Giga_2.5 beta2 _ MAC OSX 10.6.4 // no difference in preference setting  

Archive of all bug reports. This forum is closed - you cannot create new topics or comments here! If you think a specific topic was moved here by mistake, please contact the moderators!
no avatar
LJADC

Giga_2.5 beta2 _ MAC OSX 10.6.4 // no difference in preference setting

by LJADC » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:23 pm

Hi.

Well, first of all I would like to thank the team for this new Beta. It is extremely fast in rendering. Great!

On my mac there seems to be a problem. The render preferences does not seem to make any difference.

If I set: Prefs > Settings > Panorama > Color correction by layer (V)> e.g. Exposure OR Exposure & Color Tone OR Gamma, Exposure & Color Tone OR any of the other available settings, then -- and after each correction, shut down APG & restart the program --

then there is no difference what so ever in the rendered files.
They are exactly the same...

Does that sound strange or am I doing something wrong?

Also, there is still the mention of backgrounG instead of background when viewing the layers

Let's wait for Beta 3 and meanwhile keep on working with the superfast APGiga.

Thanks.

greetings from the Netherlands,

Bert

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

by AlexandreJ » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:39 am

This color setting is only used if you have color correction enabled. ( detection menu, automate, auto color must be checked ).
Perhaps it was that ?

no avatar
LJADC

by LJADC » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:04 am

Yes, Alexandre, that is what is was.

But my confusion is about the matter that even after unchecking in the preferences there is obviously still a correction. Maybe in the background?

See for yourself and compare the origional image of this moonlit situation with the NONE image:

1] color changed
2] density changed [look beneath where the trees are almost totally black against the grass]

In the NONE image [TOP], preferences are unchecked, so color, gamma and exposure should not be corrected. But obviously there is some correction going on.
Any idea why or what I am doing wrong?

thanks & greetings.

Bert

Last edited by LJADC on Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

by AlexandreJ » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:52 am

The color can be affected by 2 algorithms :
- color correction
- histogram

If an auto histogram was enabled, then, you'll get also a global change in illumination / color.

no avatar
LJADC

by LJADC » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:18 am

there was NO auto histogram enabled in the preferences, actually with these images there was nothing checked [ for investigation purposes]

Return to Archive