We are really happy with this new beta 2 release. A lot of work have been done and quite every standard stitching job are now working nice without any crash.
Nevertheless, there are still some areas that will need attention ( HDR output, Exposure fusion preview for example ).
We are not far from RC release and then final.
Changelog :Papywizard improvements
The papywizard import wizard has been really improved :Color correction
- stack integration in the case you do bracketing ( nice feature ! ). It reads the bracket from the XML file and you'll get automatically several layers in the final panorama ( one for each exposure ). You have access to stacks setting directly in the plugin.
- preview issue solved ( some time there were no preview )
- exif transfer : if no exif detected in the images, I use the exif stored in the XML file everywhere in the software ( you'll see that in the group, focal is always present there ).
- some UI crash solved in the plugins
I wasn't satisfied with the new system that should be better but in fact didn't really work that much better.Stack support improvements
So, I didn't to be get back the old possibilies but with the new name.
You now have access to Gamma correction, exposure correction and color correction.
It's nice to play with this system. I like it better than the one in beta 1.
You won't see anymore the BKT symbol, but a small rectangle with the number of images in that stack.Software resources improvement
The create 'stack by N' has been improved.
Select all images in a group, right click and hit 'create Stack by N'.
You have 2 cursours there : the N of course to say how many image should be regrouped to create a stack.
But also have the master image index ( if you don't want the first image to be the stack level 0). When doing manual bracketing on several level ( 5, 7, 9, or 11 ), the first image is often the dark one. In this case, it's really better to say the reference image is the middle one ( index 3 for 5 images ).
The detection will work better.
BTW : you can call the 'Create stack by N' on already created stack just to adjust this level 0 index, it will work.
With the new interface which is too dark to some people, we decided to revamp a little the way all our software areFree croissant
handling external ressources ( like Icons / styles / templates, etc ).
There were several goals and constrains in this revamp :
- Users should be able to create easily their style for the software
- When a new version of the software is released, the user style should not be lost
- Some datas created by the user does just exists for the user ( for example, stitching templates for Autopano Giga, or dedicated html template for PanoTour )
That's why we came up with a solution that is working this way. Every modifiable ressources are stored in a folder that is writable by the user.
windows XP : %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Kolor\___APPLICATION_NAME___\
vista / 7 : %LOCALAPPDATA%\Kolor\___APPLICATION_NAME___\
Mac : $HOME/Library/Application Support/Kolor/__APPLICATION_NAME__/
Linux : $USER/.local/share/data/Kolor/___APPLICATION_NAME___/
__APPLICATION_NAME__ can be AutopanoPro_250B2 or PanoTour Pro 150B2, etc.
In this folder, you'll find 2 folders with an identical hierarchie. One folder is called Kolor and one is called User.
All files that are in Kolor folder is solely done by Kolor team. They will be overwritten at each new version.
Files in User folder are user modifications. They will never be erased by any new version.
Then, we'll have a resource rule in all products : if we need a file, the first that will used is the one in the User folder.
If it doesn't exist, the software will try to load the file in the Kolor folder ( If it doesn't exist in this folder,
we'll recreate it ).
This rule is nice because, you can modify the software with your own resources without the risk of loosing them at each new versions.
Example with Autopano Giga.
- You need to add support for a new camera. Just copy the cameras.txt from the Kolor/Data folder to User/Data folder.
- Modify it
- Launch autopano again and it will use the new cameras.txt
- If you install a new version of the software, your version will not be lost.
Nevertheless, be aware that Kolor could have added all new cameras in the new cameras.txt provided making your modification obsolete.
So, this system is not magical, it won't merge both files together.
For Panotour, we don't have yet this 2 folders system, as everything is only in one folder.
We'll rely on the fact that the files are protected or not to make the software update. If a template is not anymore write protected,
it will mean that it has been modified by the user and we won't overwrite it.
Autopano Pro / Autopano Giga hierarchie :
Data => you have access to cameras.txt / lensid.txt files ( if you want to add manually a new camera )
Sound => the end of rendering sound
Translation => software translations
UI => everything about software style ( icones, qss )
So if you to modify for example the style, just copy the right .qss file from Kolor/UI hierarchy to User/UI hierarchy and
Panotour / Panotour Pro hierarchie :
Templates => Template used by PT for customizing outputs with xml script
Translation => software translations
UI => everything about software style ( icones, qss )
We will soon propose some packages in ZIP format that will add some new features directly in this folder structure.
