Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:34 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:34 pm 

foto1 wrote:
I am in the Great Lakes area there is no stores to buy anything like that it will have to wait.

The nearest town has a population of 176.

My best bet is to get the touch control going.
Tomorrow is my last day here.

OK. You'll find generic USB BT dongles on eBay for $5 or even less.

I hope you are able to get that Touch controller going soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:47 pm 

Thanks.

I see you have the sigma fisheye. Have you used that on the Panogear head?

Also, I have a HP Jornada 540 pda. I think it has the Windows pocket pc 2.0 OS.
I believe there is a way to hook up BT to it. Will I be able to use it for Pappywizard?

Thanks again for all of you efforts.

Dan - Panogear Complete Kit, Autopano Giga, Canon 10d, 500d, 18-55mm IS, Sigma 8mm, Bophoto, Roundshot 220vr, Widepan Pro II, Horizon 202, Speed, Super Speed & Crown Graphic, Super Ikonta C and other old folders. Toshiba Vista 32 bit

"You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes just might find you get what you need." (Stones '69)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:35 am 

foto1 wrote:
Thanks.

I see you have the sigma fisheye. Have you used that on the Panogear head?

I have; it just fits with my Nikon D40 at the NPP, but there's little point if you also have manual pano head which I do.

Quote:
Also, I have a HP Jornada 540 pda. I think it has the Windows pocket pc 2.0 OS.
I believe there is a way to hook up BT to it. Will I be able to use it for Pappywizard?

Sorry, no. Papywizard doesn't run on that OS. Windows XP, Vista and 7; and Maemo OS (Nokia Tablets); and Apple Mac OSX; and Linux are the supported operating systems for Papywizard.

If you'd like to use handheld host device for Papywizard then the Nokia N800 and N810 Internet tablets are the best options, both are out of production now but that means you can find them at quite attractive prices on eBay.

Small netbook PCs running Windows systems are also good Papywizard hosts particularly if you may wish to use one of the tethered shooting techniques.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:38 am 

foto1 wrote:
vincen,

There were no BT drivers installed.

Just plugged dongle in to my wife's Acer notebook running on windows 7 64bit.

It is not recognized.

When you say 'it is not recognised' what are you expecting to see/to happen when you plug in the BT dongle?

When I plug my USB BT Dongle (BlueNEXT BN 01) into a PC running Windows XP the only thing that happens is that the Bluetooth blue and white icon appears in the notification area (right hand side) of the task bar, along with a 'bing bong' sound, and the indicator light on the dongle starts to flash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:38 pm 

When your machine says someing is not recognized means is has no idea what you just pluged in.
My BT Dongle is defective.

The reason you get the results that you get is because yours is not defective.

It has also been decided by Josef that the vertical sensor in the head is not working.

So I can not do anything with the touch control either.

If anyone has experience with vertical sensor problems I would like to hear about it.

Thanks.

Dan - Panogear Complete Kit, Autopano Giga, Canon 10d, 500d, 18-55mm IS, Sigma 8mm, Bophoto, Roundshot 220vr, Widepan Pro II, Horizon 202, Speed, Super Speed & Crown Graphic, Super Ikonta C and other old folders. Toshiba Vista 32 bit

"You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes just might find you get what you need." (Stones '69)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:11 pm 

foto1 wrote:
When your machine says something is not recognized means it has no idea what you just plugged in.

The reason you get the results that you get is because yours is not defective.

I see - I had not realised that you actually had an error message displayed when plugging in the USB BT dongle - it would have been helpful had you posted a screenshot of that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:13 pm 

foto1 wrote:
When your machine says someing is not recognized means is has no idea what you just pluged in.

No it doesn't mean BT dongle is defective, it just means it doesn't find automatically drivers for it !

Vincèn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:55 pm 

That has not been my experience.

When a device could work windows offers to find a driver.

BT was tested in multiple machines.