APG250b2 (Vista64): Moving/Straighten a pano during the Crop view  

Archive of all bug reports. This forum is closed - you cannot create new topics or comments here! If you think a specific topic was moved here by mistake, please contact the moderators!
geko5766

APG250b2 (Vista64): Moving/Straighten a pano during the Crop view

by geko5766 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:17 pm

After reopening an old spherical pano, the pano MUST be optimized again.

But it looks akward afterwards, so it has to be straightned again.

ALthough the rotation changes can be seen in the crop tool, the pano and its preview do not change and move at all !

Best
geko

The picture is made behind the camera.......

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:32 pm

geko5766 wrote:ALthough the rotation changes can be seen in the crop tool, the pano and its preview do not change and move at all !

Best
geko

I don't understand what you mean - can you decsribe the process you are following.

I'd use the Centrepoint tool along with the Yaw/Pitch/Roll tool to re-orientate this pano.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

geko5766

by geko5766 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:00 am

mediavets wrote:
geko5766 wrote:ALthough the rotation changes can be seen in the crop tool, the pano and its preview do not change and move at all !

Best
geko

I don't understand what you mean - can you decsribe the process you are following.

I'd use the Centrepoint tool along with the Yaw/Pitch/Roll tool to re-orientate this pano.

Hello Andrew,

first of all, the pano is tilted/turned. This reminds me of the problem with only the Nadir shown as centre-point.
But acctually, whe you are in this mode, meaning the cropping tool, there are small rounded arrows, you may alter the behaviour with. Although these arrows appear, and one may see changes in the "crop-zone-pane " (above-left) nothing happens with the pano. I.e. the window ist frozen and may only be altred with other tools like centering and straightening.

I like to see the changes with the small rounded arrowns.

Best Georg

The picture is made behind the camera.......

no avatar
GURL

by GURL » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:38 pm

In 2.09 version the Crop tool can be used to rotate the pano in two ways
- by placing the cursor outside of the yellow rectangle (cursor is then a curved arrow), pressing the mouse left button and moving the mouse
- by entering a value in Crop zone - Rotation
Rotations are displayed on the preview screen, moving the curved arrow cursor change the value displayed in Crop zone - Rotation.

In 2.5 beta 2 the Crop tool can't be used at all to rotate the pano
- moving the curved arrow cursor outside of the yellow rectangle only changes the value displayed in Crop zone - Rotation.
- entering a value in Crop zone - Rotation does nothing
No rotation is displayed on the preview screen nor taken into account when clicking the Apply green button.
Georges

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:46 pm

OK, I understand the issue now.

It would never have occurred to me to try and re-orientate the pano with the Crop tool, I've always used the Centrepoint and Y/P/R tools (I think that Alexandre suggested that approach back in the day when I was starting out with APP) and I find that quick and easy.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

by AlexandreJ » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:29 am

Issue 384 opened

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

by AlexandreJ » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:56 pm

fixed for RC release

Return to Archive