Issues/Comments detected in APP2.5.b2 (W7 x64)  

Archive of all bug reports. This forum is closed - you cannot create new topics or comments here! If you think a specific topic was moved here by mistake, please contact the moderators!
no avatar
Ronald
Member
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:16 am

Issues/Comments detected in APP2.5.b2 (W7 x64)

by Ronald » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:48 am

Hello,

I have a few issues and/or comments associated to the APP2.5.b2 x64bits:
- Speed: This version seems to be a little bit slow in comparison to the APP2.5.b1, when a change is applied in the panorama (i.e. changes between None and LDR)
- There is a couple issues managing the layers:
- If you try to delete/remove multiple images from the panorama, and the images are checked the application crash
- If the panorama has a large amount of images that may require scroll down, and you un-check the last one the cursor returns to the top of the page (same thing if you save the pano)
- To go to the end of the images in the layers window, it's necessary to press the "End" key twice
- I tried to use the option "Move to new panorama" and the application crash (multiple images were selected for this operation)

- If you install APP2.5.b2 x64 without a previous installation of APP (i.e. APP2.0.9) you will get an error at the end of the installation process related with the file AutopanoShell_x64.dll, and the file AutopanoShell.propdesc will not be generated. To fix that error you need to install an official APP version
- In the same was as the issue indicated above, you need to install an official version to activate the thumbnail view of the pano in Windows explorer.
- Panoramas created using APP2.5.b1 cannot be opened properly in APP2.5.b2
- The folder predefined in the preferences is not used when you're saving the panorama the first time (is using the folder where the images are located)
Last edited by Ronald on Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
AlexandreJ
Kolor Team
 
Posts: 5918
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:56 pm
Location: Francin, France

by AlexandreJ » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:52 pm

Ronald wrote:- Speed: This version seems to be a little bit slow in comparison to the APP2.5.b1, when a change is applied in the panorama (i.e. changes between None and LDR)

That's probably the color correction system that has changed and will indeed do that.

Ronald wrote:- There is a couple issues managing the layers:
- If you try to delete/remove multiple images from the panorama, and the images are checked the application crash
- If the panorama has a large amount of images that may require scroll down, and you un-check the last one the cursor returns to the top of the page (same thing if you save the pano)
- To go to the end of the images in the layers window, it's necessary to press the "End" key twice
- I tried to use the option "Move to new panorama" and the application crash (multiple images were selected for this operation)

Except the 'End' key issue report, everything else has been detected and is solved for RC release.

Ronald wrote:- If you install APP2.5.b2 x64 without a previous installation of APP (i.e. APP2.0.9) you will get an error at the end of the installation process related with the file AutopanoShell_x64.dll, and the file AutopanoShell.propdesc will not be generated. To fix that error you need to install an official APP version
- In the same was as the issue indicated above, you need to install an official version to activate the thumbnail view of the pano in Windows explorer.

Good catch. Issue opened : 409

Ronald wrote:- Panoramas created using APP2.5.b1 cannot be opened properly in APP2.5.b2

Due to color correction. Already solved for RC.

Ronald wrote:- The folder predefined in the preferences is not used when you're saving the panorama the first time (is using the folder where the images are located)

Yes, that's the way it works in fact.


Return to Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest