Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:48 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: manual for panogear kit
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:09 pm 

can be found here:

english:
http://www.kolor.com/buy/media/pages/products/panohead/kolor-panogear-manual-en.pdf

french:
http://www.kolor.com/buy/media/pages/products/panohead/kolor-panogear-manuel-fr.pdf

Last edited by gkaefer on Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:59 pm 

on page 4/5 the setup camera & bracket & head are explained.

viewing from behind the cam through the finder...

for simple bracket (portrait) the head is right to the cam positioned - this makes sense because the photographer sees also the degrees of the head on the head, manual shutter release button is on top...
for L-bracket (landscape) the head is left to cam positioned. - this I think is an error:

+ photographer does not see the degrees on the head - he has to turn on the other side of the head ...
+ e.g Canon cams have on left side of the body the plugs for shutter release, usb, video out etc. if this is so close to the head you cant plug them into your canon...

Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:51 am 

Hallo gkaefer,
the description from Kolor is correct. The camera is mounted in landscape on the left side, as the distance between the head arm and the turning point is appr. 40mm. All cameras have on the right side the handle and that is far more away from the fixing screw than the other side. So the mounting in landscape is a compromise to get with the camera as close as possible to the turningpoint. In portrait mode on the right side is done, do get more space for moving the camera in zenit position.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:08 pm 

you did not get the point.
yes your correct the distance is closer....
BUT: image user plugging the usb cable (theats...) to pc or promote control device or even only the shutter release cable from a canon to the merlin. then you must move the cam so between cam and head (L-bracket) is more place so cable & plugs have space.
And second: look at my screenshot of the manual bottom right image of the six images of page5/6: look at the panohead: the scaling of the degrees.... got it? if you're behind the cam's viewfinder you cant see this scaling because its on other side of the head....
so turn cam just 180 degreen on this L-bracket and all this is solved. And because of space needed for the shutterrelease and usb its also closer or same distance...

Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:38 pm 

gkaefer wrote:
BUT: image user plugging the usb cable (theats...) to pc or promote control device or even only the shutter release cable from a canon to the merlin. then you must move the cam so between cam and head (L-bracket) is more place so cable & plugs have space.
And second: look at my screenshot of the manual bottom right image of the six images of page5/6: look at the panohead: the scaling of the degrees.... got it? if you're behind the cam's viewfinder you cant see this scaling because its on other side of the head....
so turn cam just 180 degreen on this L-bracket and all this is solved. And because of space needed for the shutterrelease and usb its also closer or same distance...

Georg

Hi Georg!

Do you match the NPP having the camera mounted to the L-bracket with Merlin´s Arm on the right?

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:53 pm 

klausesser wrote:
gkaefer wrote:

Georg

Hi Georg!

Do you match the NPP having the camera mounted to the L-bracket with Merlin´s Arm on the right?

best, Klaus

what a nasty question ;-)))

using only the L-backet + portrait mode:
NO chance if arm is right to cam. (miles away)
and also not possible if arm is left to arm (x,y an z direction relative to NPP according to 18-35,70-210mm canon standard lens) (finally in mm range out of NPP)
so if your shooting object is not to near, not inside shot APG will cure the patient...

using the L-Bracket + setting a simple bracket on top of L-bracket + portrait mode:
yes it works perfect with 18-35mm and nearly perfect on the 70-210mm

I attached some shots made with the mobile phone - so ugly unsharp despite the used stabiliser

lg
Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:48 pm 

gkaefer wrote:

Hey Georg!

Just seems so . . .. :):cool:

As i wrote: when using longer lenses the mounting of the camera on the L-bracket with Merlin´s arm to the right isn´t a problem at all - as we see in your pictures.
But when using a let´s say 20mm - which i my case means a manual Nikon 20mm AIs or even my manual Nikon 85mm AIs monting on the L-bracket just works when Merlin´s arm is on the left side: the 5D2 is too wide and matching the NPP doesn´t work!

best, Klaus

Last edited by klausesser on Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:15 pm 

klausesser wrote:
gkaefer wrote:

Hey Georg!

Just seems so . . .. :):cool:

As i wrote: when using longer lenses the mounting of the camera on the L-bracket with Merlin´s arm to the right isn´t a problem at all - as we see in your pictures.
But when using a let´s say 20mm - which i my case means a manual Nikon 20mm AIs or even my manual Nikon 85mm AIs monting on the L-bracket just works when Merlin´s arm is on the left side: the 5D2 is too wide and matching the NPP doesn´t work!

best, Klaus

If the Touch Controller is 'expecting' the Merlin pitch arm to be to the left when camera is mounted in landscape orientation and instead you mount it with the pitch arm to the right doesn't this screw up the XML data file and hence cause problems with the Papywizard Import wizard/filter??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:43 pm 

mediavets wrote:
If the Touch Controller is 'expecting' the Merlin pitch arm to be to the left when camera is mounted in landscape orientation and instead you mount it with the pitch arm to the right doesn't this screw up the XML data file and hence cause problems with the Papywizard Import wizard/filter??

That´s why i usually shoot in portrait-mode without the L-bracket . . :P:cool:
I used the landscape mode just for some tests - i like the p-mode better . .

Though in respect of dof when using a 300mm it´s definitely preferable to use landscape . . :cool:

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:46 pm 

klausesser wrote:
mediavets wrote:

That´s why i usually shoot in portrait-mode without the L-bracket . . :P:cool:
I used the landscape mode just for some tests - i like the p-mode better . .

Though in respect of dof when using a 300mm it´s definitely preferable to use landscape . . :cool:

best, Klaus

P.S.: regarding the near-lightspeed :cool: of APG´s new engine when detecting CPs i guess the process of stitching might be faster without using xml datas anyway . . . :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:08 pm 

klausesser wrote:
P.S.: regarding the near-lightspeed :cool: of APG´s new engine when detecting CPs i guess the process of stitching might be faster without using xml datas anyway . . . :)

Perhaps but you need the Papywizard Import wizard/filter to assist in placement of featureless images.

For some reason the Papywizard Import wizard/filter detection and preview generation is very much slooooower in APG 2.5 beta 1 than in APG 2.0.9.

Perhaps this will be resolved in 2.5 beta2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:05 pm 

mediavets wrote:
Perhaps but you need the Papywizard Import wizard/filter to assist in placement of featureless images.

Of course! :cool:

best to you, Klaus