- Autopano Pro / Giga => a little grey UI style
- Panotour Pro => a menu style with old icons
You will just need to extract these packages in the userdata folder to get the new feature.
In the main windows :Bug fixes
- Double click on an empty zone in the group view
- Do the same on the panorama columns
This release is really about that. The full fixed list is below.
- 0000282: [Synapse ( detection )] group creation : si 500 en groupe goal => 4 images, si 10 => toutes les images - resolved.
- 0000193: [Editor] Big project color optimisation issue - resolved.
- 0000313: [Editor] Freeze dans l'éditeur de panorama - resolved.
- 0000302: [Cortex ( rendu )] Changement de ton avec l'anti-ghost - resolved.
- 0000335: [Cortex ( rendu )] Options de rendu sur les images / layers à garder ne sont pas sauvées - resolved.
- 0000339: [Editor] Icon size in PE editor doesn't sticky - resolved.
- 0000271: [Image I/O] Stack, pouvoir définir l'image de base du stack - resolved.
- 0000343: [Editor] Progress bar in editor doesn't show the text - resolved.
- 0000091: [Editor] In the regroup by bracket, bad update of the layer editor - resolved.
- 0000344: [UI behavior] Layers and stack crash - resolved.
- 0000179: [Performance] Scheduling multithreading sur blending - resolved.
- 0000299: [UI behavior] Style sheet => les mettre dans user data - resolved.
- 0000303: [Editor] Crash placement manuel point de control MAC - resolved.
- 0000309: [Editor] Cancel over geometric analysis don't work - resolved.
- 0000305: [Editor] Advisor improvement needed when presence of stacks - resolved.
- 0000304: [Neurone ( optimisation )] Open old .pano - resolved.
- 0000308: [Neurone ( optimisation )] click on the "optimize by layers" will check that at least one yellow anchor per layer is present - resolved.
- 0000292: [Editor] Clean RMS pas pareil que 2.0.9 - resolved.
- 0000314: [Editor] BKT icon over stack => the number of images in that stack - resolved.
- 0000248: [Import plugins] crash on import Gigapan under mac - resolved.
- 0000169: [Cortex ( rendu )] Switch automatique entre PSD et PSD si pano devient gros. Apparement, ca marche plus. - resolved.
- 0000298: [Performance] Temporary folder switch rule to improve - resolved.
- 0000290: [Editor] Changer la couleur du RMS dans l'editeur de point de controle - resolved.
- 0000293: [Image I/O] TIFF reading is really slow - resolved.
- 0000242: [Unclassified] crash with plugin haze on nef pictures - resolved.
- 0000291: [Cortex ( rendu )] Gamma correction not apply in the rendering - resolved.
- 0000276: [Synapse ( detection )] MAC versus Windows detection differences - resolved.
- 0000237: [UI behavior] fusion widget has no name ("form") - resolved.
- 0000258: [Unclassified] plugin open lens options and crash - resolved.
- 0000268: [Synapse ( detection )] crash en arretant la detection en cours - resolved.
- 0000285: [Synapse ( detection )] Mode template cassé - resolved.
- 0000240: [Editor] Ctrl key in control point not always works - resolved.
- 0000284: [Neurone ( optimisation )] Color correction is still not as good as in v2.0.* - resolved.
- 0000289: [Editor] In layer editor, button image properties => crash - resolved.
- 0000239: [UI behavior] general render settings not saved - resolved.
- 0000153: [Editor] Crash en utilisant le bouton addimage dans le layer editor - resolved.
- 0000262: [Import plugins] plugins entrée => crash après l'import des images - resolved.
- 0000272: [Performance] number of thread not used in detection phase - resolved.
- 0000270: [Import plugins] papywizard : si on selectionne les images, puis le xml => status finished ne marche pas - resolved.
- 0000251: [UI behavior] "force every image..." is not saved when close general settings - resolved.
- 0000238: [Editor] crash when adding new picture in editor window - resolved.
- 0000235: [Editor] crash when use the center point tool in GPU mode - resolved.
- 0000243: [Import plugins] papy wisard import issues to test - resolved.
- 0000135: [Import plugins] papywizard crash - resolved.
- 0000266: [Import plugins] Papywizard, skip optimization doesn't locate image - resolved.
- 0000265: [UI behavior] Fenetre de rendu, update du dpi ne change pas la taille zone de print - resolved.
- 0000233: [Performance] openmp threading issue with critical part between findpanorama and stitching cut - resolved.
- 0000127: [Editor] crash au changement d'ancre - resolved.