[APG 2.5 RC Win64] closes circle, but doesn't make 360  

Archive of all bug reports. This forum is closed - you cannot create new topics or comments here! If you think a specific topic was moved here by mistake, please contact the moderators!
no avatar
hankkarl

[APG 2.5 RC Win64] closes circle, but doesn't make 360

by hankkarl » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:52 pm

APP is now detecting panos better than ever!

But I have a pano that was badly stitched--it was a 360 that had multiple exposures per position but the circle wasn't closed. I added links to close the circle, but one link goes from the leftmost to the rightmost set of images (the red box is in the middle of the screen and has a high RMS). The main screen shows it to be only about 208 x 69, where it should be 360x111 (or 113....) degrees.

The focal length calculated is 26.28, it should be about 12.

Tried to change the FOV to 90 (to give FL of 12) but couldn't do it for all images. I can change it for each image, but that's painful, and what's worse, when the program accepts one FOV change, it redisplays the list of images starting with 1 at the top, so I have to scroll down to image 50.

We need either a button to say "this is a 360 degree pano" or the ability to change all the focal lengths with a minimal effort.

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:02 pm

hankkarl wrote:APP is now detecting panos better than ever!

But I have a pano that was badly stitched--it was a 360 that had multiple exposures per position but the circle wasn't closed. I added links to close the circle, but one link goes from the leftmost to the rightmost set of images (the red box is in the middle of the screen and has a high RMS). The main screen shows it to be only about 208 x 69, where it should be 360x111 (or 113....) degrees.

The focal length calculated is 26.28, it should be about 12.

Tried to change the FOV to 90 (to give FL of 12) but couldn't do it for all images. I can change it for each image, but that's painful, and what's worse, when the program accepts one FOV change, it redisplays the list of images starting with 1 at the top, so I have to scroll down to image 50.

We need either a button to say "this is a 360 degree pano" or the ability to change all the focal lengths with a minimal effort.

a workaround could be using external tool to batch change the focal lengths:
there should also be some free tools for that, I found in my 2seconds google search just a commercial one:
e.g. http://www.opanda.com/en/pe/index.html

about unclosed 360 circle....
idea: save the project file and than edit with an texteditor the .pano file. Perhaps you can here change some values so saying the circle is closed...
(I think the image than should be streched...)

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:38 pm

hankkarl wrote:We need either a button to say "this is a 360 degree pano" or the ability to change all the focal lengths with a minimal effort.

There IS a button to say "this is a 360° pano" - use the settings in prefs. There also is a box to set the focal length - that is in prefs also.

Or did i misunderstand?

best, Klaus

Last edited by klausesser on Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

Return to Archive