Image defect at (360°,0°) pano borderline  

Archive of all bug reports. This forum is closed - you cannot create new topics or comments here! If you think a specific topic was moved here by mistake, please contact the moderators!
no avatar
hermer-blr

Image defect at (360°,0°) pano borderline

by hermer-blr » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:10 pm

Config: I am running APG beta2 on a windows 32 bits configuration

For the second time in a few weeks, I note that there may by correction errors at the (360°, 0°) borderline of the panorama:

- In one case, a few weeks ago, the stitching was bad and I had to rotate the center of the pano in APG to change the (360°, 0°) borderline position - the stitching error was then corrected and the new pano went OK

- In the present case, the stitching is OK, but the sky is a different color on both sides of this borderline.

I don't want to rotate the pano before stitching for aesthetic reasons. And I have no time to wait until bug correction.

Is there any tool that I could use with Gimp (I don't have photoshop) to perform a circular rotation of the panorama ? I would then be able with the Gimp toolbox to correct the defects in the sky. And, by using the same tool, I would put the pano back in its initial position.

Thanks

J.M.
Nikon D5100 (formerly Nikon D60) - Sigma 10-20 - 24 shots Panoramas in 3 raws
Windows 32 bits - APG
website htt://jmh.trp.free.fr

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

by AlexandreJ » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:48 am

Hi Hermer.
This seems to related to issue 405 that is solved for RC version.

no avatar
hermer-blr

by hermer-blr » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:11 pm

Thanks - Any solution to perform a circular shift on the 10000 x 5000 image I get ?
In this specific case, I can improve the sky by image processing; but, I need the defective area at the centre of the image...

After that image processing, for aesthetic reasons, I will have to revert the circular shift to come back to the original image.

Thanks for helping me
Windows 32 bits - APG

no avatar
GURL

by GURL » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:02 pm

hermer-blr wrote:I don't want to rotate the pano before stitching for aesthetic reasons. And I have no time to wait until bug correction.

Is there any tool that I could use with Gimp (I don't have photoshop) to perform a circular rotation of the panorama ?

I'm not used to GIMP but believe that "rotation" of 360 panos using any image processor are as easy as:
- cut the pano into 2 halves using a vertical guide (that the parts are equal or not don't matter)
- place the right part at the left of the left part: they will match perfectly because it's a 360 pano...
Last edited by GURL on Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Georges

no avatar
hermer-blr

by hermer-blr » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:29 pm

Unfortunately, this does not work well, especially if you are confronted to big images (with the inherent difficulty of interactive movement).

Since my post, I found an easy solution:
- transform the image to polar coordinate, with 180° angle
- transform the image back, with 0° angle

Done ! The pano is 50 % circular shifted !
Windows 32 bits - APG

Return to Archive