Combining two or more pano's that are produced by Autopano 2.5beta  

Archive of all bug reports. This forum is closed - you cannot create new topics or comments here! If you think a specific topic was moved here by mistake, please contact the moderators!
Man Garnier

Combining two or more pano's that are produced by Autopano 2.5beta

by Man Garnier » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:12 am

I shot a 360 panorama recently and used 2.5beta. It found two panoramas and several areas where 'missing' but stacked. I used the drag & drop method to fix the pano's on each and have arrived at the stage I presume - to render both.

However, I'm not sure whether we combine the pano's at this stage and then render or render and then combine. Also where are the controls for combining these two pano's or do we just import them after rendering as two individual images - yet again to be stitched?

I'm sure this is a relatively simple question for most of you - but a feature I have not yet used.

Thanks for your patience/resilience!
We sometimes just need to realize that each one has his/her own world/mind and they don't live inside ours ;)
It depends on where each one is right now. From time to time we may meet and share part of the trip.

no avatar
GURL

by GURL » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:31 am

In a few words:
- Autopano can't combine two or more panos that were produced by Autopano
- the Force every image to be in one panorama option (found in Group settings - Detection - Links) is to be used when all images in a group pertain to a single panorama.

Using another application (like Photoshop, etc) and attempting to stitch two panoramas to produce a single one is not completely impossible but is at best difficult (explaining the necessary and sufficient conditions would be too long to unfold...)

The following shows the results of:
- not using the Force every image to be in one panorama option
- using the Force every image to be in one panorama option

In the second situation a link is to be created between the two "sub-panoramas" (several tools can be used for that) or one of the "sub-panos" is to be moved so that it matches the other one (but though this is possible moving a single "sub-panorama" only is difficult...)

Last edited by GURL on Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Georges

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:24 pm

As Georges (GURL) says you need to get all the images into one pano.

I'd try the following:

1. Create the Group manually - Add new group - then Add the images to it; rather than browse a folder.
2. Increase the Detection quality level to High.
3. Check the box to Force all images into the one pano.
4. Use the Panorama Editor's Control Point editor to create links as required to join unlinked sub-panoramas.
5. Thereafter use the Move images mode, and/or Yaw/Pitch/Roll tool, in the Panorama Editor to manually place any other images that have not yet been linked.

Perhaps you could show us a screenshot so we could better understand why APP/APG might be having trouble stitching your images.

Were they shot using a proper pano head?

What camera and lens were used?

was this an indoor or outdoor pano scene?

Last edited by mediavets on Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
GURL

by GURL » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:32 pm

The following screen captures show that by using the Move tool Picture option it's possible to move and rotate a sub-panora so that it matches another sub-panorama.

CAUTION: that this is possible don't imply this is alway the best solution, a new Detect attempt using the highest detection quality option or the creation of one or more links between sub-panoramas (Add manual control points, Add auto control points or Add control points using geometrical analysis) should be prefered when possible.

Last edited by GURL on Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Georges

Return to Archive