Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:02 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:55 pm 

I am definitely appreciating some of the improvements in the release candidate, thanks!

I have had it crash a couple times. One on a pano file that has problems (came from beta 1, has negative dimensions or something crazy like that) and once on a batch render. I noticed that it doesn't do the bugsplat reporting any more. Does the "report problem to microsoft" help kolor at all? I know big OEMs can get that info but wasn't sure it was available to smaller software companies. Other than trying to narrow it down to the offending pano file and putting that on the ftp server, how best can we help with crash reporting?

Thanks again for a great release and am excited for the new build process to help testing out new fixes,
Bryn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:18 am 
Administrator

With this version, we are not yet totally satisfied with the .pano read back of previous beta version. We took care about official release ( 1.4.2, 2.0.0 up to 2.0.9 ), but we let for the moment pass everything about beta 1, beta 2 version. And that may be your bug.

The bugsplat system has not been removed but disabled by error. This is system for crash analysis that is accessible to small compnies like us too ( even if it is quite costly ).

I would say, the best for us would be to have access the .pano file ( and images if not too numerous. In that case, we'll replace them by dummies ).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:48 pm 

I uploaded three .zip files with my name (Bryn) in the file name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:15 pm 

also one more comment about bugsplat, it gives the customer a nice feeling that there's a chance that the crash will provide useful data and be fixed in the future (even though it may be the fault of the graphics driver or whatever, you're still getting something by making the customer feel listened to). Anyway, hope that thought helps when you have to write the checks for bugsplat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:21 am 
Administrator

Update : bugsplat has been reintroduced.
I also got your cases. It's about a double bug which is in the .pano reading code. Seems to have a lot of side effects : crash, rms changes after loading, slow loading, etc.