled version had a few bug we did not have while testing (progress bar, and cube face import was ok). Our apologies for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:51 am 

The new look and feel is great, and the new UI organization is much better.

However I`d like to have more info about the xml and template system. Obviously we may make the authoring software more powerful by editing and creating templates, but we should really have some documentation on whats possible and whats not possible. Having this documentation in the beta phase will help us in using the app more creative and generate new ideas to make the pro product better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:38 am 

JohnM wrote:
The new look and feel is great,

I don't like it much - there is insufficient contrast between text and nbacground in most imnstances for my (failing?) eyesight. But I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that I'll just have to put up with it - like it or not.

Quote:
and the new UI organization is much better.

Hmmm...in some places, but not I feel in others. The layout of controls within a tabbed dialogue often appears to be more or less random. But a skilled user-interface graphic designer could probably sort that out before final release.

Quote:
However I`d like to have more info about the xml and template system. Obviously we may make the authoring software more powerful by editing and creating templates, but we should really have some documentation on whats possible and whats not possible.

I guess anything permitted/supported by the krpano Player/Viewer is possible?

But then we are back in the 'darkside' realm of hand coding XML which is what Panotour is supposedly seeking to shield us from?
Quote:
Having this documentation in the beta phase will help us in using the app more creative and generate new ideas to make the pro product better.

Perhaps one day there will be a Panotour Templates Editor rather as pano2VR has a Skins Editor?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:03 pm 

Quote:
mediavets: I guess anything permitted/supported by the krpano Player/Viewer is possible?

The Panotour Pro GUI only covers the most basic interaction you can do with Krpano. Thats why i`d like to see a roadmap and some documentation about the relationship between the software, the input templates and the xml output.

Last edited by JohnM on Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:24 pm 

JohnM wrote:
Quote:
mediavets: I guess anything permitted/supported by the krpano Player/Viewer is possible?

The Panotour Pro GUI only covers the most basic interaction you can do with Krpano.

Yes, indeed.
Quote:
Thats why i`d like to see a roadmap and some documentation about the relationship between the software, the input templates and the xml output.

As I understand it, conceptually Panotour is really 'just' a GUI krpano-compliant XML command file generator and image-to-Flash convertor.

(Conceptually Flashificator does much the same sort of thing but produces XML command files for/compliant-with the Flash Panorama Player, and likewise Pano2VR does much the same sort of thing for the Pano2VR Flash panorama player/viewer hiding the XML command files in 'skin' files which I believe are just zipped XML files).

So I envisage Paonotour as a sort of Rapid Application Development (RAD) tool. This may be a simplistic conceptual/mental model but I find it helpful.

As far as I can see Panotour templates are conceptually just 'snippets' of krpano compliant XML, that end up being parameterised and assembled by Panotour to generate the krpano-compliant XML command file outputs; so, if that's the case, I guess the templates could contain any valid krpano-compliant XML?

Since krpano seems to be under continuous on-going incremental development it seems to me that several things 'flow' from that:

1. It is unlikely that Panotour (or any other potential GUI front-end for krpano Flash Panorama Viewer/Player) will, or could, ever support all possible functionality offered by the krpano Flash Player/viewer; just as no RAD tools support every possible feature and useage of the programming systems/languages they front-end.

2. Documentation of both Panotour and Krpano Flash Panorma Player/Viewer is unlikely ever to be entirely in 'synch' because they are developed by two separate independent development entities.

3. Because the krpano Panorama Player/Viewer is being developed by Klaus Reinfeld, and not by Kolor who are developing Panotour, it follows that to some extent the development Panotour (in terms of supported features and so on) is likely to 'lag' somewhat behind the development of new features in krpano.

Last edited by mediavets on Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:37 pm 

Quote:
As far as I can see Panotour templates are conceptually just 'snippets' of krpano compliant XML, that end up being parameterised and assembled by Panotour to generate the krpano-compliant XML command file outputs; so, if that's the case, I guess the templates could contain any valid krpano-compliant XML?

It would be nice if it could, but it cant.

Quote:
1. It is unlikely that Panotour (or any other potential GUI front-end for krpano Flash Panorama Viewer/Player) will, or could, ever support all possible functionality offered by the krpano Flash Player/viewer; just as no RAD tools support every possible feature and useage of the programming systems/languages they front-end.

Its unlikely cause the market for such software is too limited.

Quote:
2. Documentation of both Panotour and Krpano Flash Panorma Player/Viewer is unlikely ever to be entirely in 'synch' because they are developed by two separate independent development entities.

Documentation is not hard to sync since krpano has long beta periods. Panotour can only use released versions of krpano.

Quote:
3. Because the krpano Panorama Player/Viewer is being developed by Klaus Reinfeld, and not by Kolor who are developing Panotour, it follows that to some extent the development Panotour (in terms of supported features and so on) is likely to 'lag' somewhat behind the development of new features in krpano.

It may lag behind beta`s , but I see no reason why it must lag behind releases.

btw: Thats why I think it would be nice if Kolor and Klaus could look at the possibility of a joint venture.

Last edited by JohnM on Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:40 am 

We need to know krpano version in release notes

( Triple posted )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:57 am 

(Panotour Pro V1.5.0 beta 1 for Mac)

Hello!
I wonder if the bug that makes the map appear to irregular in size during startup, has now been fixed, if there is some version or is there a way around this effect.
Only that detail, once activated has a correct behavior-
Thank you very much!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:46 am 

Ricardo wrote:
(Panotour Pro V1.5.0 beta 1 for Mac)

Hello!
I wonder if the bug that makes the map appear to irregular in size during startup, has now been fixed, if there is some version or is there a way around this effect.
Only that detail, once activated has a correct behavior-
Thank you very much!

See:
http://www.autopano.net/forum/t10023-panotour-pro-1.5-b1-winxp-32-map-feature-misbehaving

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:10 pm 

AlexandreJ wrote:
As this software is no more part of the Autopano Giga suite, it has its own key. Check on [THE WEBSITE - AVAILABLE MONDAY PROBABLY] to generate your panotour (pro) key from your APG key and krpano licence.

To sum up:
* APG users will get a Panotour key
* APG users having a krpano (unlimited domains) licence will get a Panotour Pro key

where on the website do I generate my Panotour key from my APG key / KRPano licence.......?

thanks

Stuart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:20 am 
Administrator

Please visit your account page located here: http://www.kolor.com/magento-support/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:36 am 

stalwart wrote:
where on the website do I generate my Panotour key from my APG key / KRPano licence.......?

thanks

Stuart

Here's the information you require:
http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/view/FAQ_-_Frequently_Asked_Questions#How_to_get_my_free_licence_of_Panotour.2FPanotour_Pro_.3F

Last edited by mediavets on Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:30 am 

mediavets wrote:
stalwart wrote:

thanks

Stuart

http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/view/FAQ_-_Frequently_Asked_Questions#How_to_get_my_free_licence_of_Panotour.2FPanotour_Pro_.3F

Thanks Andy - all in French so a little confusing! Think I've done it correctly......

Stu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:52 am 

stalwart wrote:
mediavets wrote:
stalwart wrote:

thanks

Stuart

Thanks Andy - all in French so a little confusing! Think I've done it correctly......

Stu

Must be something peculiar about your OS/browser setup because I get the English version displayed with that URL: here it is as a screenshot.

Last edited by mediavets on Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.