[APP 2.5RC linux 64bit] updating registration code  

Archive of all bug reports. This forum is closed - you cannot create new topics or comments here! If you think a specific topic was moved here by mistake, please contact the moderators!
no avatar
bradtem

[APP 2.5RC linux 64bit] updating registration code

by bradtem » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:05 am

When I run the new RC, it tells me to "update your registration code"

It displays my email and old code, and has links to "update your licence" Clicking on the licence or the generic link results in:

kfmclient: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libQtSvg.so.4: undefined symbol: _ZN14QObjectPrivate15checkWindowRoleEv

And nothing happens in the UI. When I go to the app.net site to log in to my account, I see no option to update my licence, indeed under Mes Licences it shows an empty table, and under Mes Mises a Jour it says I can updated to APG 2 for 100 euros and says I am a licencee of APP 2.

So, how to get a working key to try the new APP (the first version of 2.5 to run on linux properly, or so it seems?) I just got a new quad-core system with 16gb so I am eager to render panos that were just too damn big on my older system.

(One rule for speed by the way, use a scratch disk that is an independent spindle from the disks where everything else is going on. At first I used a /tmp which was a 3-disk stripe RAID for super-speed but since it was on the same disks as the photos etc. it actually thrashed to death.)

I did some tests and they seem fast (not just because of the 4 cores) but I did notice it imports old files improperly. An old file saved from APP 2 was interpreted as having "custom" blending set to "linear" with no anti-ghosting, instead of what would be a more normal interpretation of the old setting, which was smartblend. It forgot my default directory, my temp directory, my recent files and various other settings. It may be getting some crops wrong but I would have to delete it and install APP2 to compare.

However, it is much faster. Perhaps now I will build a 200gpix San Francisco with my new 1600mm ritchey-chretien.
Last edited by bradtem on Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:17 am

If you already have an APP V2 licence then you don't need a new key for APP V2.5.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
bradtem

by bradtem » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:57 am

Nope, it says:

>Registration failed. The licence you have is obsolete. You need to update your registration code. Go to your account here : http://www.kolor.com/buy/user to get a new licence.

I now see the reason: Some bug in APP 2.5 has made it try to use an older registration code, a version 1 code, instead of the version 2 code which was in use by my copy of APP2. When I enter what I now realize is my proper APP2 code, it works.

Of course the links causing the missing symbol error is another issue.

BTW, is the batch renderer no longer supposed to do a preview as it renders? Also the little pop-up toast over the KDE taskbar when the render finishes displays, but is blank.
Last edited by bradtem on Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:09 pm

bradtem wrote:BTW, is the batch renderer no longer supposed to do a preview as it renders?

Sadly that feature has gone AWOL.

Kolor has suggested that it may return in some future release.

I, for one, miss it and would like to see it return. I had hoped it might make into the Final Release of V2.5 but that looks to be a forlorn hope now.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

Return to Archive